Who's Getting USAvMEX Tickets?

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by ClevelandFC, Aug 20, 2005.

1. rojojova

rojojova Member

Mar 7, 2001
    LA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have one extra ticket... and yes, I was one of the fools who overpaid on e-bay.

But at least I'lll be there!

2. Sanguine

Sanguine Member

Jul 4, 2003
    Reston, VA
    they did.

3. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Absolutely correct.

The majority, the VAST majority, of the tickets sold for this game were NOT to "the US team fan base" but rather to MLS fans, particularly Columbus Crew fans.

Reading BigSoccer skews your view because everyone here is a USA fan (well, mostly) and they all wanted tix and they're all going even if they have to walk from Oregon, etc.

But Sam's Army, for example, filled up section 135, 136 and 137. Which isn't even the entire North end, let alone the whole stadium.

As they did in 2001, they milked their local MLS mailing lists for probably 80% of the seats.

4. peledre

peledre Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Nancy is aware of that, I believe she means extending that to all MLS teams for qualifiers, regardless of location. The one problem that you run into is that those who are not within an 5 hours of an MLS market (like me) get stuck hanging out in the wind when only 2,000 tickets are available in the general sale after all the MLS season ticket holder's buy up theirs. Since US Soccer and MLS are separate entities that's not really fair to those people that are not MLS season ticket holders. Once demand increases it becomes a little discriminatory that you'd have to buy a 500-2000 season ticket package with an MLS team just to be able to have the chance to buy tickets for a US game.

5. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    I think it's great that we've sold out CCS weeks before the tickets went on sale officially. However, I really would've rather seen this huge game in a 60,000 seat or bigger stadium. Even if that did meant a higher percentage of Mexican fans would attend.

Bottom line is that US fans aren't really all that intimidating. The Mexican players aren't afraid of us yelling things at them. The Mexican players are afraid of the US players being better than the Mexican players. :)

6. stevewhit0

stevewhit0 New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Champaign, IL
    I agree with that, in 2001 i think it was more about the weather than about the fans.

7. HSV Hooligan

HSV Hooligan New Member

Jul 25, 2002
    Shaker Heights, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But don't you think the opposite would be true: that the US players would be intimidated if we played in RFK, Home Depot Center, or some other place in which it would be a decidedly pro-mexican crowd? Maybe it's not about having a pro-US crowd as much is it is NOT having a raucous pro-Mexican crowd on our own turf...thus, a home field advantage.

8. KindergartenCrew

Feb 19, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    That's the only reason I re-upped for Crew tics this year - the HOPE that the Mexico game would be here. :D

9. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    Then shut your mouth right here. Seriously. Shut it.

10. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    No, actually.

11. peledre

peledre Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    US Supporters/Sams Army Tickets on EBAY:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Isn't there a way for US Soccer to find out who purchased these tickets and ensure they are not allowed to buy tickets again????

JMO

13. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    looks like they put up all 8....unless they got more!

[​IMG]

14. drew_VT_6

drew_VT_6 Member

Feb 22, 2000
    Orange County, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's another Sam'sArmy Section Ticket Listed on Ebay, but with all the proper warnings!

Anyone else willing to risk their ebay id reputation to screw this one guy over who has Sam'sAmry ticket listings for the game and is gouging people?

15. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Post a link to the auction of those 8 SA tickets -- I cannot seem to find it.

16. cwt9

cwt9 New Member

Jul 27, 2005
    Someone cleared a nice profit on those tickets.

17. cwt9

cwt9 New Member

Jul 27, 2005
  18. cwt9

cwt9 New Member

Jul 27, 2005
  19. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Gone Fishin'
    Mutha F***ers!

20. cwt9

cwt9 New Member

Jul 27, 2005
  21. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Well considering they are all about to expire, and none have been bid on --

Ha, ha. Moron.

22. peledre

peledre Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The dickwad probably didn't list his auction right so no one could find the tix in a search, we probably shouldn't link it on here so he doesn't get anymore traffic to his site. I suppose there are some desparate fans that he can take advantage of and get $150 a seat for.

I wish just one time that these sellers didn't lie and give a sad sack story on every ticket auction, "I'd love to go this game, but my mother has a bamboo oar stuck up her Ganges, and I need to be by her side for surgery"

I'd love it if they wrote, "I'm a money grubbing S.O.B. with a great computer program that can steal tickets off ticketmaster faster than you can say "sold out" and now I'm going to auction off my limited supply for a 300% profit. Have a nice day, Gaylord!"

23. drew_VT_6

drew_VT_6 Member

Feb 22, 2000
    Orange County, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If a number of us bid ridiculously high numbers for the SA seats but then his highest 5 bidders all of a sudden didn't pay for them he'd be screwed as well.

24. cwt9

cwt9 New Member

Jul 27, 2005
  25. ACGreen

ACGreen Member

May 12, 2004
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's the Q&A from the seller of SA tix:

Q: how much would you want for the tickets to pull them off ebay? my boyfriend is from mexico and is dying to go to this game and they were sold out when i went to buy them
    Aug-20-05
    A: Thanks, but I am going to follow through with the auction. Good Luck!