Wii: PES10 or FIFA10?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Shrute66, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Shrute66

Shrute66 New Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking for recommendations for a soccer game for the Wii. I'm not much of a game player but we're getting a Wii for the family and would like to give a soccer game a try. My kids have played FIFA on the PS2 over the years but they're not around much any more so this will be mainly for me. It seems like the camps are evenly divided over PES and FIFA but a lot of what I'm reading is based on other platforms or older versions. I suppose my top criteria would be playability. I know I'm not a hardcore gamer so I'm willing to sacrifice some control/realism. Has anybody played both the 2010 versions on the Wii? Any thoughts? Thanks!

2. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    just got FIFA 10 for Wii, trying it out tonight...which route did you go?

3. Shrute66

Shrute66 New Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I went with PES10. My son who's been playing FIFA on the PS2 for years likes it. He said that FIFA10 on the Wii was a little too arcade-ish. That might have been better for me because I'm kind of overwhelmed by PES. But I'm old, too.:)

How do you like FIFA on the Wii?

4. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I do like it, but for now just playing with the standard remote/nunchuk. Its not that great, I need to get the classic arcade controller. tryin to win with the 09 red bulls is hard enough without the right controller...

5. Shrute66

Shrute66 New Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL. I got the classic controller too.

6. SportsGuru

SportsGuru New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I always go with the EA sports FIFA games. IMO they have better graphics.

7. Eran Dayan

Eran Dayan New Member

Feb 3, 2010
    Israel
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hi....
    PES or Fifa?....good one, well EA has the better graphics that for sure, but Konami has the better fun. The movement in PES, of the people and the ball is much more realistic than it is in Fifa, and its much harder to score as well.
    If you are looking for fun playing with friends, go for PES, if you are looking for graphics only, Fifa is your choice.

8. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    For the Wii PES , for the PS3 or X-BOX 360 FIFA, simple!!

9. Eran Dayan

Eran Dayan New Member

Feb 3, 2010
    Israel
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hi all.
    I think that for older people, and for people who really know soccer, PES will do the trick much better, its much more realistic and fun to play with friends. The online is not that good, if you like graphics, but just graphics, go for FIFA.

10. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    2 to 3 years ago I would have totally agreed with you, but since 2009, I think FIFA has improved HUGE and maybe even surpassed PES.
    PS Im 38 and have played video/soccer games since Sega master system, SOOOOOOOO, I think i have some experience.:D

11. Arcadius86

Arcadius86 New Member

Feb 24, 2010
    Skarzysko-Kamienna
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    If you have a Wii, there is really no choice. PES gives a much more complete football experience. You always control the player with the ball, but also have freedom to use your wii remote to point at anyone and control where they go or how they behave. This allows for much greater control of your teams style and aggresiveness on-the-fly. Any other game will not allow for this much depth.

The learning curve is a bit steep for this game, but believe me, once you get comfortable with it, you will see yourself how much more enjoyable it is, and how much more skill is actually required.

12. kjib

kjib New Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Club:
    Brighton & Hove Albion FC
    I think it's the same with any game where there's a choice of more that one version you're tempted by. Always go for fun over graphics. I wasted so much money in the past being seduced by eye candy only to find the fun was all too shallow. Bit like other things in life ;)