World Cup Qualifier Asian one 3rd round

Discussion in 'China' started by Zhou Botong, Nov 18, 2007.

1. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    talking about Chen Tao, the Changsha Board will see for a transfert with genoa, if Chen tao go there his carriere will end on the bench like 99% of the asian players before him

2. dsong2006

dsong2006 Member

Jun 4, 2007
    I think we really missed Dong Fangzhuo for this match...his physicality would've caused Australia serious problems like last time we played them. Dujkovic needs to have him ready for the olympics. Sames goes for Mao Jianqin and Chen Tao....

3. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    Dong's injured unfortunately.. and I don't think Chen Tao's fit.

Mao Jianqing however.. where the hell did he go?!

4. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    this generation's china team is talent deprived

we miss the talent like yang chen, li ming (especially li ming), li xiaopeng...how i miss them..

ohhh i realize li tie is not here.

5. dsong2006

dsong2006 Member

Jun 4, 2007
    i think we miss Hao Haidong the most!! I feel that the Dong Fangzhuo/Yu Dabao generation will fade away like Li Tie for not playing much at all in Europe

6. Rivadol10

Rivadol10 New Member

Jul 23, 2006
    Many of Korea's, UAE, Saudi Arabia and Iran's players don't play in Europe (well maybe not Iran since alot play in Spain). So while its definitely a benefit, it's not absolutely necessary to improve the players. I still think fitness as well as mentality is the most important, as well as good coaching from the grassroots. CFA should definitely consider revamping the academy system and focus more on technique and creativity rather than just basic skills, which they are not that good at anyways...

Also the running off the ball needs alot of work, everyone's movement is too static and it's SO easy to intercept our passes and mark our players.

7. Wezza

Wezza Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Yeah that was definitely China's best shot at beating us IMO. Next time we'll hopefully have our star players back & it'll be in Sydney in front of 83,000.

8. Pasqualino redded

Mar 26, 2008
    Canada
    China played like dogs, fouling every two seconds and some dog tackles which should of resulted in red cards. You guys got lucky tonight, very lucky.

9. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    lol is australia who got lucky

10. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    didn't watch the game. Kind of surprised we actually pulled an upset with this draw. Too bad Shao missed the PK, the 3 pts could have been so great.

11. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Never liked Shao. Too slow and lazy a player to be effective offensively. All he has is a decent left foot.

12. Zhou Botong

Zhou Botong Member

Oct 15, 2007
    So is 0 - 0 an upset?

13. Zhou Botong

Zhou Botong Member

Oct 15, 2007
    You are just barking like a rabid canine.

14. zhuangzi

zhuangzi Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Yep, drawing a home leg at 1900m deep in the mountains with a team that spent three weeks acclimatising. Upset of the century.

15. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    Which game were you watching you prick?

16. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    It is if your team is China.

17. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Always love to see excuses when a team does bad.

18. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    +

The more I look at it the more I think we just lost our best chance to get out of this group.. At least Iraq lost to Qatar.. not that they're much weaker either

19. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    yeah just what the hell was Shao thinking shooting low in the middle against a Prem keeper? Maybe it works against a shit keeper in 2.Bundesliga

20. dsong2006

dsong2006 Member

Jun 4, 2007
    So right now we absolutely have to beat Iraq at home, that game will be crucial because we really have no idea how we'll fare against Qatar. Their pace and the technical ability of those two South American imports can catch us off guard and they're just coming off a cruching win against Iraq.

21. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    I think too that your chances are better off with Iraq. Qatar is really a dangerous team. Even after scoring 2 goals, they were looking for the 3rd.

22. mehdan

mehdan New Member

Jun 8, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    hey, at least japan lost to bahrain and iran drew kuwait after going 2 up.

- zz missed two sitters in first half, no composure....seemed too anxious and a bit tired. Also referee was lenient enough to not send SunJihai off for rocket tackle.

- The effort and desire from Shao during penalty makes China seem not deserving of qualification...or even playing pro. football.

23. Loyalty

Loyalty Member

Jun 25, 2006
    Australia
    If China had of played with it's Football team rather than half the National Kung Fu team and half the National Diving team then they may of got a better result.

For a team to be practicing together for a month prior to this game at altitude and have a lead up tournament and not get a win against a team which arrived 1-2 days before the game and had it's 6th choice striker (which you shamelessly took out) is pretty ordinary. Your star player Zheng Zia (sp) couldn't hit the side of a barn and i thought that Sun Juhai guy was suppose to be good but he is nothing but a dog. You should be embarrassed to call him your own and if the game was officiated properly he would have been sent off, along with the tackler who took out Thompson in the first part of the game. Real cheap stuff China. Then the dodgy ref gives you guys a dodgy penalty and you still can't win, along with 3 dodgy yellow cards against Aust. What will it take nest time? :)

Hard to believe your tactics of not pushing forward and having two fullbacks marking no one for most of the game, very negative by your coach. You shold have been running the legs off Aust but chose to "save face" and not lose. You honestly didn't even have the best chances of the game.

For a country that prides itself on not "losing face" that was a disgraceful performance of football as well as sportsmanship. It's no wonder your colours are red (for embarrassment).

24. Pasqualino redded

Mar 26, 2008
    Canada
    As if we played better all match, and you guys clearly bribed the refs.

25. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    oh.