Wilmar Barrios -news and comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by pepinointer, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    He scored!

pepinointer, Bomb8 and HomietheClown repped this.
  2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    He pounced on the bad clearance pretty good.

A better shot than I expected from him too.

3. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Doogs, Azucarero and jay luis repped this.
  4. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Una bestia

Azucarero, J-Mezzy and pepinointer repped this.
  5. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Good for him!! Each time with colombia he seems more importan in our system

J-Mezzy and villus repped this.
  6. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    He's like a little pitbull. Not the biggest guy in the world but he fights and scraps for everything and is really tidy when he does get the ball. Think he's locked in for our CDM spot, Lerma is good but he's not as well suited for a single destroyer like Barrios is and he's not as good on the ball from deep.

7. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    he's our new Carlos Sanchez!

jay luis repped this.
  8. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hope to see games where we use Uribe-Barrios and Uribe-Lerma and eventually we will find someone who can rotate with Uribe.

Or given our CB situation (among other injuries) i won’t be surprised if we see Lerma and Barrios with one of them as a sweeper (3rd CB) and uribe in front of them

HomietheClown repped this.
  9. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I hope not!

pepinointer repped this.
  10. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Crzd to bonkers after reading this in 5....4....3...2...1.....

Doogs repped this.
  11. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Together, they both don't work but I think Lerma has a much better read of the ball (IQ) where Barrios is more instinct and can get caught pretty flat footed at times. Lerma is also physically more imposing. Let's not forget Lerma is in a much more demanding league and in a middle table team. Lerma has never really been allowed to play that sole destroyer role that he's rocked all year long at Bournemouth. Both players are awesome at their role so I'm just picking at straws because pound for pound Barrios is a beast.

12. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    uribe of 2019 cant be so immovable......i really want that querioz keep proving options like campuzano, cantillo....

That is the problem when you keep informed by apps and not watching football
    I thin you are underestimating barrios IQ....he was practically the first pass in boca to championships.....when he was canceled boca didnt have football.....his imprtance was beyond recovering balls was very organized marking the first pass and where.

Lerma from what i see he cant lead midcamp.....he is very disciplined in his role.....but he dont look for more reponsabilities.

Doogs repped this.
  13. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I was referring back to @villus "locked for CDM" comment as I think both have great qualities and I've seen them both a lot play for club. It's a matter of preference at this point but no way do I think Barrios > Lerma. Keep in mind Barrios has been in the NT 'proceso' much longer than Lerma but I've also seen how he's been a boss for Bournemouth this season, new league, new language, etc. We all know his presence with Levante. Lerma has not had the luxury'to play in the best teams in their respective leagues where he would look like the next Casemiro. Lerma (Huila, Levante, Bournemouth), Barrios (Tolima, Boca, Zenith).

14. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I am team Lerma.
    But I also like Barrios and think he is solid and don't mind him starting either.

And knowing who we have as manager I am expecting to see both play a lot. Probably together like the Japan match.

kromekote and Furnaccio repped this.
  15. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #315 pepinointer, Mar 31, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    I also have watched in bourneouth and in levante....and the times that he have had the oppogunity along with cracks (colombia) he doesnt seem like casemiro....i think is in a issue of leadership and panic too..

I m not disqualifying lerma...i like him

But i never have accepeted that excuse that you are not so "good" because you played in this small team.......yeah he is disciplined and "rendidor" but also i see very comofortable with this role.....and he should take more the leadership....

A lot of times players of small teams goes to big teams after they played like a player of a big team...my imoression with lerma is that he is the warrior of their team but dont try to give that quality improvement...and a national team player should be more complete

kromekote and J-Mezzy repped this.
  16. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Agree about seeing both playing a lot, especially given our current list of key injured players. For me, it’s not about Barrios or Lerma - it’s about either one being ready to be a starter at any time.

Now with Mina possibly out for the rest of the season, who knows what CB duo we will have available for CA19. With at least 11 games to go for Juve, how many do you think we will get see cuAdrado play? That too can impact our midfield lineups/strategy.

What do you think about what I said earlier about seeing all 3 Lerma-Barrios-Uribe at the same time? With one of them (Lerma or Barrios) playing in deep/Sweeper-like role?

Hopefully some other guys who didn’t make the last call up get some notice as well at some point although there won’t be much prep time since the next friendlies are the tune up games for CA.

17. colombianballa91

Jul 2, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I would really like to see cantillo. Hes a type of guy that wont abandon his defensive responsibilities like Uribe, and is capable of putting in killer passes from midfield

J-Mezzy, pepinointer and crzdcolombian repped this.
  18. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I would not be surprised to see that too, Uribe would probably be used in the same manner he was used in the France game in this type of formation.

Furnaccio repped this.
  19. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Doogs and Azucarero repped this.
  20. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So he is champion

1124699989362597888 is not a valid tweet id

ryu79, jay luis, Doogs and 2 others repped this.
  21. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    jay luis, kromekote, Doogs and 2 others repped this.
  22. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  23. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Apparently the Zenit fans rolled out a banner saying "keep our traditions in place don't sign any more black players" for Malcom's first game. That's a shame, if that attitude is widespread hopefully Barrios moves on in January or next summer, don't need that bullshit from your own fans on top of opposing fans.

24. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Their fans are known for such ugly history with foreign players; hell they even prefer players ONLY from that region. That shit is ridiculous...

25. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia