Will LECCE survive?

Discussion in 'Italy: Southern Clubs' started by HADJI, Mar 5, 2009.

1. HADJI

HADJI New Member

Jan 18, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    RC Lens
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Everyday the situation gets worse. The Salentini need a win this week at home against Reggina to get back any hope of staying in Serie A. Frankly, I'm a bit surprised with Mario Beretta and the giallorossi. I thought they had the firepower to be at least 6 points above the dropzone at this point. Papa Waigo N'Diaye seems to be helping a lot since joining from Fiorentina but the loss of Soulaymane Diamoutene to Roma over the transfer period was not good. Also, the fact that Axel Konan has been hurt all year and Stendardo has played well below his usual standard has spelled doom. Let's hope they can turn it around fast.

2. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Is Papa Waigo playing as a RB or a RM?

3. HADJI

HADJI New Member

Jan 18, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    RC Lens
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    RM and doing very well.

4. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    He was playing as a RB for his national side last I heard, so I was curious. That's very good to hear that he's doing well. Lecce's my second favorite team, to be honest. I think they'll finish ahead of Chievo and Reggina I'm just not so sure they can beat out one of Torino and Bologna. On paper they can't. It'll be tooth and nail.

5. forzareggina

forzareggina Member

Reggina
    United States
    Aug 24, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Reggina Calcio
    papa waigo helping a lot? bullshite
    getting subbed into the match in the 83rd minute is not helping a lot
    i wish he was on our team, he is one of my top 3 favorite players in serie a
    why even buy him in january when you dont want him to play 90 minutes

6. HADJI

HADJI New Member

Jan 18, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    RC Lens
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Even though you are a rude bastard I agree with your point. It is ridiculous they are not playing him more. Mario Beretta has been a disaster.

7. forzareggina

forzareggina Member

Reggina
    United States
    Aug 24, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Reggina Calcio
    rude bastard? more like a non-agenda driven, straight shooting, voice of reason. yeah today they sub him out after 60 minutes and i only listened to the match, but it seemed like he was created all sorts of havoc on the right side, setting up a couple good scoring chances

8. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Presidents usually love to mouth off but Lecce's president believes his team should be playing with a 3-5-2. Papadopulo was using it and they got promoted into Serie A thanks to it. Lecce shouldn't have let him go.

Beretta isn't much of a coach. He did OK in 05/06 with Parma when he took over mid-way but his teams tend to start well and then drop like a sack of potatoes. Lecce this season has been poor for the duration.

9. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    De Canio... Uggghhh...

From C4. (though I did change 'Apulia' to 'Puglia,' for personal reasons)

De Canio takes Lecce post
    Monday 9 March, 2009

Lecce have officially appointed former Siena and Queens Park Rangers boss Gigi De Canio as the successor to Mario Beretta.

Beretta was axed earlier today after yesterday's 0-0 draw with Reggina left the Salentini languishing in penultimate place.

The Puglia outfit need a strong conclusion to the season if they are to avoid an immediate return to Serie B.

And the directors have decided that De Canio is the man to turn things around.

The 51-year-old has been unemployed since he left QPR by mutual consent in May 2008.

De Canio has previously led Genoa, Napoli, Reggina and Udinese and led Siena to survival in 2005-06.

He will be presented to journalists tomorrow at 11.30am.

10. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It's surprising that they took this long to sack Beretta. They should have got Papadopulo back.

11. HADJI

HADJI New Member

Jan 18, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    RC Lens
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yeah he did. Frankly the guy is a fantastic talent and the Lecce management is just dreadful. Thats why they find themselves in this disgraceful hole. Semeraro better do something quick because if they go down who knows when they will be back

12. HADJI

HADJI New Member

Jan 18, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    RC Lens
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I agree about papadopulo but a change is a change and desperate times call for desperate measures.

13. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    In this corner... Gigiiiiiiiiiiiii.... The DESperATE Measurrrrrrrrre.... De CAAAAAAAAAANioooooooooo...

14. HADJI

HADJI New Member

Jan 18, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    RC Lens
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well Gigi De Canio's first day on the job was certainly a tough one going down 5-2 to Palermo. I thought the game was closer than the final result though. Lets see what happens the rest of the way.

15. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    No.

Lecche will be relegated. But there tifosi has something to look forward to, Miccoli will one day play for Lecche.:) Until then, they will suffer.

Udinese
    Bologna
    Lecche
    ( maybe bresica, I don't expect them to keep their good form.)

My candidates to be relegated.:(

16. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Lecce will go down. De Canio isn't a very good coach and Lecce simply lack the depth to compete at this level.

It's hard to tip who will go down with them this season.

17. asbari1908

asbari1908 Member

Dec 18, 2008
    BARI
    Club:
    AS Bari
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I hope so. One of the weirdest experiences I have had here was in Lecce. I got dropped off the bus after coming back from Torre San Giovanni. Anyways, I needed to use the bathroom so I spotted a bar. Roll in and ask politely, but the dude comes back at me with 'where are you going?' 'Ah, Bari' I respond with my thick American accent. 'Go use a toilet in Bari' was his answer. Che schfio, pezzo di merda!!!

LECCE MERDA!!!

And another beef with Lecce:
    How anyone can think Lecce is more beautiful than Bari is beyond me. It's pissyellow all over the place, nowhere near the sea, and the chicks are uglier than the bella Barese :D

LECCE IN C2!!!:p

18. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Lecce has a lot of those Gothic-looking buildings. Personal taste, I guess. I prefer Brindisi, to be honest.

19. asbari1908

asbari1908 Member

Dec 18, 2008
    BARI
    Club:
    AS Bari
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah, Baroque :rolleyes:

I've only been to Brindisi's airport, but I really like southern Puglia. Some of the best beaches I've ever seen. The girls sorta look a little spanish down there too. It was weird. I wanna get to Leuca one summer, as far south as you can go.

Lecce Merda;)

20. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Mi cognome...

21. Bianconeri13

Bianconeri13 Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    .... how things change 6 months later :D

22. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Incredible.......:eek::eek::eek:

23. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    At this rate, it seems that Lecce will go down. It's early days but Di Francesco hasn't got a stable team. I'm all for attacking football and playing youngsters but it seems that Lecce's plan isn't very concrete.

24. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Di Francesco should get the sack. They got lucky in the first half against Milan and they are a team lacking clear ideas. He should have gained more experience in Serie B instead.

25. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cosmi looked really agitated after inter scored the second goal and after his no.9 couldn't equalize
    good quality players up top, cuadrado causing some problems but do they need to work on 1vs1 and covering
    but Nagatomo and Alvarez were on fire so I have to give credit where credit is due