World Cup 1990 - worst offside call ever?

Dieses Thema im Forum 'FIFA and Tournaments' wurde von joebarnin gestartet, 2 Juni 2014.

1. joebarnin

joebarnin Member

3 Mai 2003
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Okay, it was the third place match, and okay, Italy won anyway. But really...

Bosnian Diamond, Unico10 und 00Kevin gefällt dies.
  2. 00Kevin

00Kevin Member+

13 Juni 2006
    SoCal
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow that is really bad

3. PremierUSA

PremierUSA Member

2 September 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I still remember that call. It was my first WC that I really watched. I think I caught some 86 WC; but I don't really count that.

4. Slotback

Slotback Member

19 Juni 2004
    Absolutely brutal call. But I think that was also a tournament where refs were also linesmen too.

5. GoTrainAvenger

GoTrainAvenger New Member

7 Juni 2014
    Toronto, ON
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wow, I had completely forgotten this one.
    This is the first tournament I vividly remember watching, and I have fond memories of it, but there was a lot of negative play, poor officiating and brutal tackles at Italia 90

6. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

9 August 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    We kinda brush it off because it was the third place match but I'm sure the goalscorer would want that goal under his name for the history books.

7. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    25 November 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    God, this is the thing I absolutely hate about the WC... no video replays means referees have so much say in the end result.... watching a review of the 2010 wc and some of the red cards handed out in the early games were really, really weak ... as a neutral fan (well I'm a US fan, but ya know what I mean, when it comes to the latter stages) really what I want to see more than anything is just the best team to win, with as little influence by the referees as possible with calls like this...

8. bylbyl

bylbyl Member

13 Mai 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    #8 bylbyl, 12 Juni 2014
    Last edited: 12 Juni 2014
    i remember belgium was robbed by the linesman on two offsides decisons in the semi-final against argentina in 1986.

two times flagged offside in the first when it was never offside, when still scoreless.

around 1:10 and 1:40

Figo Rules 2000 und GoTrainAvenger gefällt dies.
  9. GoTrainAvenger

GoTrainAvenger New Member

7 Juni 2014
    Toronto, ON
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The one at 1:40 is extremely close, and although I'd give the benefit of the doubt to the attacker I can understand why the linesman flagged for offside. The one at 1:10 is absolutely ridiculous. Just a terrible call.

10. bylbyl

bylbyl Member

13 Mai 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    2nd is absolute onside
    just pause the vid like here
    http://prntscr.com/3tn8zp

11. King Creole

King Creole Member

25 Juni 2014
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    If I remember that third-place game, Roberto Baggio was blatantly offside on the first goal of the game.

12. Renato Goulart

Flamengo
    Brazil
    25 Juni 2014
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The Italy one was horrible. The first one in the Belgium game also really bad, the second one made me question whether in 1986 the rule allowed for players to be in the same line as the defender or not. This was a rule change from the modern era.

Die Seite empfehlen