Will Suwon underachieve again?

Discussion in 'Korean Domestic Leagues' started by GuruSky, Apr 1, 2007.

1. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    FC Circus 4-1 Suwon
    Moonies 3-1 Suwon

Vote and discuss.

2. Holyjoe

Holyjoe Member

Jul 15, 2003
    ROK/SCO
    Yeah.

Though I suppose to be fair they were rather unfortunate in front of goal in both matches. They were woeful in general against FC Seoul, but still ended up hitting the post twice and coming close on a couple of other occasions (well, 'close' in K-League terms means only ballooning the ball wide of the target by around 20 feet). Yesterday the attempts on goal count was 22-6 in Suwon's favour but Kim Yong-dae pulled off a number of decent stops to deny Edu in particular.

With the top 6 playoff though it doesn't really matter how poor they are just now (nor on the flipside how well Landfill FC are playing at this particular moment in time), as it all comes down to a couple of games in November. I would assume Suwon will do enough to end up in the playoffs... if not, taxi time for Cha.

3. inobino

inobino Red Card

Mar 13, 2007
    Behind You
    Suwon, the perennial underachievers. what a fucken joke team

4. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Sorry, my friend. That title still belongs to FC Circus.

5. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    I don't think losing to Seongnam 1-3 is necessarily underachieving. Sure, a draw sounds better but it's not something so hard to take. Beside the non-goal-scoring misfortunes that HJ mentioned, Park Ho-jin also had a costly mistake.

Record alone, I doubt Suwon ever had an underachieving season in the past few years, excluding the final days of Kim Ho. It's just that Cha is the worst tactician and arguably beats the likes of Jo Gwang-rae, Lee Jang-soo, Kim Jung-nam, Huh Jung-moo, and perhaps Park Sung-hwa and Choi Soon-ho (damn thats a long arse list).

6. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    2005 season comes to mind. They didn't even make the playoffs that year.

7. nxttc

nxttc Member+

Jul 14, 2004
    well...it's just that with cha at the helm...the worst is more likeley than the best.

8. Holyjoe

Holyjoe Member

Jul 15, 2003
    ROK/SCO
    I'm pretty sure Gwangju aren't usually allowed to score two goals in the one match ;)

9. Bluewings

Bluewings Member

Jun 16, 2006
    Well they wouldn't have in Park Ho-Jin didnt take a bath is grease before the game. That dude can't catch a freakin' cold!!

10. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    the more pertinent question may be

"if they underachieve again, will they fire Cha?" or will they tell themselves that they didnt underachieve if they beat Chelsea in the friendly tournament in July?