Review: Who's better Villa or Ibrahimovic?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by Pyros, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Pyros

Pyros Member

Sep 6, 2009
    La Coruña
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Do you think Barsa won or lost on quality with this change? I think Villa is better than Ibra.

2. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Villa appears to be better. Although sometimes weird things happen when strikers move to big clubs. Difficult to imagine Villa being worse than Ibra was last season for Barca though.

We'll get our answer for sure in the next 7-8 months.

3. kostas_hellas_13

kostas_hellas_13 New Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Club:
    Panathinaikos Athens
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    I think Villa is better than Ibra and seems that he can fit to Barcelona's style of play.
    Villa is one of my favorite players and i wish he had stayed in Valencia CF.

4. bunkmedal

bunkmedal Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    I still think Ibra's better. The fact that he didn't fit into Barcelona's style of play (and that Villa will probably fit into it) doesn't necessarily mean he's a worse player, just that Barca isn't the team for him.

5. Jeha

Jeha New Member

Mar 3, 2010
    Chester
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I though Ibrahimovic did a pretty good job at Barca, joining a team like barca where there is already a consistent established scorer is hard, i mean theres only so many goals a team can score. He managed a goal every other game, thats pretty good seing he played second fiddle to messi.

Having said that the price barca paid for him was WAY to much for him and Villa is better, but not that much better.

6. pablo85

pablo85 Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Maybe Ibrahimovic can weightlift twice as much as Villa, and he is 2 heads bigger than Villa and maybe he can keep up the ball more times than Villa.
    But Villa is the far better striker. He scores more, he is faster, he can head better although he is not very tall. IMO Villa is a class above Zlatan.

7. Pyros

Pyros Member

Sep 6, 2009
    La Coruña
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Why do you think Ibra is better?

8. GiancarloC

GiancarloC Member

Sep 4, 2010
    LA, California
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Put Villa in the Serie A and see how much he would score. Ibrahimovic had a good goal ratio in La Liga, but wasn't given more of a chance... so he moved.

I don't think Villa would be able to score nearly as many as he did in the Serie A.

I think they fit two different systems. Ibra certainly has his strong points though... including being more of an aerial threat (which Zlatan is way better at than Villa). And I'm not just defending Ibra because he joined Milan (okay maybe a little hahahahah!)...

It's hard to say who is outright better. It's pretty close in my eyes, but I think Zlatan edges Villa.

Zlatan knows how to break Serie A defenses. I don't know if Villa could.

9. Pyros

Pyros Member

Sep 6, 2009
    La Coruña
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Villa knows how to break World Cup defences, I don't know if Ibra could. Oh wait, he can't :cool:

10. GiancarloC

GiancarloC Member

Sep 4, 2010
    LA, California
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Villa didn't break Germany or Holland. ;)

And don't fault Ibra for Sweden failing to get to the world cup. I still think it's a bit odd to compare the two strikers... I don't think they are alike at all...

11. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Villa is better for Barca, maybe Ibra will be better for Milan

12. Match-Debater

Match-Debater New Member

Jun 5, 2008
    One thing is for sure, when it comes to who has the biggest ego, it's a no contest.

I'm just wondering how long it'll take Ibra's agent to squeal on behalf of his prized client via the media when things don't turn out as planned for the big Swede at AC Milan.

Would be interesting to know how Inter fans feel about this & fans of calcio in general, especially considering the manner in which Zlatan insulted Italian football after he signed for Barcelona.

13. GiancarloC

GiancarloC Member

Sep 4, 2010
    LA, California
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Who is to say things won't go as planned for him in Milan? If anything he would be more suited for us.

14. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    ^

This

It comes down to the system of play. Ibra just wasn't a good fit for Barca.

15. Terrace Fan

Terrace Fan Member

Aug 18, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Preston North End FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    is this a serious question?
    Not sure exactly what Ibra has done to even be considered in this comparison.
    Two good seasons at Inter Milan compared to David Villa's resume!
    Ibra has the talent he just has a serious attitude problem.
    Villa by a country mile and a half as he can play in any system, anywhere and score goals

16. ugurbaba69

ugurbaba69 New Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Club:
    Galatasaray SK
    i think ibrahimovic is better than villa

17. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ibra is an excellent striker and scores tons of goals. But he's a choking gypsy.

In the big games Ibra will be a ghost, Villa will score. If I had to pick, Villa would be my choice.

18. libgabry

libgabry New Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Villa If I had to pick!
    But they are both about the same!!

I think Forlan is better than both of them together!

19. 4thought

4thought New Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    When Ibra's feel not quite up for it, BOY is he NOT up for it

20. GiancarloC

GiancarloC Member

Sep 4, 2010
    LA, California
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Ouch... how wrong that's been proven. ;)

Villa hasn't scored that much. Mostly Messi has been scoring for Barca.

Ibra however has been scoring quite a lot for Milan, even in big games... choking NOT!

And I was so right about him being the right player for us.

21. Gedonder

Gedonder Guest

Well, this is very difficult. Ibrahimovic basically failed at FC Barcelona, because he didn't fit in the team. Villa is the better player for Barcelona, but that doesn't mean he's better than Ibrahimovic. You can't actually compare these two guys with each other. They are different types of strikers.

22. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    But they are both strikers nonetheless, so why are they not comparable? It's not like your comparing a striker and a winger or a striker and an attacking midfielder.

23. AnxietyCoachJohn

AnxietyCoachJohn Red Card

Nov 23, 2010
    Santa Monica,CA
    I think Ibra he's amazingly good.

24. Gedonder

Gedonder Guest

They are both strikers, but they are completely different. They both have qualities that every team wishes to have in their team. But one team could use Villa better, and the other team will likely be better with someone like Ibrahimovic in their squad. It's just a matter of what kind of system the team uses.

25. Gedonder

Gedonder Guest

Maybe you should ask yourself; what if Ibrahimovic was still on the team of Barcelona and what if Villa went to Inter? Who would be better? We know that Ibrahimovic failed at FC Barcelona, but we don't know about Villa.

Villa won't probably fail, because strikers like him are everywhere. So you might think that Villa is better. He would fit in almost every single team. Ibrahimovic is alot more fun to watch, but you have to change many things on your system to see him perform well.