World Cup radio show in the Twin Cities.

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by house, Jun 6, 2006.

1. house

house Member

Dec 27, 1998
    Inver Grove Heights, Minn.
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On Monday, P.A. and Dubay will talk soccer for about an hour, right when the USA takes on CR. It will be me, P.A., Dubay, Amos Magee from the Thunder and a couple other soccer fans in studio at KFAN. It stinks becuase the game will be going on at the time, but we will try to break things down as the first half is being played.

Check it out at 11-Noon on Monday. After that, I will be hauling ass somewhere to catch the second half.....

2. cheetahhead73

cheetahhead73 New Member

Jun 6, 2006
    Atlanta
    Any idea what bar you'll be racing off to for the second half? I'll be in St. Paul for the week and want to know which bar should have the best US fan base. I know Brit's and The Local should be showing games, but I'm most interested in a bar with the best group of US fans.

3. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good luck with that house. I was bummed out when I heard this announced cause there is no way I'll be near a radio to tune in. I hope to record it though and listen later on during the day.

For anyone who'd like to listen, there is a link to listen via the web at the stations homepage.

4. house

house Member

Dec 27, 1998
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure where I'll be. I know the Thunder will have something going on in St. Paul. I'll ask Amos. I not looking forward to driving from St. Louis Park to St. Paul in time to catch the second half.....

I'll make sure the Thunder party gets announced soon....

5. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    alright, way to go PA and Dubay!! They have a huge radio following and are pretty decent compared to the other guys on the KFAN...they are dilettantes when it comes to soccer, but it's refreshing to have people on board anyway....and they like Amos and the Thunder!!

I'll have to keep an ear out for some of that..

6. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am temporarily residing in SLP, if you want to head over here, PM...

7. Thunderpac

Thunderpac Member

Feb 16, 2000
    NE Minneapolis
    For anyone wondering about places to go to catch the WC matches, the places listed here are all confirmed to be showing all or some of the matches. The Local will have every game on live. I believe Sweetwater opens before 8am and they have HD, so that is a good bet for those in St. Paul. The Thunder are holding watch parties at Billy's On Grand, and they have HD also. Nomad World Pub has indicated that they may open early for the matches if there is demand. For them and any others, I would call in advance.

8. house

house Member

Dec 27, 1998
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    An update on Monday's show....

P.A. is burned out and is taking the day off. Dubay has been asked by corporate to attend their charity golf function. That means I and I ALONE will be on from 9-12 on Monday. We'll talk baseball for about 90 minutes, then try to switch over to soccer at about 10:30, so people who want to call in before the game can do so. Feel free to call in from any bar in town to let me know what the atmosphere is. Amos Magee from the Thunder, Jose, a Yankees fan who loves soccer, and some dude from KTLK who is a soccer fan will be in studio with me at 11:00, which is kickoff.

After the show, I will be hauling ass to either Brits or the Local to catch the second half....

We'll tear the roof off the mothersucker.....

9. Thunderpac

Thunderpac Member

Feb 16, 2000
    NE Minneapolis
    What is the phone number to call in? I may try to call you from Germany...

10. house

house Member

Dec 27, 1998
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    O.K. the show it set for Monday!

If you are stuck at home or the office, you can listen online at

www.kfan.com

Let's have fun!