World Cup 2014 tickets: general discussion: NOT for trading or selling

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by bulle1, Apr 26, 2013.

1. edward991

edward991 New Member

Apr 30, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Ibought 10 match tickets using two FIFA accounts,but I don't know if they can let me collect all the tickets in FIFA venue ticketing centres.... Can anyone please give me an answer?

El_Bulla said:
    If you used the same credit card it might be an issue. If you used two different ones itshouldn't be an issue

Thanks, I purchased with two credit card but all under my name. I am a little bit worried they could take all the ticket back saying that I have violated the sales restrictions... It's a big problem...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need advice , please help!

2. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd be too paranoid that doing something like that would screw up the purchase and I'd lose the ticket! I couldn't believe I got this ticket and wasn't going to do anything to screw it up. I even felt nervous taking the screen shot even though obviously I know it wouldn't drop the purchase.

3. lapom

lapom New Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Another side of touting…

There are so many negative posts on the Internet regarding selling tickets at a higher price than their face value, so I decided to look at the issue from the other side and hopefully throw away some of the standardized stereotypes that are disadvantageously moralizing the issue.

1. FIFA’s selling system by default puts you all (internet users and especially specialized forum users) at a huge advantage over people that cannot spend certain number of hours monitoring the availability of tickets; over people that don’t have access to the Internet; over people that don’t know what the Internet is. So, unless those people are a part of FIFA’s privileged group (which I think is not that big), they are unfairly excluded from the process. Does it mean that they should have no opportunity to attend the games?

2. We live in an extremely unfair world, where anyone is fighting against anyone (call it capitalism or whatever). Whatever moral issues you may have, you still have to eat, wear clothes, support your family, etc. And there is no one to help you out. Whatever anyone says, we all need money to survive and having it means taking it from somebody else. Unfortunately, there is no other way in the world we live in today. Even professional touts (doesn’t matter if we like it or not) are just making money so they could go on.

3. Value is a very subjective and relative thing. Whatever value FIFA puts on those tickets has nothing to do with how each of us values them. Here are some examples:

a. You have a kid who dreams to see Neymar play. As his father, you are eager to pay whatever the price to make your son’s dream come true, but you were unable to buy the ticket. Let’s say the face value of the ticket (FIFA’s value) is $90. Somebody got very lucky and bought that ticket. However, that person values the ticket at a price that is lower than that of yours. That’s why by selling this ticket for, let’s say, $1000 he gets more than what he originally had. The same happens to you, since you were eager to pay much more than that. And everybody’s happy! Without the transaction, the dad would have been the saddest man on Earth and his kid’s heart would have been broken… and the seller wouldn’t have been that happy.

b. You were lucky to buy a ticket for Match 55, but you’d rather attend Match 17. You cannot find anybody who would make the exchange. What’s wrong with selling your ticket to Match 55 for $1000 and buying for the same price a ticket to Match 17? Is it sane that because of some morality I cannot attend the game that I want?

c. You are 3 best friends. But you were able to buy just 2 tickets. Your value the opportunity to watch the game together extremely high. You pray that somebody sells you a ticket. You are WILLING to pay a hefty price. Somebody else is WILLING to sell you the ticket for that price. Should morality make the transaction never to happen?

4. I cannot afford to pay $5000+ to go to Brazil, but I really want to. And I got really lucky – I’ve got tickets to high demand games. By selling those tickets I will receive the opportunity to arrange my transportation and housing in Brazil that will make my trip possible. The transaction will make the counterparty happy too. Should it not happen?

5. Our today’s life won’t be possible without division of labor. We are able to do the things we enjoy doing only because somebody else is making this happen by cooking, driving, inventing, teaching, etc. That’s why if I work as a cook, I help out many people to do other things by not wasting their time on cooking, including you that spend many hours online hunting for those tickets. In the end, you are saving cook’s time by buying the tickets and selling them to him at a negotiated price. Attention: you’re not paid to hunt for those tickets, but the cook is paid for his work. Just imagine for one second the whole world stops at a designated hour to go online and search for ticketsJ

6. You would attack so-called professional touts that are just trying to make money like all of us. However, you wouldn’t notice how the organization (that established the face value) is treating you. We are all treated like vagabond dogs that get a small piece of food whenever the man pleases. FIFA is making us spend countless hours in front of the computer waiting for that desired ticket (that may never show up) instead of arranging a certain hour and throwing out the whole batch to save us our valuable time. And we, like those dogs, keep on waiting day and night until that right piece of food shows up on the monitor…

All I want to say is that nothing is black and white. Just keep in mind that by shaming people (or by preventing them from executing the transaction in any other way) who try for whatever reason to sell their tickets above so called face value, you may destroy other people’s dreams and break their hearts. Many times, we attack others just because we want to do the same, but our values for whatever reason just won’t let us. Jealousy and hatred cannot do anything but harm…

Stu_Lee and NCCFBALL repped this.
  4. FenerEd

FenerEd Member

Feb 16, 2014
    Sydney, Australia
    Club:
    Fenerbahce SK
    lapom,

those people who do not have the luxury of spending time waiting for tickets to become available or who do not have internet access are forced to pay 5x normal ticket prices to attend the world cup, considering they don't have the internet usually means they are strapped for cash........so touts are effectively killing the dream of many by outpricing true football fans from attending the greatest sporting event in the world.

I agree that the system is flaud but your use of the system no doubt negatively affects others. Clearly you have made a profit and used that towards your trip and well done to you because you got what you wanted, but for every person that gets what they want there are 5 that didn't. This is life, I agree with you on that, but why do you think this occurs? because people are thinking selfishly.

People are willing to pay because they are passionate fans and will take a personal financial hit for the opportunity because they are desperate, but this is the case with everything. This is like going to Africa with food and charging $50 for a big mac? how is it any different, obviously someone will slave away for that big mac and be WILLING to pay it, but if you want to talk about morality and people unfairly being disadvantaged then you yourself are not helping.

Just because something is the way it is, doesn't mean you have to follow it. You make your own choices and you have chosen your own path and others may choose a different approach.

Touts can do as they please, the difference on these forums is that touts come on here advertise the tickets that people have been camping on the internet desperately for and get their hopes up to offer them at 5-10x their actual value. If we want touts on here we can make a special page for it I don't mind.

5. MattC

MattC Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Firstly, any person selling at above face value (whether a pro. tout or just a fan looking to pay for flights/accom.) can do so if they like on ebay/gumtree/another website rather than on here. I think its fair to say that BigSoccer is somewhat of a community, so we're trying to look out for each other and help out if we can WITHOUT making a big profit for our efforts.

Secondly, publicly shaming a tout on here won't prevent them from selling their tickets. They'll go to ebay/gumtree and sell it there instead. Its a massive stretch to say dreams are destroyed by not allowing touts on BigSoccer.

6. lapom

lapom New Member

Mar 12, 2014
    FenerEd, massi83

Nothing from my previous post did apply to me. I used "I" and "you" as forms of speech to show potential examples. I did not want to prove/justify anything. I could have written a similar post from the other side. However, the other side is prevalent everywhere. All I wanted to do is to show that nothing is either good or bad. There are always variations. Having said that, when we define what's "good" in advance and concentrate only on that, we will never see the other available variations on our way that could also be classified as "good". Again, I did not want to prove, justify or encourage anything. I just wanted to share some insights some of us couldn't have thought about. Please don't continue this discussion: due to its sensitivity it won't lead us far. Just take it as fyi:)... or delete if you wish. thank you.

7. Juan Vega

Juan Vega Member

Mar 14, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Is possible to make forum to post all tickets to buy or sell no matter the price? I am interested in 6 tickets for Finals, I don't care the price. If price is good, I buy, if too much for me, I say no. Very difficult with full-time traveling job to spend many hours on blog.

I buy 2 Final tickets already for $3000 each, I think it is fair price for me. $990 each ticket is better but I cannot run scanner more than 1 or 2 hours per day and it is big risk to plan trip and spend for hotel, and flight for 8 people for Final with no match ticket for 6 people. I call every connection I know, friend from school days, work people, anything to try get tickets. This is World Cup Final in Brasil, it is very special for all football fans.

I go to Brasil many time, all these people that think you buy tickets outside stadium is not true. Maybe for local match. For World Cup, too much security and they arrest you for trying to buy or sell ticket outside stadium. You spend 1 night in Brasilian jail next morning you not the same. Brasil not like South Africa, my friends in Brasil on the forum can talk more about this. If you don't buy ticket before you go, you waste many hours and big risk you don't find any ticket. Local Brasilian people very smart, they know all tricks to avoid trouble. Tourist people get in trouble when they try buy tickets. Trouble like jail, robbery with gun, knife, pickpocketing.

If we have page like Viagogo where people can list tickets, then I have nice chance to buy Final. I am sure many people have Final, but no one want to sell for Face Value so they don't post. But if someone give them 2x or 3x, maybe money more important to them than ticket.

8. jamfactoryken

jamfactoryken Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Exeter, England
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    I was gonna answer with a trite response. OK mate what games have you got? And how much do you want for them?

However, this garbled, meandering nonsense, that could have been written by a 15-year old libertarian demands more. Even though I am actually a little bit annoyed with myself that I have been goaded into this response.

At the heart of it is the lack of understanding of the co-operative movement that has forged so much fairtrade between communities around the world. I have nothing against competition, it (broadly) works. But it is not the only way to make things happen. I have obtained, with the exception of the final, tickets to all games that I want to attend, by trading, in my opinion, fairly in a co-operative way. Yes I have invested time, but not an excess of it. And I was lucky in the initial draw. As a consequence of this co-operative approach I have been offered an apartment in Rio, airport pick-up on arrival, help with hiring a car, offers of conviviality from people from around the World, and the prospect of making new friends. Get that from a purely financial transaction.

If there was no market touts would have no business and go away. I will not use them, and firmly believe that there are other ways to get the tickets that you want. This forum is a real testament to that alternative process.

But the thing that really made me angry was this "That’s why if I work as a cook, I help out many people to do other things by not wasting their time on cooking". Anybody that believes cooking, and the food produced therefrom, is a waste of time may, to be trite, know the cost of everything and the value of nothing. Cooking, breaking bread and sharing is at the centre of being human. If you don't understand that, then mate, you are lost.

9. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Cat 1 tickets are between the corner flags right up to the back of the stadium. A chunk are allocated to the general public. These are normally the worst ones ie up the back and in the corners. Neutral National Football Associations, Sponsors, FIFA execs also have an allocation for each game. Many of these get returned and sold in subsequent phases along with unsold phase 1 tickets. Hence if you buy now you are more likely to be getting a sponsor's return rather than a general public seat. Although still a cat 1 it is likely to be a much better seat.

Now the participating country also get cat 1s. these are normally beside the other allocation so normally an awful buy. I made that mistake in 2002 sitting in my Irish cat 1 seats when I could have used the 2nd ticket in friend's cat 3. Only slightly better seats in 2 games in Japan indeed worse in Yokohama. We did get great cat 1s in Suwon though. Keeping my ticket with my name on it as a souvenir was also a factor in my decision though. I took the cheapest Irish PMA tickets for Euro2012.

The neutral tickets for national football associations are much better though.

No guarantees, no hard and fast rules.

In South Africa we moved to better seats in most cases as there were normally free. No chance of that previously though.

10. MattC

MattC Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    If you want a page on here like viagogo, why not just go to viagogo?

11. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

As always I am thoroughly looking forward to drinks with you in Rio and I hope you bring the same Witt I've enjoyed with you on Skype and in this forum these last few months. If I had used all the contacts and resources and kept all the useful information to myself to ensure a cash profit as opposed to my cost neutral approach with so many of you on here. I would of sadly missed out on meeting so many new friends........Perhaps I have truly made a profit the one thats only measured in the memories of my mind in the years to come and I am truly richer for it.

Chris McCormack and MFKS78 repped this.
  12. whiskerxx

whiskerxx Member+

May 30, 2006
    :) Can't fault that blinding logic!

13. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Never read so much pretentious Twaddle. As for all these people with broken hearts that these touts are saving the World. Dear me.

14. ItZa

ItZa Member

Jan 18, 2008
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not sure if I can agree with this at all - look at the amount of tickets I have. Just so you know I'll be spending 15k-20k on this trip and don't plan to make a single profit of selling my spares. I Did not even attempt to buy extras to the list of games I have knowing I could have made a killing and reaped back some of the money that I have spent. Not everybody is trying to make money 'like the rest of us' - please speak for yourself and the many others that I'm sure are trying very very hard to make some coin but don't put me in this category.

This is a once in a lifetime trip, a dream I've had since I was 10, have been working hard straight out of uni for the past 5 years and this trip does not diminish the amount I have saved up at all - to falsely assume everyone here is trying to make money whatever the reason is simply not true.

BigSoccer is a community where you help others wherever you can. If you want to make money off people, piss off to viagogo or another 3rd party seller, don't bring it here. Nothing you say can justify making a profit off those that are associated with this community. This goes to the rest and everyone else trying to make a profit within this realm.

15. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OKAY FOLKS, WE ARE HERE TO TRADE TICKETS. WE ARE NOT HERE TO DEBATE TOUTING/SCALPING TICKETS.

This thread is here as a service to those among our regular users who might want to trade tickets. While I'm only in a position to skim the obvious touts/scalpers off the top and am not terribly interested in going after folks charging face value, the core purpose of the thread is a fair trade. If somebody wants to sell/buy tickets there are whole sites devoted to this.

If you think someone is a tout, use the report function. I will look at the evidence and make a decision. If you don't like the decision, you do NOT have the option of going after the other guy publicly.

I have neither the time, interest or energy to set up or moderate a thread devoted to selling tickets.

Thanks.

Stu_Lee and gil_206 repped this.
  16. FenerEd

FenerEd Member

Feb 16, 2014
    Sydney, Australia
    Club:
    Fenerbahce SK
    Now that's what I call a super moderator

Doesn't give a f*ck just goes red font on everyone

Miggy, Quemaaas, semi_vest and 9 others repped this.
  17. edward991

edward991 New Member

Apr 30, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

Hi, ItZa

Are you afraid of being rejected to enter the stadium, when you plan to attend above maximum 7 matches limit ?

18. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    People have a very strange idea of how FIFA operate. If you have the tickets then they are not going to stop people. This is not the secret police.

19. usaforthecup

usaforthecup Member

Apr 17, 2009
    Hey did you have any luck figuring this out? I put partial VST up for resale April 15 and it looks like it has locked up on me - sold one of the tickets, lists another Ticket to Resell with no option to Recover, and doesn't allow me to put another ticket up for resale. I think the policy is not to allow parts of the Applicant's VST to be sold but the website allowed it - just wondered if they have caught on and have adjusted it.

VSTs/TSTs: Ticket Purchasers who have purchased Venue Series Tickets (“VSTs”) or Team Specific Ticket Series (“TSTs”) may only submit the entire VSTs or TSTs series for a Ticket transfer (and not any parts thereof). For Ticket Purchasers who wish to bring different Guests to different matches, individual match Tickets may be applied for, and do allow for different Guests for different matches.

20. MoGunners

MoGunners Member

Nov 3, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    2 Switzerland Vs France Category 1 to go at face value plus shipping costs. I should have the tickets with me in the next couple weeks if FIFA ever gets around delivering. PM if interested. Cheers.

21. bull306

bull306 Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    I've been to every major tournament since 1990 and I've always seen tickets bought and sold outside of the stadium. It was the same at the Brazil-England friendly at the Maracana last year.

If they're cautious, buyers aren't taking much of a risk. Say there's two of you. One waits in a nearby cafe with the money while the other negotiates the price. Once the price is agreed take the seller to the cafe and do the deal there. If the seller doesn't want to go with you, well the chances are he was going to rip you off anyway.

The risk is for the seller. He/she runs the risk of being arrested or of having the tickets and/or money snatched. Example - at the Mexico-Angola game in Hannover in 2006 prices outside the stadium were crazy due to incredible demand from the Mexicans. I saw a US tout beaten up by several fans and his tickets and money taken from him, yards away from the police. The police didn't do anything despite having seen the whole thing. Guess they saw it as a form of street justice - rightly or wrongly.

It's fairly evident that tickets are becoming available for almost every game. FIFA will release more once the media and camera positions are fixed in the grounds and once they've had all the returns from national associations, sponsors etc. I expect that we'll see some pretty major releases - probably by venue - over the next few weeks and during the tournament itself. People holding large numbers of tickets right now (especially cat 1 tickets) know this and they are getting nervous as they see the bottom drop out of the market hence the kind of posts that are appearing more frequently on this forum recently.

I don't have any axe to grind here. The only tickets I now need are game 62 and the final. I am reasonably confident that I'll get game 62 before I go and if Brazil or Argentina are not in the final I'll be confident about getting the Final ticket during the tournament - for reference Final tickets were available at slightly over face for 2006 and 2010 on the day. In fact the only final I failed to get a ticket for was France-Brazil in 1998 where I simply didn't have the £500 they were going for - and the price was only that high because it was the host nation playing another team with a large support.

Hope this helps.

Ric_Braz, MattC, Pseudonym and 2 others repped this.
  22. ItZa

ItZa Member

Jan 18, 2008
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nope. Every single ticket I have is getting sent to me bar the Semi Finals. I think veteran World Cup travelers have stated they have attended more than the FIFA 7 match rule - I think one said he went to 20 matches previously?

23. clubamericalara

clubamericalara Member+

Jun 20, 2013
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Club:
    Club América
    so bad idea to try to find tickets to Brazil (host) vs. Mexico (high demand) outside the castelao? i am only going to fortaleza if i attend that match.

24. bull306

bull306 Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    I think that game will be tough. You could be fortunate and bump into someone that has a spare ticket and isn't so interested in making a profit. That happened to me in South Africa to see the host nation take on Uruguay when I was given a South African FA ticket for free.

But it is a case of being very lucky - most people looking to sell will want big prices for Brazil-Mexico. The best hope is in the 30 minutes before kick off if there's someone desperate to get into the ground with their own ticket and just wants to get rid of a spare. It does happen - people turn up to the stadium just in time for the game and want to go in straight away and not spend hours selling their mate's ticket.

The three games that look tough to me are Brazil-Mexico, Uruguay-England and Spain-Chile, in that order. Leaving aside the remaining Brazil and Argentina games I'd be surprised if tickets were not available for face or slightly above to almost everything else. (There will be an exception to that - it will likely be a game at a weekend involving one or more South American sides).

My experience has been that some of the group stage matches command higher prices because people are able to book holidays from work, flights, hotels etc knowing where and when their team is playing. That doesn't apply to the knockout stages where people only have a couple of days to make all of the arrangements and often are unable to. And half the teams and their fans have gone home. That's why tickets to the later stages become easier. Obviously if the final is Brazil-Argentina there's no chance of a cheap ticket - but tournaments rarely work out the way you expect.

25. lucasc

lucasc Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Brazil
    Club:
    Vitoria Salvador
    If you're willing to wait 'til a few minutes into the game, when touts get desperate and sell for whatever they can, you might get lucky. But that will only work if they were selling it way above face before, which is a big possibility

@jamfactoryken
    I wanted to rep you comment, but it won't let me... why can't I rep your comment?!?!

Miggy, ccvargas89 and bull306 repped this.