Why T&T will beat England

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by Renegade, May 25, 2006.

1. Renegade

Renegade New Member

Oct 20, 2000
    VA
    Other than the fact that it would poetic justice for an ex-colony to beat the old colonial ruler I think that T&T has a team that matches up well with England. We have a tall central defender who can intercept and interrupt most crosses into the six yard box. We have physically strong forwards in John and Jones who can match up with the English central defenders. If Yorke is playing in the midfield he can hold the ball as well as any midfielder in the world, and of course he has the experience to read the passes before they are made and the experience to pass the ball into the most dangerous spaces, as well as the ability to score if given the space.

Put into the equation a healthy rested Latapy and England will have to play back to handle the constant offensive pressure from Latas. If their outside backs overlap we should have lots of space to score. Stern John can score as he has proven over and over again in England. He should feel at home for this match.

I believe that England will be insecure about scoring and we have several players who can score in the run of play and especially on set pieces.

2. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I think also T&T have an advantage in that England may underestimate them, so T&T will be able to somewhat surprise them.

Also, like you said, T&T are a former colony so they will want to win this one the most and be extra motivated (if that's possible, I would assume they are already extremely excited to be in the World Cup as it is), so that could help as well.

Last year Senegal beat their former colonists France. I think a similar situation will happen again, whether it's T&T beating England, Angola beating Portugal, or Togo beating France. Did Spain ever occupy Tunisia? If so, that could be one as well. We'll see. Good luck Socca Warriors. :D

3. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Because T&T has a better coach:D

4. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Because T&T is the Cindirella of the WC and because they are part of the greatest confederation:
    :D
    Lets go trinis!

5. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Can't disagree with that. SGE is a loser.:eek:

6. Renegade

Renegade New Member

Oct 20, 2000
    VA

At least he gets the girl. LOL. I think that any coach who can keep his team competitive by fighting with his players for their girl friends is a very dedicated coach. Of course that strategy won't work in T&T because we have so many good looking women.

7. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Poland to beat Germany? :D

8. Wile Coyote

Wile Coyote Red Card

Sep 21, 2000
    Punta del Este, Uru.
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
    T & T will not only lose to england and the rest of their rivals they will take a huge beating in 2 of the 3 games.......

T & T will be the embarrasment of CONCACRAP that i can asure you..

Now can the other Embarrasment known as the Currupt Jack Warner please leave Concacrap and take the blubbering currpt mess chuck blazer with you

9. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

Is that the voice of a disgruntled Uruguayan fan?:eek: Now go by your Socawarriors jersey...cuz that is the closest you will be getting to the WC:D

10. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Lets be realistic here..... theres no way TT can beat England, its bad enough TT has trouble with NT in the CONCACAF.

11. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's no way North Korea can beat Italy.
    There's no way Senegal can beat France.
    There's no way USA can beat Portugal or Colombia or England.
    There's no way Korea can beat Italy or Spain.
    There's no way Latvia or Switzerland can beat Turkey....

That's why they play the game!!!

12. Renegade

Renegade New Member

Oct 20, 2000
    VA
    Thanks for expressing my sentiments so eloquently. I feel for him not having a team to cheer for in the WC but he shouldn't be so upset that we have four from our region and hopefully Jack can get another spot may be from South America;)

13. Trin

Trin Member

Sep 6, 2005
    pa
    Thank you Jesus Christ that uruguay did not qualify for the world cup. Next to T&T qualfying this was the happiest moment for me during qualification when Austrilia dumped them out the tornament. All I need now is for Argentina to loose every match in the tornament and I will never ask God for anything again.....well not soon anyway

14. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

Trini fans will be very happy watching their NT in the WC,
    Australia fans will be very happy watching their NT in the WC too,
    Uruguay fans will be very happy watching Argentina in the WC ,
    everybody is happy in T&T, this is a happy thread, go troll somewhere else

15. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    i hope you add...
    There's no way Costa Rica can beat Germany in the opening game of the WC :D

16. Flyin Ryan

Flyin Ryan Member

May 13, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chris Birchall to score the goal, although I would think it funny if it were:

"Scot-land, Scot-land, Jason Scotland!"

17. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Well ill be a neutral guy cause my NT dosnt even play and say TT is not gona beat England so stop dreaming and Costa Rica is gona get ramed by Germany. Its as simple as that. "No le busquen la quinta pata al gato"

18. Trin

Trin Member

Sep 6, 2005
    pa
    Who de hell are u to tell us to stop dreaming. Why dont u stop breathing.

19. thedixie

thedixie New Member

Aug 25, 2004
    great win for wales today! just hope t an t cand do the business against england now

as a wleshman living in england that would be great bragging rights
    good luck

20. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Who did Wales beat?

21. thedixie

thedixie New Member

Aug 25, 2004
  22. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    T&T were playing their B team:D

23. DCSharksFC

DCSharksFC Member

Feb 28, 2003
    Virginia Tech
    the only concacaf team that'll do poorly this go around will be mexico

go TNT!!!!

go Costa Rica!!!!

go USA!!!!

i'd love to see england get knocked outta the first round

god i hate eurosnobs who think they always have the cat in the bag, and besides we all know that england and the rest of the world will come up with some lame excuse to explain a loss

24. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    jajajajaja

25. Renegade

Renegade New Member

Oct 20, 2000
    VA
    The problem with the negative thinkers is that they don't realize that we can score. The T&T v. England match could easily be like the US and Morraco. T&T can pull it off in the final seconds of the match.

That is the basis of my analysis, plus I actually have seen major upsets in the WC. Argentina v. Camaroon. Sengal v. France. US v. Portugal. Just to name a few.

So think positive everyone. We can beat them. They are weak now instead of strong. They are injured, and they under estimate our ability.

The fact that they under estimate us is our greatest advantage. Just like in every thing else in life.