Will Ha Tae Kyun turn out better than PCY?

Discussion in 'Korean Domestic Leagues' started by Bluewings, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Bluewings

Bluewings Member

Jun 16, 2006
    I sure hope so. The guy is off to a great start. I heard he was a defenseman for the olympic team and then got moved to forward? Is that true?

2. bjk31

bjk31 New Member

Oct 2, 2003
    There were so many forwards in U-20 team, so he who was a forward until high school days was tested as a defender in U-20 team.

Now he may return to a forward in U-20 team because of the goal against FC Seoul.

3. forzakr

forzakr New Member

Oct 29, 2001
    Seoul, Korea
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Be patient, he's just scored his first league goal. Park scored double digits in his rookie year.

4. Bluewings

Bluewings Member

Jun 16, 2006
    Yeah, in is first K-League game. Second goal in his second start. We will see, I just hope it is better than the joke PCY has turned into.

5. Klogon

Klogon Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    PCY isn't quite a joke, but certainly not the Ronaldo that everybody expected him to be.

6. Bluewings

Bluewings Member

Jun 16, 2006
    True, that was a bit harsh. But he had one good cross on Sunday and like 25 turnovers, pretty bad game for someone that the FC Seoul staff wouldn't send to Tottenham 'cause they weren't a big enough club. : )

7. forzakr

forzakr New Member

Oct 29, 2001
    Seoul, Korea
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Park to Spurs? Now that's the first time I've heard of that

8. cha doo ri

cha doo ri Member

Jul 17, 2004
    L.A.
    its not like they would take him loll

9. Bluewings

Bluewings Member

Jun 16, 2006
    That may just be hear-say on my part. I read it on another thread here on bigsoccer that FC Seoul turned down an offer from Tottenham.

10. Klogon

Klogon Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    At the peak of the Park Chu-Young worship, that rumor of PCY to Spurs was mentioned, I believe.

11. forzakr

forzakr New Member

Oct 29, 2001
    Seoul, Korea
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Interesting.

Oh well

12. Ganahal

Ganahal New Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    We gotta stop overhype some guy just becase he got hot for short time.

We're have such problem producing legit scorers I think maybe we gotta focus devlop better defenders keep game close and not let in stupid goals.

13. Bluewings

Bluewings Member

Jun 16, 2006
    I agree completely. The worst thing you can do to a player is put rediculously high expectations on him. I started the thread to just see what peoples opinion about him measuring up to PCY. For now, we should let him be so that he can continue to develop pressure free.

14. forzakr

forzakr New Member

Oct 29, 2001
    Seoul, Korea
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Once Ha scores into double digits, then maybe we can start comparing him to Park. Until then, let him fight for his spot at Suwon

15. inobino

inobino Red Card

Mar 13, 2007
    Behind You
    Thing about Park Chu Young is he needs to buff the ******** up. he keeps saying English Premier League, English Premier League when with his body he wouldn't survive one half.

16. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    He never said anything about the EPL.