Winter Transfer Thread ** Vietato Fumare **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Oct 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I look forward to him signing in MLS.

2. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    He is hopeless.

Java65 repped this.
  3. Lameelaa

Lameelaa Member

Mar 3, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Offer him back to hellas

4. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering Perotti's age and durability, you'd have to entertain offers for him.

whill4 repped this.
  6. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's only 28 or 29 isn't he? I think the issue with both Perotti and SES this year is the change in formation. Both of those guys are ideal for the false-9 where there is a lot of give-and-gos and interchanging of positions. In the current formation Perotti's best position is as an AM but with Ninja playing there there's no room.

In this formation I wouldn't mind seeing SES play the ST position. He's got amazing technical skill and he has the sense of where the goal is. I think he's be better as a ST in this formation.

romanista8910 repped this.
  7. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have no gripes with his play. His play passes the eyeball test and, statistically, he's been as good as ever.

He's 28 with a long history of injuries. Unless there's some information the club has about his injury history that's been kept secret from the world, I think it's a sell high scenario. If he were 24, I'd say sell under no circumstances.

SES is whatever. There's only so many goals and minutes to go around, and the people ahead of him have been producing.

8. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #1058 Vulpinous, Feb 21, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    There are better options out there than Perotti but selling him means you seriously need another architect. Right now the team has been blessed with Dzeko's form but without that we'd be crying for more creation.

DeGiulio repped this.
  9. kevs7

kevs7 Member

Jul 31, 2016
    Club:
    AS Roma
    After Perotti's last injury, he was supposed to be available after the Torino game.

The Villarreal game seems like the perfect opportunity to get him going again.

10. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    :confused:
    I doubt you can find a player even half as good as Perotti for what we paid for him.

11. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm not saying he wasn't a great bargain.

12. tmontana52

tmontana52 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Philly- the 215
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I don't think he starts even when healthy... Who's spot could he fill? Only one I could think of is Ninja, and well, yeah... ya know, he's not getting benched for anyone.

13. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With Pellegrini playing so well, I'd entertain a bid. Especially if that money went to locking down someone like Kessie.

romanista8910 repped this.
  14. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think the must-be deal is to sell Paredes for 20-25 and bring Pellegrini back for half.

€10m to the head. I can't imagine what other pieces they're going to move in the summer, but unless the ownership shows the will to win then Signore Spalletti will be sayonara.

15. JoãozinhoFutebol

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    There's an old Chinese proverb that relates to this our constant battle of player evaluation:

"There may be a more beautiful flower on the other pasture, but it doesn't matter because Monchi can find a fckton of better players for half the price"

ErPupone repped this.
  16. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Didn't get your tag.. I doubt we will be selling, it would be a big mistake to change this squad. Perotti has been a huge part of this season as well and is needed just as much as ever. He had been injured and the team has been in a good run of form so he gets the bench for now. Nothing unusual about the situation.

shiboboo repped this.
  17. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Who's spot could Perotti fill? The guy who has made an incredible difference to us and can play in a number of formations, positions has his spot in this team. Strootman and ninja may very well be playing much more together as a pair new year again.

18. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Name them? Who is a better all-rounder than Perotti? Are you going to name some of the biggest names in the world or more likely give us a laugh and mention Sansone.. Few players have his mix of skills. He has been for the most part of his spell world class for us, not bad for gervinho 2.0, the average winger from Genoa :devilish:

Haakon24 repped this.
  19. shiboboo

shiboboo Member+

Nov 13, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I have to say that while I thought Perotti was a decent signing, he has really impressed. He's played like what I would expect from a 30-40 million euro signing. He's pure class without being overly selfish. His one let down is his finishing is not up the level of the rest of his play.

La Magica repped this.
  20. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wasn't a major fan when we signed him, I wasn't against him, I was, meh.... He's won me over. For the price I don't think we'll get anybody as good. He can play AM, on the wing and in the false-9 so he gives us tactical flexibility.

His defensive work has really improved this year (which I think doesn't get noticed) so you are seeing him drop further back to get the ball and impacting his offensive output. That along with the change in formation and Ninja become one of the best MF in Europe this year has knocked him out of the starting 11 but there are more than enough matches for him play and you eventually have to rest; Dzeko, Salah and Ninja.

Unless they get a crazy offer for him they need to keep him. In fact keep the entire squad intact, including and most importantly Spalletti.

Haakon24 and romanista8910 repped this.
  21. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Up until his recent run of slight injuries he was a starting player. He may well be again because he's that good for us.
    The point is the squad have options and can freshen things up which is great for us to have that strong alternatives in setup. I think to believe he's lost his place is short sighted. He is a key component and may well be back in the starting line up again in a few weeks. Ninja was always one of the best mids in Europe, his form is just on another level or 2 now though..

shiboboo repped this.
  22. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    4-3-3 Perrotti is an automatic starter, in 3-5-2 he competes with Salah and Ninja for a spot. He is still very important to the team and gives LS a lot of flexibility, but if a 25M+ bid arrives then I can see them entertain it.

shiboboo and Java65 repped this.
  23. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Perotti said he wants to respect his contract for the remaining two years and then head home to Boca.

I was looking at his stats today and he has better statistics when playing false nine. He's a useful player and I would keep him because I know any realistic transfer for him isn't going to replace him with a player of better quality.

24. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  25. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not unless Roma somehow get an extra 50mil to spend. :)