WWC - Germany 2011 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Kampfschwein, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Kampfschwein

Kampfschwein Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    After defeating both the Netherlands and Italy 5-0, the WNT now also deal Norway a 3-0 defeat. Certainly, they do play some impressive football, which is a joy to watch. And the spectators do appear a more lively crowd than one sadly often gets at MNT games.

Can any team stop this juggernaut? Are we heading for a Sommermärchen Reloaded?

2. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Re: Germany vs Norway

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-22cPVkk3U"]YouTube - ‪Germany vs. Norway | 2011 Women's World Cup warm-up game‬‏[/ame]

3. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

USA and Brazil. Oh and Saskia Bartusiak, but at least we have the home advantage.

I just hope we will see a great world cup and that we will win it.

4. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Beating Canada 2-0 before the half in their 1st groups stage.

Mods could perhaps change the title to WWC - Germany 2011.

5. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They should've been 4:0 up when Sinclair scored that great free kick.
    But da Mbabi not running and stupidly watching the assistant referee as well as Garefrekes doing a Gomez prevented the bigger lead.

Well, they won and that is what counts. Nigeria are the weakest team in our group and we should already qualify with a win against them.

6. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    German TV ratings:

14.000.000 = 58% market share :eek:

Wow. Just as a comparison:

• CL final: 5.700.000
    • German cup final:7.000.000

7. bomber20

bomber20 Member

Jul 17, 2008

Germany should have been down 1:0 after 6 minutes.

8. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Far to casual from the team last night. I noticed a lot of unforced errors and some really lackadaisical defending. Garefrekas's miss was really just amazing.

Am I the only one that thinks that Prinz is way past it? She looks a step or two slower than her teammates.

9. russ99

russ99 Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Chi-town
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Not sure if Prinz has lost a step, rather the other strikers look really good. Popp put on a clinic in the second half, too bad she missed some of those shots.

Hopefully the missed shots and lack of focus were a sign of opening night jitters.

I thought Nied was smart keeping Lira on the bench to start making it clear that she's going to have to work hard to earn playing time.

10. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hopefully the NZ team does well. 3 of the girls were at high school with me. Amber Hearn scored yesterday.

11. BlinderPassagier

Nov 14, 2006
    North of the Border
    Club:
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle
    Nat'l Team:
    Madagascar
    This video isn't as hilarious as the comments on its page: Canada with a "K" offends many more people than I realized! :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jhw2mw1vr4"]YouTube - ‪Deutschland Vs Kanada [2:1] Goal By Christine Sinclair (26.06.11)‬‏[/ame]

12. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Uih, uih,, uih, the PR Korea coach excused the loss vs. the US team with a lightning accident before the match. Well, in first half the Korean women had not any problems, but showed a good display, while the US acted very strong in the 2nd half and deserved its points. Best match beside GER - CAN so far, but still poor compared to men football standard. The Dresden fans chanted "Dynamo, Dynamo", because they prefer watching to see their 2. BL team. Not nice, but at least a lot of people were there.

13. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Terrible officiating in today's match. There have been some downright dangerous tackles going completely unpunished.

14. Kampfschwein

Kampfschwein Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I wouldn't interpret it that way. They're just showing that Dynamo fans have turned up in force in their stadium. They're representin'!

15. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Laure Boulleau is hot!!!

2-1 55 min

16. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Match ended 4-2. The zonal defense on set plays looks every bit as bad for the women's team as it does for the men.

17. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

The only difference is that Silvia Neid will more than likely use this experience as a learning one and change things around to correct the errors. I have more trust in her than Loew.

Hard to see Prinz on the sidelines and she didn't look happy but that is what happens when you need to incorporate new little by little while the old are forced into retirement.

Anyway, great match today - both of them. Oh, and WTF happened to Canada? Total meltdown!!!

18. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I missed the Canada match, but I am really hoping Neid has some tricks up her sleeve because Germany has looked downright poor so far. The team seems really out of sync.

19. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Well, to be fair, this was the toughest match and I do think Neid made adjustments over the last 2 matches. I'm not saying they are now a well oiled machine, but she is improving the team as the tourney goes on making tweaks here and there. The match vs Nigeria was just a physical game that had very little tactics and actual footy in it.

20. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree. I just don't see much in the way of combination football. The players more often than not aren't on the same page.

21. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think you see this way to pessimistic. Germany were most of the time in control of the match, France only had one goal scoring opportunity from open play. And France are a very good opponent, you can't expect German to just freely combinate through the French defense as if it were a training session.

I think it was overall a good showing. Neid showed good coaching, there was even no problem with Prinz and the German squad offers many alternatives for the starting eleven.

22. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And I stated that already...but i think we are also a bit spoiled by the German performances of the past. Nothing to be pessimistic about but Germany does need to click just a bit better than they have been. Neid is on the right course of making this work, again, as stated before. The benching of Prinz was absolutely justifiable. Good job, Silvia!!!

23. cookiely

cookiely Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Club:
    FC Köln
    I am actually quite impressed with Neid this WC. She certainly made some rather daring decisions i.e. benching the out of form Bajmaraj and Prinz.

Also seeing how the german midfield moves and interchanges positions within a game makes me wonder if something similar like this couldn`t also be an option in the mens game. It certainly would make the attack less predictable. Of course the women have less depth and therefore players tend to be more versatile and less specialized.

24. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I was really impressed with the amount of interchanging that Garefrekas and Bajramaj did positionally. Unfortunately Bajramaj is in really bad form... I hope that she snaps out of it soon.

I think that as soon as Popp scores her first goal, the flood gates will open for her. You can tell she is a little tense out there.

25. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Is it me, or did it look like Inka Grings was the motor. She seemed to me that she carried the leadership role on her game a bit more than Garefrekas.

Anyone else see that? She was almost like an Effenberg type player...