WNT vs Japan Ticket Sales?

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by SDFAN, Jan 10, 2003.

1. SDFAN

SDFAN New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Cypress California
    Anyone know if the game is a sell-out?

2. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    It better be. If it isn't now it should be a sellout by the time this match rolls around. Looks like the team is making the obligatory media appearances...

http://www.ussoccer.com/news/fullstory.sps?iNewsid=26235&itype=

3. Say What

Say What New Member

Jul 10, 2001
    San Diego
    According to this morning's NC Times, there are about 3,000 tickets left.

4. empennage

empennage Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    Wow, in a 7,000 seat stadium that's pretty bad. Although I'm partially to blame because I'm not going. I'll watch it on TV(maybe), but I'm not gonna pay $20 a ticket to watch the US easily dispatch a second rate team. Perhaps if it was cheaper I would think about going.

5. piper

piper New Member

$20 is expensive? People complain about paying $50 to see them play, and now $20?

Gosh, if I could afford it I'd fly my butt down there and go. That'd easily be over $200.

I don't really think it matters how much we beat them by, support is support. And actually the last time we played them it was a 1-1 tie.

6. empennage

empennage Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    :rolleyes:

$20 is very expensive to see very low quality soccer. Would you pay $20 to see the boys U-17 national team play a game? I know I certainly wouldn't. As the title under my name says, I'm unemployed. So yes, $20 is expensive.

7. *Crazy_Chastain*

*Crazy_Chastain* New Member

Mar 19, 2000
    Florida
    Carla's last game in a USA jersey! :(

I think 20 bucks is pretty inexpensive to see these girls play....and I don't exactly have money rolling in either. But if they were 3 hours or less away from me (such as when they play in Charleston) I would somehow scrounge up $20 to go...its really not that much.

8. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    I flew down for that game. It ended up being a 1-1 draw and the crowd at The BOB was EXTREMELY QUIET. Way to go USWNT Phoenix fans!!!! You made me proud that day!!!