Pre-match: World Cup 2018 Group Stage Prediction

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by Gilbertsson, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    And now that you mentioned him, he was among the first to say that what Neuer did in that match, was embarrasing and a total disgrace for football... :p

2. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's not true. The match ban is directly linked with the red card, part of it so to speak. If the referee sees a incident and punishes it, there is no possibility to punish it again by the association. If the referee sees an incident and decides it's okay with the rules, then there can't be any punishment by the association. If there is an incident that isn't seen by the referee, then the association can punish the player afterwards.

Pls, the discussion makes no sense if you don't even know how these things work.

3. Hayaka

Hayaka Member+

Jun 21, 2009
    San Francisco North Bay, Bel Marin Keys
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Klinsmann didn't say what Neuer did was a disgrace, he said the referee failing to make the correct call was a disgrace. Look at your own citation.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/wo...dmits-conned-referee-Frank-Lampards-shot.html

Damn it, I let myself get pulled back into this stupid argument.:mad:

4. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Tell that, and try to convince Neymar his match ban extenssion during Copa America 2015, actually was a mistake or an error by FIFA, whom not only gave him a match ban for the red card he got after kicking the ball recklessly over an unaware opponents back, but for the whole nature of the incidents he made after their match against Colombia had finished (originally, he only got a 2 match date ban for his red card, which was afterward extended to 4 match date bans, to take place during WC qualifiers, decission taken basicly by what was reported by the referee).

Not so, as FIFA in its disciplinary code, clearly gives space for other of their jurisdictional bodies or for the Court of Arbitration of Sports (CAS), enough power to over rule any decission taken by the referee, if they strongly believe there was a mistake by the referee in interpretation of the rules.

http://resources.fifa.com/mm/docume.../02/75/fifadisciplinarycode2017en_neutral.pdf

5. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Again.. show me an example, there is non. Until you could, you're wrong. We still wait on an example in the Neuer case, too. But hey, everybody knows you just spread smoke to not speak about Suarez

6. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    You may be right, (I give this one to you) looking at what was written from him in that citation posted. Although for truth, it doesn't say what you are implying neither.

In it, all it says that Klinsmann said was (I will quote it here literally, word by word) :

"That was a goal. It is a disgrace"

7. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Of course Rickdog will kiss Suarez's ass. After all, there's quite the love affair between Chileans and Uruguayans.

[​IMG]

8. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Suarez handled the ball which is not allowed, and got sanctioned after accordingly to how it is written in the rule book. There is nothing else to say on regards to that, as it is not his fault that afterwards the ghanian player decided to kick the penalty kick, up to the clouds. The whole play might be considered shameless and unfortunate, but everything was done as how it is meant to be done according to the rules and laws of the game.

In the Neuer case, though, a player showed a profound lack of sportsmanship and fair play conduct, where he took advantage of a situation, which he even had the nerves to recognize after the match finished, and got away with it, as for FIFA things that may have happened in a pitch not being sanctioned at the time they happened, prescribe after 5 years, and the damage really was already done.

No need to show any other examples, as everything is cristal clear as what happened in both of those cases. Now if you pretend to have other situations with the exact pattern of how things happened that day, you will have to probably wait for your whole life span to pass by, as those type of things don't happen so often, if ever, really do. And with the acceptance of goal line technology and VAR, in football, they will almost for sure never happen again.

9. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    well, if you would ask first, instead of simply spitting whatever comes into your mind, you would find out, that the whole Suarez handball situation, is against what I think should prevail in football.

To me (and I'm not anyone of importance for FIFA), for what Suarez did that day, he should've been banned for life in order to set a clear example of what is allowed and what isn't, being his action that day definitively among what shouldn't be allowed in any way, as it is anti-football in its whole expression (same as his biting opponent atitude, btw).

But, what I may think about the issue, means only peanuts, so if we really want to have a meaningful debate over it, we must do it on grounds of what is written in the rules and Laws of the game, regarding it (and keep own opinions regarding it, to yourselves).

10. Gibraldo

Gibraldo Member+

radnicki nis
    Serbia
    Nov 17, 2005
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    he did, what was sanctioned with a red card and he got it so why ban him for live?! you can't be serious.

there are 100 cases of illegal shot blocking every season and there are horrendeous fouls from. behind when defenders hunt down escaped strikers which are alone in front of the goal for the same reason and this is in all cases to prevent the opponent from scoring.

at least suarez did not injured any opponent in that ghana match.

and biting, well, you can define it as animalistic but in the end of the day it is not causong 6 month injury breaks like other assault.

if you are consequent, then you should have banned also leonardo for life in 1994 for what he did to tab ramos or schumacher for battiston.

Pipiolo and celito repped this.
  11. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    #211 Rickdog, Jan 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    I am very serious here, as well

From an amateur player we can accept almost anything, but from a pro-player , whom may be an example to follow by many others who love the game, that atitude for me, is unacceptable. I believe pro players, should at all times act as pro's and have respect for the game, team mates, opponents and fans, and with lousy displays all they do is show disrespect to everyone else.

Sorry, but that's how I feel about the issue. In any case I don't pretend to convince anyone to believe the same way as I do. (I'm only giving you here, a polite answer to what you asked for)

are you sure, it is as you think it is ?
    I can almost bet (I really never do any sort of bets), that the ghanian player that afterwards missed the penalty kick, even up to nowdays, still has nightmares repeating that particular penalty kick in his head, and in the future might need a serious psychiatric help to get over it :p

He did not injure opponents physically, but mentally instead, which in many ways does more harm than a physical blow.

sure, football always has been a contact sport and most of those things usually happen even unintentionally. But dogso with his hands, for a field player diferent to the goalkeeper, right on top of the goal line is simply too much. It's not as if the ball unwillingly hit him in the arms, or as if the ball was about to hit his face and he took cover with his hands in order to avoid being hurt with it.

we agree to disagree, on this one

As with Suarez, particularly, it's not only one thing, but countless of them : he likes biting, kicking, hiting other players, also loves diving and acting out things that never have happened, and doing all sort of unacceptable things, that probaly some may probably find to be atractive, but for me, none of it is how football should be played (it still is only my opinion, here)

oh yes, you hit the nail here.

I believe they should've also been banned for life for what they did back then. :thumbsup:

But,........... don't worry.
    I'm not in FIFA's disciplinary comitee, so no matter what I may think about the issue, will never really happen .....;)

12. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Around 4'30 (about the handball):

@Rickdog this discussion is a bit off-topic but when you say: "to have a meaningful debate over it, we must do it on grounds of what is written in the rules and Laws of the game" ... this shouldn't exclude a sceptical stance ... rotten rules can, or better yet, should be challenged ... the VAR protocols for Russia might already include the Suarez rule (awarding a goal instead of a pen) ... it's probably better to move this discussion to the VAR thread ... we'll see if anything is done about the dark arts (if so, I'm guessing Uruguay will suffer).

13. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    A Belgian coming out on the German's side...
    How surprising!
    :ROFLMAO:

Get your white flag ready! :thumbsdown:

Pipiolo repped this.
  14. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    Oh no! Another prediction about our demise... Get in line, boy...
    Remember; we taught the world how to play this game and "they" have been trying to keep us down for 100 years and somehow, against all odds, we're still here.
    So keep trying. Bet against us, please. We like it this way.
    :)

15. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Suarez hand ball is no different than a last defender or a goalie committing an intentional foul to deny a goal scoring opportunity. It doesn't matter that he uses his hand, the intent is identical.

Pipiolo repped this.
  16. Hayaka

Hayaka Member+

Jun 21, 2009
    San Francisco North Bay, Bel Marin Keys
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Oh yeah, there is a worldwide conspiracy against . . . wait for it . . . Uruguay!

Why, you ask? Well, nobody knows.

17. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    You're quite bad at this, the "boy" remark could even get you reported. Just give it up.

18. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    Those words are not in my vocabulary. I'm Uruguayan, not Belgian.
    What's the matter? You like to give it but can't take it? Not surprised.
    :thumbsdown:

Pipiolo repped this.
  19. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Fine have it your way @guri ... the "boy" remark could even get you reported :)

20. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The Algerians may have an opinion on despicable cheating too.

21. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    Oh nooo... Not again
    :ROFLMAO:

22. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    :ROFLMAO::notworthy:
    Brilliant!

23. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Again? When did I before?

24. Metropolitan

Metropolitan Member+

Paris Saint Germain
    France
    Sep 5, 2005
    Paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    What is the most shocking in Suarez handball was that it was plainly conscious. Suarez made a full goalkeeper stop, jumping with both arms fully stretched out forward. Of course you're right on the fact FIFA can't invent a special rule just because of that, but it was very unique nonetheless.

Suarez' handball is of a totally different nature than Henry's handball against Ireland or Maradona's handball against England. In both cases, handballing was instinctive. They should have been sanctionned and weren't but they were Human errors, even if professional footballers are normally trained to avoid them.

The weird thing though, is that it seems many consider Maradona and Henry as bigger cheaters than Suarez, just because their handball weren't whistled whereas Suarez was. Players aren't responsible of that, referees are. That's particularly unfair, especially against Thierry Henry who has played it fair all through his carreer.

Hayaka repped this.
  25. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    #225 Rickdog, Jan 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    Although Suarez's hand ball, was sanctioned as being DOGSO, for truth even DOGSO comes short. Problem is that what Suarez particularly did, isn't described in the laws of the game.

He didn't deny a goal scoring "opportunity " (in which case, although chances are very low on not scoring after, if the fault didn't happen, it could still happen that the player with that opportunity, kicks it out).
    What Suarez denied was a ball going in (no hands there, and 100 % certain, it would have gone in, and unless the referee and linesmen were completely blind, it would've been a goal).

In any case, my position on regards to Suarez, not only comes for that particular play (his handball in 2010), but for his long history of dubious situations in which he always manages to get involved in (till the 2010 WC, wasn't even counting any of his attempts to "eat" opponents in matches while being played, in Netherlands (Bakkal) later in that same year, at the premier league (Ivanovic) in 2013, and at the next WC (Chiellini) in 2014).

That particular play (2010 hand ball), for me, was simply "the straw that broke the camel's back". At this point, regarding Suarez, I believe it's just a matter of time before he bites someone else in Spain, or at next WC.....:thumbsdown: