News: Woody’s Roundup - The Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Feb 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Koulibaly isn't worth over 100. Napoli have enough money to turn us down and if they play hardball and ask for more we need to turn elsewhere.

What we should do is find out what Barca are offering for De Ligt and best it by 10 mil or so. Worst case is he says he only wants to play at Barca and because of our bid Ajax makes Barca up their offer.

I see no reason why one of De Ligt, Koulibaly, Varane, or Skriniar aren't getable this summer.

United 16 repped this.
  2. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It can argued that none of those of those guys are easy gets for one reason or another. Just circumstances really, not because we don't have the (financial) capabilities of getting them.
    Koulibaly would appear the easiest, but at the same token if Napoli are going to play hardball and ask way over the odds for him, should we go for it? I'm all for paying big money for him (100mil Pounds max) because he's a top notch defender, but he is 28 also and it's something to keep in consideration and would go elsewhere if Napoli refuse to budge.
    Varane has a 500mil release clause and Real surely don't want to sell. Unless Varane himself comes out and claims that he's done at Real and wants to leave (which remains to be seen at this juncture), Varane is still a longshot at best.
    De Ligt has made it clear that it's Barca or bust and with Raiola as his agent, you know he'll do everything to make that happen for him. Bayern, who are interested in him, appear to be pretty much resigned they'll miss out on him. Barca themselves are said to be ready to sell Umtiti to insure they can make this move happen. Offering more money to Ajax may have some effect, but the player has to want to come also and that may be the issue with de Ligt.
    Skriniar, I believe, has just signed a new contract with Inter. He was ready to leave but apparently his preference was always to remain at the club because he's happy there. And having put pen to paper on a new deal, it's hard to see him wanting to leave (or Inter willing to sell for that matter).
    Of course, all those possibilities are worth exploring and even given them a real go. We should be able to gauge pretty quickly if it's worth putting in time and effort in pursuing them, but if not, best to move on to other possible targets and not waste time on lost/futile causes either...

3. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What about manolas? Wasn't he linked with us?

4. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Manolas and Alderweireld, at this time, would appear like the 2 CBs we have very good chances at getting. Both have release clauses, which makes any deals pretty straightforward and both appear to be ready to leave their respective clubs.
    Those 2 are really the most gettable ones of the current crop of CBs we have been linked with.

5. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Manolas is Lindelof level. Not to say he's not good but we need a premier, top level CB. We shouldn't be aiming for pretty good players unless we want to be a pretty good club. That's the kind of shit Arsenal does.

incighte repped this.
  6. incighte

incighte Red Card

May 1, 2016
    I get the feeling that we take the 'stop gap' route and buy Alderweireld.

We need to leverage Pogba to get Varane, if the rumors of Varane wanting to leave are true.

7. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Manolas is on slow end .. Alderweireld is league proven atleast ..

8. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can live with Alderweireld if one of the top 4 is out of our reach. He's a very short term solution but he's quality and at just 25mil, it's something we could do, even if it was just for a year, when we'd have another crack at a younger top level talent.
    Bottom line is: Alderweireld would instantly become our best CB and a good compliment to Lindelöf. You don't pass on that, if other options fall thru. He makes the team and the backline better: that's what we want and need.

9. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    We can do better than Koulibaly.

10. coelho

coelho Member

May 12, 2016
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Here's what I would do. With all of the speculation regarding Portuguese players which I am very up to date on and knowledgeable, I would go all in on Bruno Fernandes, Joao Felix and Ruben Dias. There have been a lot of "The next Ronaldo's" in Portugal, but this guy is different, he is special, he reads and processes the game so well like Ronaldo, always seems to be in the right position at the right him, he is a legit superstar in the making.

Bruno who just beat Frank Lampards record of most goals in a season by a midfielder, is a world class midfielder. The thing about him is he's not your typical attacking mid, he is a very good midfielder defensively as well, plays hard, tackles very well, aggressive, hes got all the attributes of a box to box but with the amazing goal scoring and he is beautiful passer of the ball. Also Sporting never seems to get full value for their players so if you can land him for 50 to 60 million it would be amazing.

Ruben Dias is a rock steady CB, still only 21 yet has the composure of a veteran, in my opinion he is the best young centreback in terms of readiness to step right in. I think he will be a world class CB and he may be right now, he looks that way for Benfica and Portugal but we will only know when he moves to a bigger club.

I would also make a move for Ruben Neves if possible, I love box to box mids who are able and willing to shoot from distance.

benni... repped this.
  11. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Are you from Europe ??

12. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why Nicolas Pepe would be an excellent target for us.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...pepe-sent-europes-top-clubs-weak-at-the-knees

Really started paying close attention to him in recent weeks and it's really hard not to be excited by him, especially considering what we need in terms of a dynamic right sided player. Lots of potential option on the market for the RW/RWF spot, but Sancho and Pepe are 1 and 1a, as far as I'm concerned.

13. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    We need to start negotiation asap we cant be chasing Samcho all season and end up buying panic player at the last hour .. We have to play really really smartly in summer..

jeff070 repped this.
  14. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
  15. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    We have burned our hands in past buying from bayern. So I hope we stay away.

17. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  18. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    If you read the DiMarzio report he is just one of alternative.

19. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #619 Ashur, Apr 20, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    Meunier is the veteran choice we need to pursue at RB, if he's inclined to move (which he might be given his lack of PT and the fact he is a self confessed United fan).
    It's open and shut: better player than Trippier and would cost far less to boot.

Anonymous_United repped this.
  20. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Meunier is my choice as well. Good quality, cheap, has already peaked so won't limit Dalot. He's perfect for what we need.

Gilma1990 repped this.
  21. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    People need to realise that the big clearout isn't to make room for lots of new signings, its so Ed can afford to pay Sanchez contract until 2022 and the long contract renewals for Jones (2023), Rojo (2021/22), Smalling (2022/23) ...

22. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Until we get rid of Woody as the DOF, this thread doesn't matter. He's the only constant through the failures post SAF. If he stays in charge, nothing will change.

Anonymous_United and JC7rox repped this.
  23. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  24. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Still no. It would stand in the way of us signing a long term RW like Sancho.

25. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Guardian suggesting it could be a 5m loan deal.