Why the Republicans shouldn't use new media

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by superdave, Jun 16, 2009.

Tags:
  1. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    He speaks of the dangers of children being left home alone but I'll bet your life that he has or voted against some sort of mandatory sick leave that parents can take for their children.

Dr. Wankler and cleansheetbsc repped this.
  2. song219

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Didn't you know that teacher's job actions and in service days are known in KY as incest days?

3. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    #3253 raza_rebel, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018

Not directly. He has introduced legislation to make it harder for people to enroll in Medicaid and killed Kynect a few years ago, which was nationally praised for making Kentucky a benchmark for how Obamacare could work.

My sister works as a social worker in the central part of Kentucky. She is now in a more managerial level but at the time Kynect was abandoned she was still making house visits. She recalled how one family was proud of the governor "cutting wasteful spending and getting rid of Obamacare." Basically spitting out FOX talking points. Unfortunately, that family was on Kynect and have fallen through the cracks.

4. song219

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Of course if either the kid or that parent dies, the problem is taken care of.

5. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Yup. But if you think they're warehouse managers who get summers off ... ******** them.

6. song219

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Besides they spend most of their time watching other people's kids.

7. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, I agree with Hertha. They had just come out from under a tyrant and were leery of acting in a way that showed them to be anywhere close to tyrant-like.

HerthaBerwyn repped this.
  8. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got that he thought people were marauding around looking for kids to abuse because the kids are alone, not because those people want to abuse kids. There is so much ********ed up with that statement. He really does not know how to handle that mess.

edit - see this was covered.

9. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    The poor kid. Teach had sex with the lad numerous times while he was under supervision and she didn't poison him. Also...is it rape if he's on top? :unsure:

Auriaprottu repped this.
  10. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought we ditched that type of "humorous" comment a while ago.

ElJefe, NORML and xtomx repped this.
  11. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Yes it is.
    Moving on now.

ElJefe, soccernutter and NORML repped this.
  12. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I know a guy who is in his 60s and his life is a mess, divorced 3 times, trouble with jobs and relationships, etc. It turns out he had sex with a teacher when he was 14, and while a lot of guys "joke" about this sort of thing being good, it messed him up pretty bad.

Think about it. Most of us guys had to learn over time how to deal with girls and women, from being a 14-year old knucklehead to eventually evolving into a young man that girls would actually want to spend alone quality time with. It isn't something that happened overnight and it takes a while (especially for us clueless guys who generally are terrible at picking up on the subtle signs) to get it right.

By jumping into the sack way too soon, he never had that ability to figure it all out, and it has hindered him ever since. No one would be "joking" about a 14 year old girl having sex with a teacher being a good thing...

13. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is one of the things that people miss. When a teen has a sexual relationship with somebody notably older, it can screw them up. Sex is just as much part of a relationship as holding hands or cuddling, does not matter if the person is male or female, straight or gay, or any other options.

xtomx repped this.
  14. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But we do when 14 year old boys do the same (with female teachers), I bet the jokes and outrage are different when a 14 year old boy has sex with a male teacher.

bigredfutbol repped this.
  15. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    And/or vice versa! :coffee:

17. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Cascarino's Pizzeria BigSoccer Yellow Card

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
  18. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Here is the text of the post:

"And I truly think Obama resembles the Curious George cartoon, who I think is an adorable character. Curious George that is. That is what my eyes see. And I am not racist, and there I not a mean spirited intent in my observation. But I can't say it. Double standard."

For the 1,000th time, anytime someone begins a sentence "I am not a racist..." then says something racist (although the "I am not a racist" came after the racist statement), that person is a racist.
    Her "double standard" line is truly perplexing.

And, here comes the apology:
    Shortly after midnight on Friday, Goldstein said on Twitter that her comments "were not intended to offend anyone. I understand much better, after hearing the heartfelt concerns from both sides, that my comments may have hurt some of my friends and for that I am sorry."

She apologized because she "hurt some of [her] friends" with her racist comment.
    She did not, of course, apologize to President Obama or to black people or others who were offended, just her "friends" who were hurt.

Here is her second attempt at an apology is even more pathetic:
    "I don't come from a racist society, so that never occurred to me," she said. "I didn't compare all black people to apes. I said Barack Obama looked like Curious George. I also called him cute!" [to be clear, she specifically stated Curious George was cute, not President Obama]

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...ampaign-aide-compares-obama-to-curious-george

See, it is okay for her to say racist things because she "don't come from a racist society..."

These people are insane.

Nope, nothing racist about these (these are not from Ms. Goldstein):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    upload_2018-6-6_17-36-11.jpeg

19. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Suspected facelifts...monkey Kenyan muslim

20. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Wow!

21. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    They're not a monolithic group. There have always been some.

22. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Oh I know. Just that our old concept of Jews was being down with civil rights.

23. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Your old anti-Semite concept.

24. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    bigredfutbol repped this.
  25. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...draw-support-white-supremacist-candidate.html

"In one essay, titled 'What is wrong with being a white supremacist?', Walker - who is running for state House District 48 - made outrageous claims including that 'God is a racist and a white supremacist.' "

"'There is no such thing as equality,' he wrote. 'Someone or something has to be superior...and that group is the whites of the world.
    'In all history in sub-Saharan Africa, no two-story building or a waterproof boat was ever made.' "

"The website, which is linked to Walker, also includes other racist nonsense such as his claim that 'Jews are not Semitic they are Satanic as they all descend from Satan' and disproved conspiracy theories such as 'vaccinations, especially for young children, create a favorable climate for Autism.'"

xtomx repped this.