PBP: WWC Semifinal USA vs Germany June 30 - Montreal pre/pbp/post

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by SaintNdaCity, Jun 26, 2015.

1. ifsteve

ifsteve Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Jul 7, 2013
    MS and ID
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ding ding ding we have a winner.

To be very clear. The debate on the ref thread was mostly about whether the red should have given a red. Plenty of opinions on both sides. There are also a very few who believe that the German player went through JJ in the first place.

But so nobody misreads my view points. If I am the ref in that match here are my calls.

1. I would have called the foul on JJ, awarded a PK, and shown JJ a red card.
    2. On the foul on Morgan, I would have called it a PK. In real time that is what I saw. In the still photos and replays it looks to be outside the box. But in the run of play I think I would have called it a PK.
    3. And the German with a yellow would have gotten a second yellow for PI, specifically the elbow to the neck.
    4. On the potential hold on Morgan in the box I honestly can't say what I would have called at that moment. In looking at the replays I would call it a PK. Both hands around a player to me is a no no.

So if it had played out the same, which we all know is not reality, then we would have been playing 10 on 10. The most likely scenario is that the US is playing 11-10 as the German PI would have been called before the JJ foul.

There now. Does anybody not get where I stand?

Tsunami, kolabear and orcrist repped this.
  2. htide

htide Member

Jul 28, 2007

Law so lets feed into your trolling. No pk for morgan and we go down one. Do you think that means we lose? cause I hate to tell you but at the rate germany were playing I expect we still would have one. Sometimes I think losing a player for us frees up the field in unexpected ways. Also we are so fit in comparison to most teams, that the additional workload doesnt seem to matter. We played the semi versus brazil last time down 1 and brazil was a hell of a lot more dangerous then germany was this last match. hope might have had to deal with some better shots, but it would have been manageable.

3. htide

htide Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Bad example. People who say the Holocaust never happened are not in denial. They are bigoted antisemitic pieces of crap who will hopefully burn in hell for all eternity. See the difference :cautious:

kool-aide and uncchamps2012 repped this.
  4. uncchamps2012

uncchamps2012 Member

Jul 9, 2011
    Can you remind me at what point in the game we went down to ten vs Brazil in 2011.

Morris20 repped this.
  5. SaintNdaCity

SaintNdaCity Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All this talk about the ref, the PK, the non-call BORING!!
    Championship teams don't talk about the officials -- they overcome the calls. That's what the USA did.

Be a championship poster!

6. htide

htide Member

Jul 28, 2007
    #1281 htide, Jul 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
    buehler was red carded in 64th. we played out remaining 26 of 90 plus two 15 after that. sorry wasnt semi it was quarter final

7. htide

htide Member

Jul 28, 2007
    #1282 htide, Jul 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2015

Forgot about the ref calling for rekick of penalty. Such absolute bs. I do not want to hear crying from the german fans about refs. we have taken far more negative calls in the last few cups then them.

8. htide

htide Member

Jul 28, 2007
  9. htide

htide Member

Jul 28, 2007
    remember this?

profeacutec, Dundalk24, Morris20 and 2 others repped this.
  10. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

She has shown 2 PKs drawn, I'll take that....

jackiesdad repped this.
  11. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Marta sets a new Brazilian high jump record every time she gets touched.

RalleeMonkey repped this.
  12. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I believe I've seen in the Refs' forum that the 4 Ds is not the FIFA interpretation but a US ATR one...FIFA's is more subjective, IIRC.

13. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    Thank you Germany for Ariane Hingst (at 2:25 of this video).
    She has done a great job, and she is now a fine American.

Fracas, profeacutec, Morris20 and 2 others repped this.
  14. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WWC Movement..........Do you ever sleep????:D

15. meyers

meyers Member

Jun 11, 2003
    W. Mass
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty much. FIFA has the same things to "consider", while the ATR is more criteria to meet. But it is basically the same 4 things.

16. uncchamps2012

uncchamps2012 Member

Jul 9, 2011
    Morgan made some good plays and drew the pk's . Her finishing is off, I think she will regain form soon. She will remin relevant at least through the next WC

17. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

The USSF said all four elements HAD to be present. The FIFA Laws of the game and instructions to referees never said any such thing.

18. meyers

meyers Member

Jun 11, 2003
    W. Mass
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea, I know. That's what I said.

19. RalleeMonkey

RalleeMonkey Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    here
    Germany played "hack and grab" the whole tournament. They were brutal. Counting on the ref's not to call fouls, so as not to "ruin the game." Mittag shouldn't have even been playing in the U.S. match. She had a brutal studs up challenge to the ankle of a French player.

I didn't get to see the Germany England match. But, I've read the ref wasn't calling fouls our pulling cards. If so, I'm sure it got brutal. I can only imagine.