WTF is up with the Copa SUD!!!!

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by Argentine Futbol, Jun 1, 2005.

1. G D L

G D L New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    Boston University
    make us.....beat us

2. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    maybe if mexican teams would lose a little more often they wouldnt be invited for future tournaments.....

3. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    You know what? Mexico has a good league. I can accept that. I think that Chivas might even get to the final of Libertadores, for example.

You know what, though? In past iterations of Copa Libertadores Mexican teams have had a good shot at winning it and in almost 7 years the so called 3rd best league in the Americas hasn't done jack ********. So, here we a have a league that has more money than some European leagues, have quality teams... definitely have more organization that most teams in South Anerica, yet still can't win a tournament that they so apparently deserve, while teams like Olimpia and Once Caldas have already accomplished this these past few years and under more unfavorable conditions.

Where am I trying to get at? Well, I just think Mexicans don't have the guts to win important tournaments. They always choke... they lack the so called "h" factor on important occasions... and I'm totally not trying to offend anyone with this... it is my honest opinion. For this reason, I believe it will be many years before they can win any south american tournament (if any).

I say let them come... CONMEBOL already ********ed up, and I hope this is not repeated in the future, but in the meantime the best way to prove which teams are better is competing. Personally, I thought U de Chile could've competed well against a team like Tigres... but since I didn't get a chance to see that I'd like to see a game like this in Copa Sudamericana.

4. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    north america and south america are less connected with each other geographically than europe is with asia

get the f-k out of our tournaments and our forum, you don't belong here

5. kamikazepilot42

kamikazepilot42 New Member

Jun 2, 2005
    Cincinnati, OH
    I am not speaking on where Mexican teams should/deserve to be playing, but...

Obviously YOU failed geography class.
    Mexico is a part of North America, not South America. Always have been.
    Don't even attempt to argue this, just go pick up a geography book.

6. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Jesus Christ!!

I can just image what's going to be going on here when the U.S. eventually gets into these tournaments.

7. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I dont got a problem with the Mexican teams in our tournament, it brings more competition for both.. but the going straight to the octavos in the Sud is ridiculous and unfair tho but other then that i dont see any problem with a lil more competiton

8. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    well in that case we could as well invite spanish, italian an english teams into our tournaments as it would add even more competition :rolleyes:

fact is that mexico is not and will never be part of south america and copa libertadores is a south american club tournament and that is why those aliens need to get the f-k out of there

9. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Actually, it's been evident for a while now that Copa Libertadores is "evolving" into a tournament which will encompass North, Central and South America. As such, I thought Copa Sudamericana would be a South American-only tournament. If not, then what will be the difference between the two?

10. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    If you guys really think that the concacaf teams are that bad, what's wrong with having us in your cup? It only seems that the southamericans are afraid that a mexican team is gonna win your cup....
    I am a mexicansoccer hater, so i really enjoy whem my team Saprissa or my NT CR win over them, i love playing mexican teams, that's the best way to shut their mouths up.
    Southamericans should show their "superioridad" en la cancha, thats the only place that matters

11. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    totally agree, all the teams should start in the same round

12. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

I totally disagree with you, i dont wanna offend you but you look like a crying baby to me, COPAAMERICA-Libertdores-sudamericanas were originally exclusive southamerican torunaments, but you gotta accept that all the CONCACAF teams that have played in those tournaments have improved the tournaments quality, BTW we are latinos also, mexican and centralamericans have the same blood you have, what's wrong with having us in your cups? We are just invited to improve the tournament, in economically and socially ways

13. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    you are concacaf teams that is what's wrong

mexicans are north americans and not south americans, if you doubt me take a look at the map. their football culture is totally different and that is why they don't belong in our tournaments

14. alekjandro

alekjandro New Member

Feb 8, 2005
    Guadalajara
    Lo que les molesta a ustedes sudamericanos es que sus equipos mediocres pierdan contra los de CONCACAF y entonces se dan cuenta que su nivel no es tan especial y bueno, eso les duele y por eso arremeten contra que no son parte de CONMEBOL y que no son parte de Sudamerica, estas excusas estan tan gastadas y equipos como Chivas ya demostraron en la cancha que estan por arriba de lo necesario para estar en un torneo como la copa libertadores.

15. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    totalmente de acuerdo, la mayoria de equpos de mexico mas unos cuantos de centroamerica estan a un nivel parecido a la mayoria de equipos de suramerica, para muestra el 4-0 que le dieron al boca, no me mal interpreten, no estoy diciendo que seamos mejores, simplemente digo que el nivel es muy comparable, obviamente existen equipos argentinos, brasilenos, colombianos, etc que son de muy alta calidad, pero no son tampoco la octava maravilla, hay que ser un poco mas humilde y aceptar la realidad, si no que lo diga la aficion xeneinse

16. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    OK, i just realized that you just dont want to accept it

17. alekjandro

alekjandro New Member

Feb 8, 2005
    Guadalajara
    Football culture??..this is the most stupid thing i have ever heard..the football is universal, the level is other thing..but you are totally wrong...your football culture (south american football culture) is the same as other parts in the world..take that and live with it!! :mad:

18. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    copa america libertadores and sudamericana were originally exclusive to conmebol countries because our past dirigentes had principles and were not money hungry

now they will sell anything to get more cash, meixco has the cash and thats the only reason why they are invloved in our tourneys

its a shame concacaf countires dont play and help develop their own tourneys with the money they spend buying spaces in our ones

19. El Cabrito

El Cabrito Member

Dec 22, 2002
    Ca
    So How come CONMEBOL kicked out Surninam and Guyana??

20. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    and you got that from where?

and whats that got to do with non conmebol teams in conmebol comps

21. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    once again another mexican totally missing the point.

if the mexican teams are good enough or not to play in libertadores doesn't matter. i mean i'm pretty sure that a lot of european clubs are good enough to play in south america too, and the best south american clubs are surely good enough to play in champions league. i mean just compare the norwegian team rosenborg to river plate or sao paulo...

yet you won't see sao paulo in champions league and you won't see valencia or inter in copa libertadores. it has nothing to do with football quality. it has to do with geography, it has to do with which confederation you belong to. and mexico belongs to concacaf, they are not part of south america, therefore they shouldn't play in south american tournaments, why is it so hard to understand?

22. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    mexicans have a different view on football than what you have in south america, talking football with a mejicano is different from when you talk about football with a south american. just like european football is different from south american so is mexican football

you don't belong in conmebol. you don't share the same football culture, nor the same tradition, the copa itself means nothing to you, you are just there to win prestige, your football teams are aliens to us. i cannot understand how you can keep on arguing about it. no matter how good your clubs are they are still mexican clubs and not south american. why don't you buy some space for your clubs in champions league next year? why don't participate with your national team in the eurocup? i'll tell you why that won't ever happen, cause the european bosses aren't as corrupted and money hungry as the south american ones.

23. El Cabrito

El Cabrito Member

Dec 22, 2002
    Ca
    They are in your continent...

You seem to want Mexico to help their less skilled neighbors but most SA won't do the same for the small south american nations.

Tit for tat bro...

24. El Cabrito

El Cabrito Member

Dec 22, 2002
    Ca
    Hate the game my freind...

25. El Cabrito

El Cabrito Member

Dec 22, 2002
    Ca
    So isn't your beef with the south american bossess???

Why hate Mexico?? they arn't the ones that are screwing you over, its your own people...