Wolves vs Liverpool FC - FA Cup - Jan 7 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, Dec 17, 2018.

1. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Yes.

You're telling me that Portsmouth would swap their win a decade ago for that??

Yes

---------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------
    Well, I checked with the only Portsmouth fan I know, and he disagrees with you. given the reality of Portsmouth FC and their finances, winning the FA Cup was a dream fulfilled.

Being able to compete without embarrassment in europe is a non-starter for most clubs.... If I were a fan of fulham or portsmouth I know which dream I would dream more often ....

2. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Seeing the 5th round draw, that could possibly include as little as 5 PL teams (out of 16), kind of upsets me.
    The trophy is begging to be won and it's a shame we still aren't in the mix.
    An even bigger shame that the mid-table PL clubs all mailed it in (besides Wolves) and aren't in the running.

3. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    true - but this year seems to be the year where it makes sense not to be too upset. we hit a pretty hard injury crisis in december and early january - and eyes on the bigger prize(s) indicates to me that we have the ability this season to only go for the two main competitions.

4. bayred

bayred Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    May 28, 2018
    Could also be argued the loss was due more to disappointing player performance than team selection. Klopp rotated but he certainly wasn't mailing it in here.

burning247 repped this.