Women`s Friendly International Matches 2011 [R]

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by mcruic, Jan 4, 2011.

1. usa3por2ft

usa3por2ft Member

Oct 15, 2002
    in exile
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    12 October

In a match not suspended because of boorish fans, host Cote d'Ivoire trounced Senegal 6-0. All the goals were scored in the second half.

Goalscorers:

Jeanne Gnago 51', 89' Ines Tia 54' Estelle Nahi 69', 86' Amon Elloh 84'

2. usa3por2ft

usa3por2ft Member

Oct 15, 2002
    in exile
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    14 October

Cote d'Ivoire 2:1 Senegal

Cote d'Ivoire secured the victory with a Jeanne Gnago penalty in second-half stoppage time.

3. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    13.10 South Africa 1-0 Zimbabwe
    16.10 South Africa 1-1 Zimbabwe

Today (18.10) - DR Congo v Cameroon

South Africa also going to Cameroon tomorrow for a training camp before the CAN finals - possibility of a friendly match against Cameroon while there.

4. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    DR Congo 0-0 Cameroon (18th October)

5. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    I looked at the thread title and was wondering why folks were talking about last year's frienlies....

It might be a lesson in thread title selection.

6. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    france england tonight. should be interesting for more than the usual reasons.

7. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    The thread title started correctly, and then people just kept posting in this thread as the new year rolled over. I thought about making some snarky comment back in March, but was just lazy. ^.^;

8. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  9. usa3por2ft

usa3por2ft Member

Oct 15, 2002
    in exile
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ... though Delie could not score until Thomis arrived on the pitch!

10. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    :rolleyes:

Take Delie off the pitch for a year and see what happens to that team. Yeah, they'll make 12 beautiful passes in a build up, but Thomis and Le Sommer aren't exactly world class anything.

Get her a REAL running mate like Horse has with Fullbach, or they won't see a Bronze in a major tournament anytime soon.

11. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    If they keep spotting teams two goals they won't see gold..

They are not the USA :)

12. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Exactly, they don't have hand balls and make tackles in the box but still get a Gold. Only the USA could pull that one off in a major tournament.

13. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

More to the point, France just rushes everyone forward to look impressive in the midfield and forget defense. They don't make tackles at all, merely chase from behind.

14. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    a good first 20 minutes, which corresponded to the 20 minutes soubeyrand can put in the effort to play at this level. as soon as she faded france at 10 no longer looked very good.

the french commentator (delperier*) kept talking about the new 4-4-2 formation perhaps unsettling les bleues... although the lineup looked exactly like what we've seen over and over it's true thiney was all over the field instead of where we've come to expect so maybe there was some new tactic in place... and it looked very haphazard.

meilleroux a disinterested bystander on england's second, bouhaddi with her regulation one bonehead play that brought their first. boulleau decent and georges solid once again. franco mixing up the very good and, let us say, hard to rationalize as always; at least one can't say she lacks cheek. abily got in one great tackle early but very little seen after that; nécib with great work between the lines but with no solutions presented to her it didn't come to much** ELS with a few good moves but mostly invisible, thiney the same except for the few good moves, MLD with a couple of stupid shots in the period where france was dominating, and once france was down by two she was forced into a pivot role she didn't do well at. but her two goals required more than just luck: the first one is the work of a real boxfox; the second she was very lucky on but, as for the one she scored against PSG, even if she had le cul bordé de nouilles that it actually went in, it was basically what she was trying to do. and even if those were only two things she did right all night, they saved france from a monstrous humiliation.

*besides his tendancy to shriek and the inability to distinguish what's important from what's not which he shares with most french announcers, he is technically the worst in the business : misidentifies players constantly ("allez camille! allez!" when it's ELS who has the ball) and seems to have no idea of the rules of the game ("offsides by her arm").

** she may still have been D8's WOTM: she has such a flock of phone-in groupies she generally wins that no matter how she plays.

15. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The France~England was an intense match , entertaining but full of silly mistakes not only by the player but by the coaches too.
    We were near a resounding defeat thank god Delie and Hope Powell saved us, Marie~Laure once again demonstrate how lethal she is , you make one mistake and she is there to punished you without mercy.......A constant threat for a suicidal team as England is....
    Thank to Hope Powell because she didn't understood how this victory would have been essential for the growth of her team and most important how to manage to win........In understanding a game she is very very poor.....
    France was average as usual against a team who is ready to physically battle us , good first half specially the first 30 minutes , then when Houghton scored our team just get lost . Poor passes, No ideas, Elementary mistakes , France get disjointed too easily , our luck was that England didn't applied a counter attack tactic....instead by all these inappropiate changes Powell weakening her team. Is clear now that France will miss a lot Bompastor fighting spirit and winning mentality.....thanks Bruno:mad:....

16. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    My players evaluation .
    FRANCE .
    Bouhaddi , one silly mistake per match which cost us a goal......as usual
    Petit , some good run but suffer Aluko's speed and made some elementary technical mistakes.
    Meilleuroux, she is just not good enough to be in france starting eleven....an very average player
    Georges , Monstrous physically if she wasn't there England could have scored more.
    Boulleau , good going forward but in trouble when England attack in her side.
    Soubeyrand , as said before she can run only for 20 minutes not one more.....
    Abily , she is our best player and must play in her best role , otherwise like yesterday she is pretty average.
    Necib , once again ,as usual , she was absent when the team need her the most....ghost on a pitch.
    Thniney , very poor I didn't notice she was playing
    Le Sommer, same as Louisa .
    Delie, 42 goals in 50 matchs for the national team , Marie~Laure is the definition of goal machine.Always present when you need her.
    Thomis , a good duel against Houghton , she showed what she is capable to do....go fast.
    Catala , she took Bompastor number 8 :mad:........direspectful young girl!

ENGLAND
    Bardsley ,made some great saves ,definetly Engaldn best GK ...by far....
    A.Scott, WOTM ,outstanding performance, going forward and defending she is a top top player
    Stoney , display a very good performance , she is not a top quality defender but she is a good leader .
    Bradley , same as Stoney not a top defender but play with heart and passion.
    Houghton , second WOTM , physically she is a beast , pace and power with good technical abilities...especially for FK ...she played LB even if she is right footed so I am not sure is her best role.
    Asante , great game too , she is the best English midfielder by far.....the only who knows how to stop a player.
    J.Scott, if there was a sport called headball Jill would have been the best player for sure, unofrtunatly for her if ou play at football you must use your feet......and she is not so good at using them...by the way a great goal yesterday.
    Carney , is crazy the involution of this player , soem years ago she looked like the new Kelly Smith...... now you wonder what she is doing on a football pitch....
    Aluko , the English version of Thomis, a speedster with a poor end product sometimes.
    Yankey , a decent game nothing a particular to note
    White, certainly an hard~worker but the job of a CF is to score and you could do it only by shooting on goal....things that White never do .....
    F.Williams, was very very poor yesterday , she involved a lot .I don't think she got her place with the lionesses anymore.
    Duggan , I was curious to see her play and I was impressed by her , she plays fiercely, greedy to score as a forward should be ...even though her approach made cost her a big mistake I think she had a very good impact on the match
    Bassett, she made a silly mistake which cost England the game , she was not aware of the position of the ball and Delie .......is to serious to be true
    Chamberlain , certainly not a good GK

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    When it comes to finding clever spaces to link the play between mid-field and attack, I haven't seen many female players as good as Necib. Yeah, Abily can play that role too, but with the right CM partner, her new role could also help France form another one of the most ridiculously slick mid-field diamonds the women's game has seen in a very long time too.

In the mould of the best English styled mid-fielders from the men's team, for me J.Scott has always been a highly impressive two way player for England. Yeah Asante looks good as the teams 5th defender, but Scott puts in a amazing amount of work supporting the forwards with well timed late runs into the opponents box, still showing the discipline to also get back to help out on important defensive duties too.

White basically plays up top on her own for England, and the resulting intelligent work she does often goes unnoticed because of it. So within a goal shy team, I don't see what more she can really do.

18. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i agree with everything except :

- there was more wrong with abily than her role, she was as poor as i've ever seen her.

- nécib did as well as one can expect when no one offers her solutions,

- MLD did get her two goals but she also chewed up the 25 minutes france dominated almost all by herself. stealing the ball from the kepper and scoring on a chandelle shouldn't mask the fact that besides those two moments she was pretty awful.

19. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    what i can't get past is that she plays an intentionally dirty game. i don't like that in men and certainly can't stand it in women.

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Really...? England play tough, but I never thought of J.Scott's utilising enforcer like tendencies.

Her gangly telescopic limbed Renard look can be a bit....hmmm deceptive towards her over all skill set, but I can't honestly remember a scenario where I thought she had been intentionally dirty either.

21. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    :ROFLMAO:

Actually, picking pockets is another good aspect of her game. Teams sit on her defensively and give the game to Thomis, Le Sommer and that Golden mid-field, only for them to come up null, as usual. The pre-Olympic match against japan was a good example. She ran circles around Japanese defenders. But France gave Japan on-the-spot footage of her 2 weeks before the Olympics. What happen? Japan took her away, and gave the game to the other girls, and France failed.

Delie is easily one of the top 3 forwards in the world, but top teams can turn her into a ghost like Germany did Horse yesterday, except she has a World Class running mate, who can clean up, if she is off frame, so it's 1:1 v. German instead of a German win, which would have happen, if that game was Germany v. France.

Brasil loves Delie. She could join Press on the NT, if France doesn't want her. :ROFLMAO:

[​IMG]

22. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    @ Newsouth , I agree with most you say ,what is crazy is the fact that many french fans still criticized Marie~Laure because for them she miss too many opportunity....I mean , she is our only forward able to score against ANY defense......Germany,Japan,USA,England or Cyprus is the same thing for Delie she always find a way to score .
    Thomis is more a winger ,is not really her role to score ,however,Lesommer has involved significantly for sure.

23. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    @ Batfink and Guignol , in our system 4 3 1 2 Necib is expected to be THE leader....so instead of others giving her solutions is Louisa who should offer them.....thing that as usual she didn't make.

24. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Where was Wendie? Is she injured?

25. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    as i've said, she often looks better on the pitch than her actual game, was completely MIA in the olympics, but she is france's miss swiss, marketable girl like morgan.