Why buy a €57 mil Camry when you can get a Porsche for €5 mil - The Welcome Casemiro Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Zidane05, Jun 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He tried to get rid of Keylor, Varane was Zidane's work, Modric was Mourinho's.

Not giving proper consideration to the less glamorous positions is just one of Flo's faults and as of right now it seems he's repeated a past mistake.

In any case it looks like Zidane's true test has finally come. Let's see if he is the genius we all think.

My guess is he either goes with @J-Mezzy and the Carlo 4-4-2 or he out Carlo's, Carlo and Mou and plays one of the CB's as the DM. Should be interesting.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  2. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well, my opinion remains the same, Casemiro is important but not as important as having us defend when we don't have the ball with 10 men rather than 7, for me that is the key, we saw evidence of it against Sporting, Casemiro alone is not the answer so IMO , all is not lost, there are other things that we can do to ensure more stability in that midfield, it's good to have a player like him, but, we desperately need "10 players" pressing and defending without the ball, I wish him a speedy recovery.

3. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    Not bad, but Modric was 100% Mourinho.

4. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  5. Phoenix Rising

Phoenix Rising Member+

Jan 4, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Who was the club president when Mourinho was here? I don't get it... some guys want to credit only the coach for good signings made under Flo... but want to criticize only Flo for bad signings made under him. What's the deal with that? Sure, Mourinho wanted Modric and Zizou wanted Varane... but if Flo (or whichever member of the board) doesn't give the final okay to the expense, the transfer fee isn't being paid.

Btw, not posting this to you specifically, saying that in general after reading @fierro's post. :thumbsup:

xRamos4 and natenate101 repped this.
  6. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Perez never paid attention to the DM position. and when he did, he always bought the wrong players.
    the concept of DM was always strange to him and he could never understand why a CM just play as a DM.
    which caused us plenty of CL and LaLiga.

the fact that we didn't strengthen this position (and others) while knowing we are getting hit by 18 months transfer ban, is just another proof how bad our management is.
    I just can't imagine Zidane didn't want to buy any player.

7. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Is there some injection we can give this guy so that he can recover faster. At this rate we are going to be so far behind the cules by the time we face them we are going to play catch up for the remainder of the season yet again

8. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Its official we are shite without this guy
    No control over the games whatsoever

9. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I hind sight, we should have let go of Isco, James or Kova and gotten him a backup/competition.

Without Casemiro and Navas we're completely exposed of major flaws in our "system"

10. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I mentioned this in another thread, none of those 3 players would leave. There was no room for another midfielder.

Of course Zidane wanted cover for Casemiro, but his hands were tied.

11. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    doesn't really matter now, right? we can't sell/buy until summer of 2018.

12. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don't believe that. Jese was shown the door. If Zidane wanted one of these guys gone, they'd be gone. Players don't get to choose, the coach and management do.

sleepyvato50 repped this.
  13. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don't know about this. Look at Mariano who wanted to stay. Now he never gets picked for the game day squads. If we for a backup for Casemiro, that backup plus the 3 I listed would probably rotate getting dropped more like a Mariano.

I feel like maybe ZZ thought Kroos/Kova/Isco were defensive enough to provide cover.

14. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Jese would have been shown the door even if he wanted to stay on as a water boy.

15. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lets try one of Varane/Ramos/Pepe at DM ?

16. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    i refuse to believe ZIzou didn't tried to sign another DM.. i mean you have ban and you have important player in you planas without cover. no logic at all to say no to other players who can play in that position.

temesgen repped this.
  17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not really. He just understood himself he wasn't good enough.

18. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Go back to the transfer thread and there were plenty of us complaining about it. I just understand the decision making.

Eddie and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  19. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    my guess Zidane requested a DM, but never never invest in those players.
    I'm sure Perez thought that if things get worst, we can always play Bale as a DM ;)

20. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Yeah and we were getting mocked and told this roster was impossible to improve.

S1na and temesgen repped this.
  21. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hahaha what? People ride Perez for years because he handles most transfer business and makes too many changes. This season, he finally takes a step back, gives control to Zidane who makes almost no changes, and it's again Flo's fault? You can't have it both ways.

People just looking for a scapegoat.

J-Mezzy, sleepyvato50, MerlinRM and 2 others repped this.
  22. RomanMadrid

RomanMadrid Member+

Jan 13, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This x1000.

This falls on Zidane and the squad in general. But of course, people love Zidane and he can make no mistake.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  23. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    #573 surgeon, Sep 26, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
    I think Zidane wanted to sign another DM/destroyer, but that would mean pushing someone out (James probably), which is something Flo wasn't prepared to do for whatever reason. So yes, that brings us back go him.

We all know how Flo operates, so you really can't be 100% certain it was Zidane's decision to not sign anyone.

Flo created the image that we have of him, not the fans. Great businessman, questionable at footballing decisions. He'll get the stick occasionally from some of us, and the rest of you that don't agree just have to live with it.
    That doesn't make me/us fickle or wanting to have it both ways.

Digital repped this.
  24. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It's clearly James' fault.

#jamesrosterspothog
    #jamesfuera

sleepyvato50, Deep Pal, Ahmadi8 and 3 others repped this.
  25. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I was literally begging for us to sign Krychowiak and to a lesser extent i've done the same for Kante :D. I don't think it's Casemiro who's that important for us, it's the position. It allows Modric and Kroos to take it to another level.

temesgen, MerlinRM, PigBenis and 6 others repped this.