World Cup 2018 - Who will you watch?

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by St. Michael's Sword, Nov 14, 2017.

1. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    When Portugal do it it’s nuce pro football? All I see is a disguised offshoot of catenaccio

Calcio Pauly repped this.
  2. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Bingo.

Besides. Schweinsteiger should worry about slimming down a bit instead of Italy so he can go as Ellen for Halloween with that lesbian haircut he’s rocking

Calcio Pauly repped this.
  3. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I saw him score a goal for the Chicago Fire last week but after 4 years, at only 33 years of age, Bastian Schweinsteiger is a shadow of his former self.

calabrese8 repped this.
  4. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    saranno sempre rotti nel culo.

calabrese8 repped this.
  5. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Mexico started first.:D But Germany is always consistent. They prepare great. I heard Toni Kroos. He doesn't make silly excuses after their defeat. Other teams always make some excuses.

6. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    German players and fans will always have broken asses when it comes to Italy. Always some sort of inferiority complex. That was the meaning :)

calabrese8 repped this.
  7. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Then you're talking about them.

Have you ever been there? It's pretty opposite right now, non footballing wise.

Pietro Calcio and calabrese8 repped this.
  8. Vialli-Toto

Vialli-Toto Member

Milan
    Italy
    Mar 26, 2018
    More delusional crap from delusional supporters. We didn't make the world cup yet fans like you still think we're a good team. We aren't in the world cup, we weren't good enough to qualify yet you think we would do well and people are scared of us?

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Delusional.

Deleted User x repped this.
  9. Vialli-Toto

Vialli-Toto Member

Milan
    Italy
    Mar 26, 2018
    Get outta here. Who cares, they're still the world champions and are IN the world cup. Good chance they recover and still do well. At least they're in it with a chance. We have our team sitting at home as well as supporters like you hanging shit over other teams like we're half decent. Which, we are not.

10. Vialli-Toto

Vialli-Toto Member

Milan
    Italy
    Mar 26, 2018
    We were fantastic in the qualifiers and playoffs hey. If you're not good enough there and can't qualify, what chance do you have at the world cup?

Can't even score a goal in two games.

11. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #161 falvo, Jun 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    The trick is to qualify. It’s a proven fact that Italy has always progressed in a tournament. I’m pretty sure had they qualified , there will have been a different team at the World Cup.

Tell me when exactly Italy was a great goal scoring team? In 1982, they won the World Cup with three draws and only had two goals in the first round!

Heck in 2006, they couldn’t even score against a 9 man USA and barely beat Australia on a pK by Totti in the 95th minute and went on to win the whole thing as well.

Rosay and calabrese8 repped this.
  12. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    I visited Portugal few times, people are relaxed, they are not violent, there are no safety issues, forbidden eating in restaurants, like in some other countries. In nice resorts, restaurants, you get great service. Just observe now during this World Cup, prices of low quality restaurants, hotels, bars went up in the sky.:cool: That's negative.
    Maybe they play now more tactical, but creative style in 90's hasn't brought too much of joy. I have only positive experiences with countries like: Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, Greece, Cyprus, Malta, Israel, through visits, staying, gastronomy, people. It would be better if Euro zone didn't disturb them. Other side of Mediterranean was also great for me: Morocco, Egypt. Many close people, said great things about Tunisia. Street food is maybe not the best gastronomy choice in Northern Africa: heat, hygiene.

13. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Just before I went work Colombia had a red card in the third minute giving a pk to Japan! After 5 minutes Japan up 1-0!

14. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I understand being frustrated, it happens and i often spew out a bunch of nonsense "FIRE EVERYOBODY" during matches (sono italiano) but man, this is our country that we should support no matter what. Am i mad that we're not in the WC? Of course! But these things happen, time to rebuild and focus on the next tournament, nothing we can do this very second. Italy has never done extremely well during qualifying, some instances we just barely scraped by (playoff with Russia in 97 anybody?) and the same can be said about tournament group stages but once we get into the knockout phase Italy is feared and NOBODY wants to play us. Look at what happened in 2016 at the Euro, beat Spain and took Germany to PK's with our freaking B team.

15. UdineseFan98

UdineseFan98 Member

Mar 12, 2017
    St. Catherines, ON
    Club:
    Udinese Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We lost 2 games in qualifying. One of which on an own goal.

16. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Another Trezeguet????????????????????????

17. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    That's only his nickname. He looks like David Trezeguet a little bit.
    His real name: Mahmoud Ahmed Ibrahim Hassan

falvo repped this.
  18. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah I know just didn’t know why he would pick that name...

19. Italy08

Italy08 Member

Jun 7, 2008
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I have a few observations.

1)Portugal is playing fantastic and I would not be surprised if Ronaldo holds the Workd Cup. At least Portugal will be competitive. Portugal can easily go to the quarterfinals and hopefully the Semi Finals

2) Italy is a very predictable team. That’s why Spain exposed Italy and scored two goals alone in the first half. Italy and Spain has been playing against each other and Spain has taken advantage.

3) Spain is having a hard time today because they are playing an unknown team. It seems that Italy was a very easy team for Spain to expose.

4) Spain might win but based on the first half they are missing the last touches that can lead to a goal.

5) I know Italy beat Spain with Conte, but that was a completely different team.

6) the performances Germany, Argentina Brazil have been disappointing and they might leave the world cup soon.

7) I’m going to choose Portugal because of the excitement and Cristiano Ronaldo and also Spain. Spain has very experienced players.

20. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    I think what this World Cup is showing more than anything so far is that other teams are slowly starting to catch up to the big boys. There seems to be more parity than in the past. We'll see how things progress but I wouldn't mind seeing a new nation lift the WC for the first time. Might be good for football in general.

What I do know is that the level of play of the big teams has been very sub-par. That actually infuriates me even more because I think our team is better than most believe.

21. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    My thoughts also, i'm just not seeing anything spectacular from the big powerhouses but maybe that will change later in the tournament. I wouldn't mind seeing Russia win it all, they've been playing well. I hope Germany crashes out, Sweden would be cool in my book if they manage a win but i've never been a Sweden hater anyway. I just don't want to see Spain/Germany/Brazil go far.

22. UdineseFan98

UdineseFan98 Member

Mar 12, 2017
    St. Catherines, ON
    Club:
    Udinese Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They were thouroughly outplayed by Morocco today. I wouldn't call that a fantastic performance. I reckon iran beat them, wouldn't that be something?

calabrese8 and Deleted User x repped this.
  23. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006

What about 2010 and 2014?

24. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #174 falvo, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    Fluke. Euro Cup or not, what about 2008 & 2012?

25. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    They progressed. But they don't always. And now they're at an all time low.