Winter is Coming... The January Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Sep 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    We can't cut ties with Raiola, that would be incredibly stupid. Not all players are the same remember, and Raiola's influence won't always drive a player to leave, case in point Pavel Nedved. The guy not only spent the prime of his career at Juve, but also won a balon d'or and retired here now becoming Vice president.

You have to take the good with the bad, and this guy represents and will continue to represent top world talents, and Marotta and co know this

usnroach and gumbacicc repped this.
  2. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair enough but that is really just one example of an exceptional person. My point is I rather keep our talent like the successful teams (Barcelona) and not be a pit stop for people to make money. Otherwise just like those teams i mentioned we will never bounce to the next level. Sure we'll make money and Juve would be happy but as fans, there will be lots of dissatisfactions and what ifs. Raiola aint the ONLY guy that can find talent, there are plenty others around. Whats the point of developing a Pogba and he leaves right when it gets good and a time to win something? It just ruins our continuity and plans. Do players leave like Vidal? sure...but we dont need an outside person keep messing with our plans and influencing our players and take their focus away. Either the player is committed or they're not.

juventino13 repped this.
  3. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Madrid has already done so, why not us?

Daei_10 repped this.
  4. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we should if we want to control our own destiny

Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  5. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Because we have no need to and he consistently brings us talented players

6. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    And, Madrid has not cut ties with Raiola

7. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    I cant think of anyone who has played for Madrid with Raiola as their agent.

8. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Yeah but they move around too often, not very stable for the team.

Daei_10 repped this.
  9. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Robinho is the only one i know of, but that doesn't mean that Madrid wouldn't deal with him if they had the chance to land one of his stars. They wanted Pogba, they wanted Zlatan, they wanted Bergkamp before he went to Inter

10. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Fair enough, but as I said, ultimately the player makes the call. Raiola can only do so much when it comes to transfers. Don't get me wrong, i despise the guy, but i wouldn't want us to cut ties with him as he's still useful

Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  11. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Madrid is more than capable of signing each of those players, its possible Raiola is the reason they did not go through. Apparently Florentino Perez is not a big fan of Raiola:

"Interestingly, Zidane’s petition for Pogba throws up a problem for Perez - he will have to negotiate with Raiola, and the duo’s relationship is not good.
    Perez will have to backtrack and submit himself to the demands of Raiola if he wants to strike a deal for Juve’s No.10.
    According to elconfidencial.com, Raiola is a man “seen through bad eyes in both Real Madrid and Barcelona.”
    Perez and his staff don’t like his ways of negotiating, which usually involves filtering details to the press and leaving the clubs in an uncomfortable position.
    The same report adds that Raiola took himself to the hotel where Madrid were staying in Turin last season. When Perez then eventually arrived, there was a sea of photographers waiting to take photos - this angered the Madrid president."

http://www.sport-english.com/en/news/liga-bbva/sign-pogba-perez-will-have-succumb-raiola-4815745

12. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Fair enough, just think we'd have possibly kept the likes of Pogba a bit longer had he not had Raiola in his ear.

Daei_10 and juventino13 repped this.
  13. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    This is probably true, but I still think they would deal with him if needed

14. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is only so much a young kid can resist. Clearly he convinced him of the ManU move cuz they were the highest bidders. Even though it was a step in the wrong direction. RM and Barca were probably willing to go max 80M on him but ManU coughed up the money and they sold it as if it was his dream to go back. If it was his dream he woulda went 2 yrs ago when offers were 40-50M

Anyway not to stretch this convo, but i like to see us build dynasties rather than revamping squads every 2 yrs. thats profitable for Juve as a company and stock holders, not so much the fans

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  15. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think everyone does, the reality is that Juve is a dynasty in Italy already. The problem is the league is not marketed and run properly. Serie A is the problem not Juve.

16. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yes thats true, but if we consistently perform in CL year after year and be known for our exciting players, it'll make us a dynasty no matter what. We have already made a name for bringing in great talent, whether established players or new young ones. People are starting to notice, but this year and next year's performance will have a huge impact

17. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Rumors are picking up that Allegri will be gone at the end of the season

18. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Bring in Padoin!

juventino13, phat and Falc repped this.
  19. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    cant think of anyone we can bring in that'll be as good. I hope its bullshit.

juventino13 repped this.
  20. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Too much talk for it not to have some fire.

IF Arsene really does go (his contract evidently expires this summer) then I think Max will be in the frame. Italian coaches have proven themselves in the Prem and I think there will be a real push to get him.

Word is Sousa is the replacement f he goes. At least he has some Juve DNA.

21. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    From what I have seen of Kolasinac against Bayern, I hope we sign him.

he is excellent as a 1 v 1 defender and going forward.

22. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    God I hope we don't bring in Sousa.

Lots of talk about Hernanes moving to China, with Juve getting €10 million.

juventino13 repped this.
  23. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Please Hernanes, just go

24. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sousa aint gonna get us CL. we need Allegri to stay. If its money just pay the man.

25. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    St. Michael's Sword repped this.