World Cup viewing in Nashville area

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by crewrogue, Jun 8, 2010.

1. crewrogue

crewrogue New Member

Oct 4, 2002
    Ohio
    Looking for prospective bars to view WC matches with other soccer fans. The Sam's Sports Grill in Hendersonville is going to open at 9am for the opening match. This is convenient for me, but expectations of decent turnout is not high. They seem receptive. I will be there for several matches because of convenience, but I assume there will be other places around Nashville that have more of a history and possibly draw larger crowds. Sam's people claim that their Hillsboro Village location will open and has drawn decent crowds for WC matches in past. Dan McGuiness has also been mention as a place. Need information from Nashville veterans. Thanks in advance and hopefully will be able to link up with fellow US and soccer fans.

Walt

2. Wessoman

Wessoman Member+

Sep 26, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I used to live in Nashville as of last week. And nothing, bar nothing, beats the 3Crow in East Nashville.

I am also quite fond of the Las Maracas on Gallatin. PLENTY of HD TV's, and they are ALWAYS on Soccer. Usually mexican soccer (Where I watched many evenings of Pachuca and Jose Francisco Torres) as well as Champions League. They will be showing all the games.

I am not sure if either place will be open early. Both places will be showing USA/England.

Remember, I am sternly against Dan MacGuinness. Both the 3Crow and Las Maracas are happy showing MLS games and North American soccer, and showed the US qualifiers. Dan McG is Eurosnob central. Don't know how many times I took shit for watching the MLS or the USA at that hole.