World Cup 2014 tickets: general discussion: NOT for trading or selling

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by bulle1, Apr 26, 2013.

1. MacPhistoTerp

MacPhistoTerp Member

United States
    Mar 25, 2009
    Treasure Island, FL
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That has happened to me on credit cards without a chip. You just go to the counter and they print out the tickets. They dont even ask for the credit card. They just enter your birthday and ID number and make sure the name matches the ID.

I even entered my birthday wrong, m/d/y rather than d/m/y but they were able to find the tickets by my order number. They arent cancelling anyones tickets.

2. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    I ended up picking it up just fine. still don't know the reason as I got tickets with other cards without chips.

Martin NYC and Ashan Rama repped this.
  3. Ashan Rama

Ashan Rama Member

Feb 18, 2014
    Ticket pick up at machine if you have the payment card is as easy as it gets.

4. davimak11

davimak11 Member

Feb 16, 2014
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    URGENT!!!
    I have 4 x tickets to Greece vs Costa Rica tomorrow for sale - face value.
    I am in Rio. I had planned to go but I just found that I have booked wrong flight dates... absolutely devastated.
    If there is anyone in Rio right now who wants these tickets, please let me know ASAP. I can meet late tonight.

5. soccer_luvr

soccer_luvr New Member

Jun 28, 2014
    Quick question: if I buy tickets from someone, does my name have to be on the tickets or do they even check this at the stadium?

6. areyoublindref

areyoublindref New Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    no names are checked at the stadium. they just put your ticket under the scanner and you are in :)

7. areyoublindref

areyoublindref New Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    to my fellow forumites... my brazil world cup adventure is over. had an amazing 9 days. saw spain v chile (cat 3) and brazil v cameroon (cat 2) for my first (and probably only) world cup in a country i had always wanted to go to. very chuffed :D

thanks to everyone on this forum for helping out in answering everyone's questions and to the stats people like scorpyn for their hardwork. i ended up just 'working the system' to get my tickets. just remember, fifa wants money more than they care who goes through their gate ;)

hope everyone has a great tournament. this world cup is throwing up unexpected delights in matches so far so the next two weeks are gonna be epic.

kevinucho repped this.
  8. PetterBergstrom

PetterBergstrom New Member

Jun 30, 2014
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Hi!
    If I as a foreigner buy category 4 tickets to a game. Can I still get in? The fifa website says that they will check for brasilian ids. Anyone tried it?
    Thanks alot guys!

9. rodrigotr

rodrigotr New Member

Jun 30, 2014
    Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    I went to 4 games and nobody asked me about id´s (ok, i´m brazilian) but i can´t see for foreigners too...

10. Tello

Tello BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 20, 2006
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    No, they didnt ID me at any games

11. JRWilko1977

JRWilko1977 New Member

Dec 7, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    I have two Cat 1 tickets to Match 61, which I would like to trade for two tickets to either Match 62 or Match 64 (I can also add some cash for Match 64). My travel schedule is as follows:

1 July - Salvador
    2-4 July - Fortaleza
    5/6 July - Brasilia
    6/7 July - Sao Paulo
    7/8 July - Belo Horizonte

12. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I haven't heard of anyone trying it. I'd advise against it and getting a cat 1-3 if possible. However if you have a cat 4 I'd put on a Brazil shirt and take my chances. They don't check names on tickets but may check nationality re cat 4s or at least try a few words in Portuguese to do a basic test.

Only stadium to me where cat 4s were located was in Recife for Croatia v Mexico. One block lower tier behind the goal Mexico attacked in the 2nd half was virtually all yellow. Otherwise it was mainly Mexico fans with locals and a few Croatians thrown in.

13. lucasc

lucasc Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Brazil
    Club:
    Vitoria Salvador
    They don't check. At all. They don't even look at it. My father got in using my Students discount ticket and they didn't even check that, much less nationality. By now, I think it's fair to say they're highly unlikely to stop you.

14. PetterBergstrom

PetterBergstrom New Member

Jun 30, 2014
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    OK! Thanks guys!

15. NHRef

NHRef Member+

Apr 7, 2004
    Southern NH
    I'd recommend against this, soley for the noise factor, it's going to be LOUD, to loud for a baby

16. vyvafc

vyvafc Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Is there any way to check seat locations of tickets I haven't collected yet?

17. prince6666

prince6666 Member

May 31, 2010
    Hamburg
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I have the following tickets. Only exchange tomorrow at GIG either at 10:30h (until 10:45h) or after 18:00h (until 20:30h):
    1×Cat. 1, match 59, The Netherlands vs. Costa Rica
    1xCat. 3, match 60, Argentina vs. Belgium
    1xCat. 1, match 61. Semi final, Belo Horizonte.
    At minimum for face value. If higher bidder there o.k.
    But exchange onky in person and only tomorrow 04.07. at GIG airport.
    My e-mail: prince66@web.de
    Thanks

18. Flying Nugget

Flying Nugget Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Ok guys. Buying a ticket from someone. What should I check to make sure its not a fake or scam?

19. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Try and have an old original ticket for comparison.

Try and get the story. If the person is shifty or suspicious then avoid.

You cannot tell re re-issued tickets. It is a risk.

Ideally buy the seat beside somebody and go in with them.

It is a risk buying on the secondary market. Seems to be some gangsters on this forum too.

I'd advise going to the stadium and waiting until the hour before kickoff. Sellers have to be careful or being arrested so no harm in reminding them of that too and it might help in getting them to accept your offer.

Some of the International sellers on here may be reluctant to risk spending time with the local police tonight so may be happy with any offers now rather than gamble on getting a higher price later. The Rio police take touting seriously and I think many on here deserve a free night's accommodation in Rio as a guest of the local police.

20. Flying Nugget

Flying Nugget Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Thanks mate!

21. gomelkiev

gomelkiev Member

May 11, 2007
    I am arriving to GIG 9am Sunday July 13.
    Can somebody confirm that I can get ticket printed in GIG?
    thanks

22. Ashan Rama

Ashan Rama Member

Feb 18, 2014
    Yes terminal 1 I believe

23. gomelkiev

gomelkiev Member

May 11, 2007
    thanks, but will the open on July 13?

24. punintended

punintended Member

Nov 8, 2011
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    What do you guys think tickets to the final will rise to if it ends up being Brazil vs. Argentina? $10k ?

25. JCJ1986

JCJ1986 Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

They wouldn't rise more than face value if desperate people wouldn't shell out ridiculous amounts of money for football tickets.