Why do Argentinians..

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by RuudvanNistelrooy, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I lived in Germany for 11 years. Schwaben? guten abend or Grüß Gott? Where in Germany did you live?

2. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Fritzlar and Frankfurt:) guten abend of course, und du hast recht und ich meine ruhe;)

3. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I lived in Heidelberg. 30 minutes south of Frankfurt. I remember the red light district in Frankfurt quite well :D

4. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ach du lieber:D;)

5. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Why does it feel like I am watching the History channel here(Well at least this page) just kidding :D.

Yeah it is a cultural thing. For a short time my friends back home used to call me tiburón because I was always swimming. But I have friends that been going by a name nickname since they were kids.

One of my favorite nicknames was el cholo Simeone.

6. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Better to be "Cholo" Simeone than "Trolo" Simeone .... :p

7. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    My last name is Mansilla, so everyone in Argentina started calling me Morcilla, which then morphed into Morsa. So now I am Morsa. Nicknames is definetely an Argentina thing, we can come up with nicknames for anything.

8. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

If they call you Morsa it might be cuz you look like this ....no??

9. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I guess I walked right into that one,...:D

I am not a small guy, at 6'1 and 255 pds so it could be, but I think its more cause I am hung like a Morsa.

10. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    How can you tell ?:D

11. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    what do you mean how can I tell? I look down...duh.

12. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And you can see past the panza?:eek:

13. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am tellling you,... like a Morsa. :D

Honestly, all this talk of my anatomical parts is making me uncomfortable. Lets move on,...

14. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    lol!!:d

15. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Sounds like he called him a 'negro de M**rda'.

Its one thing to have kind nicknames with negro in them, but another when you use it as an insult and add the shit part added to it.

17. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Exactly, it seems that there was malice behind what Fuentes said. I have known plenty of people that were nicknamed negro,chino,gringo and etc which were just nicknames. It is a shame what happened.

18. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    lets not forget ! that Bonilla made a Marco Sandy-ish' tackle ....Negro de Merrrrda is nothing compared to the career ending fright that must have been going through Bertoglio's mind... INMO the Fuertes insult was more than justified!!!!!

19. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Granted the tackle was horrific, but don't you think in 2010 we should not have this(Racism) in the game or really anywhere? Insult the guys mother okay whatever but calling what he did(if it true) and telling him to go back to Africa :confused:. What was it, Zaragoza's fans that kept heckling their own GK by throwing bananas on the pitch and having monkey chants? Are we at that level? I can not justify racism no matter what the crime is, let the judge,ref, AFA, justice system deal with actions that was committed.

20. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I agree. There's no justification for what Bichi said. Its was wrong and racist. What surprises me the most is that Fuertes is known for being a respected and good character guy, very strongly identified with Santa Fe and Colon. I personally would like to think that Bichi is not a racist, that it was a heat of the moment losing of the head kind go moment, either way he was wrong.

21. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You are confusing to totally different things. Having someone call you negro, is actually a nice thing. I would never stop anyone from calling me that. Now in the context of what happened its a different story.

22. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

All these statements are correct. From Bichi being a respected footballer to the racist comments.

I think that we are missing the context of the situation and trying to evaluate it via standards that are not Argentinian.

Bichi responds, via his insults, to Bonilla's tackle of a teammate. Which was HARSH to say the least. Obviously it was a heat of the moment response considering the situation but was it truly racist? It's not like Bichi is the epitome of a white guy.

In Argentina calling someone a "negro de meirda" is more about your attitude and way of life than the color of your skin. The Africa comment is well not pleasing but I'm willing to attribute it to heat of the moment and quite different from throwing a banana at someone.

Also not mentioned was Bichi's calling of Bonilla "un mala leche" which translated means malicious or with intent to harm. So we can see from this statement where Bichi's head was at the moment.

Is Bichi a racist? Probably not. Was he mad? Oh hell yea.

23. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The bolivian Marco Sandy? I dont get the reference, please explain! I am guessing it has something to do when he was playing at Gimnasio de jujuy.

24. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Bichi had every right to be mad, but he did not have the right call someone "negro de ************", even if he didn't mean it in a racial tone (far stretch here) it still sounds racist to the person hearing it.

25. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Esteban Fuertes just said that Bonilla has to go back and publicly admit that he made up the whole "negro de ************" story or he will begin talking to lawyers. Bichi confirms that the whole story is not true.

Uh oh, Bonilla is in deep shit now for making up a story and trying to play out being the victim. :eek: