World Cup 2018 Russia

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by HomietheClown, Dec 3, 2017.

1. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I wonder if commentators from the UK, Italy, Brasil, France, etc. make fun of the American commentators behind their backs (it would be easy to do since they aren't around for most games)? :D They must have at least one cocktail party among all the commentators around the world during the tournament. All the best in the world in their profession because WC commentator is as good as it gets in their career, alongside FOX's hockey announcers. :ROFLMAO: I can just imagine everyone at that party being flabbergasted at the sheer muppetry and amateurish of the American commentators.

2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    There may be an element of arrogance like in most showbiz industries but I would venture to think that they appreciate some of the things you can do in USA television that you can't do in European television.
    It seems to me that the British broadcasters, players and coaches seem to enjoy the laid back chummy chummy way interviews can be conducted in the USA compared to the style in Europe which always seems so stuffy and stale.

3. windward

windward New Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Apr 26, 2018
    The better access to ondemand content worked well for me on the day’s I didn’t feel like getting up at 4am to watch soccer.