Why doesn't Toluca have a true rival?

Discussion in 'Toluca' started by DCDireWolf, Sep 6, 2009.

1. DCDireWolf

DCDireWolf Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excuse my ignorance not being from Mexico, but why doesn't Toluca have a real hated rival or a classico of its own? I understand that Club America is the team most hated by Toluca fans (and pretty much everyone but America fans), but for a team with a lot of championships, a team so close to the D.F. and a team that has been around since the 1950's I'd think they would have developed a rivalry.

2. Numero_9

Numero_9 Member

Mar 31, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    When Cardozo was still with Toluca, and Oswaldo Sanchez with Chivas there was some rivalry there. Other than that Toluca games vs teams like America, Chivas, Cruz Azul are good games.

3. Mr. P Mosh

Mr. P Mosh Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Monterrey, NL, Mex
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Cuz we have no competence xD.
    Well... I think, is mainly cuz Toluca started to be "important" more recently, at the mid 90s early 2000s and there isn't another club on Estado de México (Toros Neza is no longer existing though).
    Is like Pachuca, is the first mexican club, and they really haven't any real rival.

4. DCDireWolf

DCDireWolf Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well then, clearly Pachuca and Toluca should invent some stupid trophy and start a classico. It won't be actually classic for another decade or so, but you gotta start somewhere.

5. Mr. P Mosh

Mr. P Mosh Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Monterrey, NL, Mex
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Cud be, why not? 2000s owners classico :rolleyes:
    BTW, why Dynamo's supporters say they have a rivalry with Pachuca?:confused: Tuzos don't kno' they exists though :D

6. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    Why are you typing with such a big font? :)

7. Mr. P Mosh

Mr. P Mosh Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Monterrey, NL, Mex
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Habit :rolleyes:, I'm on some another forums and the normal font (2) is very small, and well, now i use three on automathic... if disturbs i cud try to change :confused:

8. Carcacha

Carcacha Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    interesting, when i was in toluca bout a month ago there were lots of pachuca billboards as if promoting the team

9. DCDireWolf

DCDireWolf Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thinking about this again with the semifinals starting: Pachuca and Toluca should invent some stupid trophy and start a new rivalry. Both teams have been consistently the best performing squads over the past 15 years, the cities aren't that far away from each other, and neither currently has a true rival. The owners should be getting together to put something together.

It won't be actually classic for another decade or so, but you gotta start somewhere.

10. Numero_9

Numero_9 Member

Mar 31, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    That wouldnt really be a Classico. Thats something the Houston Dynamo would do..... i mean DID.

11. estaticxalde

estaticxalde Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Alta Loma
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    as an impartial third party.. ive always seen pachuca vs toluca as one of the games im excited to see every season. that being said. i think if they both continue being the most succesful teams then i think it will turn into a real rivalry