Wolves vs Liverpool FC - FA Cup - Jan 7 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, Dec 17, 2018.

1. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh man! Sahqueezy just misses a free kick

2. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The City game gave us bad juju!

3. ewibe

ewibe Member+

Jun 4, 2015
    Stavanger
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hoever has made some mistakes but at his age making his debut at cb against good opposition I'm impressed.

newterp repped this.
  4. oikos

oikos Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Glastonbury, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Especially considering he's playing with an inexperienced centre-back. Imagine if he was playing with Virgil

5. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn - we really are pressing for the equalizer - not having the luck

6. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Dang...

0-2 in 2019...not a good start to the New Year...

7. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well, that always seemed to be on. Just too many poor performances from players who ought to be doing better.

8. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It is possible that Klopp purposely want to drop out of the FA Cup, so he can have more concentration on win the league? Perhaps that why he chose who he chose and use the tactics use today. I think Kloop want to give his full attention to the league.

On the bright side of lost the match today. Let look at City, they will have FA Cup continuing (since City win 7-0 yesterday), Carabao Cup coming up 1/9 for them, and domestic league, AND Champions league. That is a sh-i-t load of matches for them, pack on Jan-Feb.
    Look at it as City will drop points on league, and Liverpool will WIN it. I just can't see how City going to make it out of ALL those games coming up for them.

9. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    ahh bollocks..... fvck that....

Serengeti_Boy and usscouse repped this.
  10. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

they can win their champions league tie with their eyes closed.....

LorneMarvello repped this.
  11. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Lol at you if we don't get 3 points at Brighton it's officially a rut and City's b team can piss on most of those teams in the cups.

12. bayern is god

bayern is god Member+

May 26, 2007
    india
    Someone (Curtis Jones??) played a terrible cross field give away close to their penalty box which had me screaming at the tele and duly they worked it to Neves who hit that Screamer.

Klopp looked mightily pleased to bow out of the FA Cup early Again.

If We are to Win any Trophies this Season its gotta be 1 or 2 of the BIG ONES:ninja::cool:

YNWA

13. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I REALLY just can't wrap my head around how can Liverpool can lost anymore points in the league. They already got hard teams out of the way, City is done, they not have to worry about City again until next season.
    I dunno, both my head and my heart just can't see how Liverpool lose anymore points.

I like watching Liverpool, they are the reason why I watch the premier league, they are why make me like 'attacking' football (as you know us Italy are well known for defending, or park the bus like Mourinho) lol.

I really think Liverpool WILL win Brighton, easy win too.
    I think Klopp just rest his players, and perhaps purposely crash out of the FA Cup so he can put his full attention on win the league trophy. I mean I'm not Klopp so I don't know what he thinking, but it possible you know.

Good luck Liverpool, may this year be your year, you deserve it, and long wait too, it time.

14. ewibe

ewibe Member+

Jun 4, 2015
    Stavanger
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The good was the performance of the youngsters Camacho and hoever especially.
    The bad was the veterans with highlight on Milner and Moreno for giving away that first goal.

15. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Like what PP said, I really want Klopp to stay in the FA Cup, so young players can get their chance to start and get the experience in playing on the big stage, as it good practice for them you know. I was rooting for Liverpool to win, not crash out of both domestic cups.

oh well.

Wolves is not an easy team, and City facing them next in league, yeah, if I was City I would watch today game and hopefully learn something from Liverpool, or else City probably lost again Wolves too.

16. bayred

bayred Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    May 28, 2018
    The first goal was more on Fab imo, doing his worst Lovren imitation - getting turned then trying a sliding save which he missed, leaving him on his arse and out of the play completely. Moreno did cause the emergency with a dumb pass. Which brings up the big questions - when is Gomez back, how long is Lovren going to be out? The kids did great I thought. Time to get back on track.

17. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I understand this was necessary evil but it doesn't make it any easier to swallow. Our squad depth, maybe, isn't what people think. Moreno can't go soon enough.

We damn well better get back to winning ways on Saturday.

18. ewibe

ewibe Member+

Jun 4, 2015
    Stavanger
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'd be OK with hoever and vvd in defence until gomez is back

19. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I was actually disappointed by Sturridge, Shaqiri (certainly in the first 60 minutes) and Keita. The youngsters played reasonably well but were not helped by the senior players largely being drains.

Let’s not make this a habit.

20. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    When origi (?spelling) score the equalizer for Liverpool, Klopp didn't jump up and down to celebrate, his reactions didn't seem excited or super happy. Perhaps Klopp secretly does want the team to crash out of the FA Cup.

I mean I was super happy when Liverpool get the equalizer, I thought Klopp would be happier than me, but he just look normal, not super excited or anything.

21. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    the worst result for us tonight would have been a draw.

anyhow if we get a solid no-sweat win on Saturday this game will be completely forgotten.

It took a while for the yoots to settle but:
    Hoever will be a great player by the looks of it.
    Camacho showed great potential
    Jones not quite as good but as someone said, the experienced players didn't do great either.

22. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    any word about Lovren's injury ??

23. Fussballer

Fussballer Member+

Liverpool FC
    Sep 18, 2002
    In my head
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Fine, we'll let Citeh win the FA & Careless Cup while we take the EPL & CL Titles! Klopp's masterplan.

CB-West repped this.
  24. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Ho hum.

Not overly bothered and pretty much what I expected given the line up.

25. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I thought Klopp may have gone stronger today especially in def given the quality of Wolves . It was a risk using such a weakened line up and we've paid for it with a second loss in a week which is a scenario I defo hoped not to see . No doubt we'll see all kinds of media stuff on how Lpool are cracking under the pressure .

The team today lacked any cohesion or understanding and looked like exactly what they were , 11 guys who have never played together . It was so disappointing that far too many players failed to put in a decent shift . I thought only Fab , Camacho and young Hoever earned their pay today . I expect our backups to perform at a higher level than this , even Milner and Shaq looked off . Fab did ok and may have to reprise again at cb if Lovren is injured , Camacho could well be Trent's understudy at rb for the rest of the season. Hoever showed plenty of reasons why he's rated so highly .

I'm a bit concerned that Keita continues to look erratic and inconsistent, makes some nice passes then disappears . I think we need replacements for Studge , Moreno and Origi .

Hopefully we get back to our winning ways v Brighton this weekend.

Suss repped this.