Who will replace Ventura ??

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by ITALIA1982, Nov 13, 2017.

1. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ouch another playoff? Italy won’t like that!

2. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Only playoffs in NL, none in euro2020 qualifying.

3. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I really don't believe anyone should be appointed until the summer and once all the changes have been done with a plan going forward in place.

I know that anyone that would be willing to take the job without these conditions met would not be the correct choice.

Calcio Pauly repped this.
  4. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #54 Pietro Calcio, Nov 25, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
    The UEFA nations league takes place before the regular euro qualifier group stage. Contrary to what others may have said , the UEFA nations league champion ( champion comes from league A only) does NOT qualify automatically to the Euro . The purpose of the nations league is to improve the overall competition , or so they say , of national team play while ALSO providing a back door entry via a playoff system later on to the Euro with an available 4 spots emerging from each league respectively ( A , B , C , D ) . However the playoff participants coming from the nations league are yet to be determined until after the regular euro qualification group stage has finished later. After the nations league is over then regular euro qualifiers will begin and as usual 20 of 24 euro spots will still go to the winners and runners up of the regular group stage of euro qualification. Now here is where the nations league comes back into play again. There will be a back door play off entry system , for the last available 4 spots , via the group winners from each of the nations leagues (A,B,C,D).... but this presents a dilemma , doesn't it right?? What if some of the nations leagues group winners have already qualified during the regular euro group stage qualifiers earlier? Well....watch the video below and it will explain....This is basically also the main point of the nations league. To allow some of the better teams , who failed to qualify , a chance again. And to also allow a small shitty footballing nation , like Luxembourg , to get in.

if the vids don't play just click on the link

Then watch this video after , as first understanding in totality how it all comes together in the end with the playoffs ( from the video above ) will then make understanding the early part of the nations league easier in my opinion.....because it will take care of the what ifs....

5. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I agree.

I would appoint Evani, a Federation coach who led the Italy youth NT to silver in the 2016 UEFA under 19s and bronze in the 2017 FIFA under 20s (and still people say there is little talent in Italy!) - until the end of the season and then - based on the agreed programme for the NT until 2022 - appoint a coach on a 4-year contract in order to avoid changing coach (again) before the WC preliminaries begin in late 2020. If Evani impresses and wants the job on a permanent basis, he should be a strong candidate.

6. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I would appoint Andrea Angnelli as a commissioner until he can setup a proper board and put plan in place.

7. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  8. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    De Biasi is now available.

9. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Ancelotti: 'Azzurri did contact me'
    By Football Italia staff
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Carlo Ancelotti confirms he was contacted by the Italian Football Federation, but leaving club football for international “would be a whole other job.”

He became the hot favourite after Giampiero Ventura was fired for failing to reach the 2018 World Cup.

“Yes, the Federation contacted me, I spoke to them. I told them what I am telling you now, that I am honoured by so many people wanting me to be the Coach of the Nazionale,” Ancelotti told La Domenica Sportiva television show.

“However, that would be like a whole other job. Being a CT is different to being a club Coach, as I still enjoy training and working every day. Italian football also has some problems that need to be resolved.

“I realise there is a conflict of interests between clubs and Federations, as there is in Germany, France and England, but right now Italian football needs the Federation to impose its power over the clubs and impose new rules to improve the situation.

“For example, I think Serie A would benefit greatly by being reduced from 20 teams to 18 and I know there are clubs who are ready to vote for that.”

Would Ancelotti return to Serie A, for example for his old club Milan?

“Over the last few months I’ve been linked to all sorts, like Croatia, Saudi Arabia, China, Milan. I have never spoken to the new Milan directors.

“I will say that Serie A is curiously the most interesting in Europe right now, as there is a lot of competition, unlike in France.”

Ancelotti was asked if he’d accept the Juventus job when offered.

“Everyone knows what my past was, so I don’t want to go against my past. I am fond of (Juventus President) Andrea Agnelli, as he was just a kid when I was there. As I said, I don’t go against my past.

“My idea is to stay still until June 30. I have a contract with Bayern Munich until then and I want to respect it. I don’t think it’d be an issue, considering unfortunately the Italy squad doesn’t have any commitments until after June.

“I simply believe that the FIGC needs to sort other issues out before it can even think about hiring a new Coach. I don’t have a problem with Tavecchio, I’ve not spoken to him directly, though I was contacted by the Federation through other figures.”

Main points:

- Wants to collect his pay cheque from Bayern
    - Wants to see change and a plan in place
    - Hasn't ruled out taking the job, but not until June (contract expires)

Pietro Calcio repped this.
  10. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I've said the same thing all along and Ancelotti is right about this....

No one should underestimated the Serie A against other leagues across Europe....

11. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yup ;)......:)........There is hope

12. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #62 falvo, Dec 3, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    Ancelotti's 4 million Euro Bayern contract runs out in June. I don't blame him for not wanting the job. Why would anyone pass up that salary for a job that isn't going to happen for another 10 months? I'm sure he will have enough time to figure it out between now and August.

No one ever does this enough but what I think should happen is whomever the next Italian national team manager is should have a stage once a month and play as many exhibition games as possible. Maybe play Serie C or B or even Serie A youth or reserves teams. It’s not for results just to try out younger players and let them create cohesion. I remember Sacchi wanted to do that when he was CT and then he quit and the concept died. The way I see it, the more a team plays together, the better understanding the players have among each other. You can argue they never needed that in the past but obviously being eliminated you can’t go by what worked before because times are changing and what worked before isn’t going to work in the future.

13. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    League A: Germany, Portugal, Belgium, Spain, France, England, Switzerland, Italy, Poland, Iceland, Croatia, Netherlands
    Do you know how the four groups of three will be determined?

14. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    A draw dude.

15. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I heard Ancelotti speaking last night on the domenica sportiva. I know its only been 3-4 weeks but it seems everyone keeps talking about the problems with the FIGC and/or Italian football in general but I still have yet heard of a solution if any. Knowing Italy, I doubt anything will change come next year this time.....

16. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    The solution is really simple. Ensuring there is no more denial about the problems is important. First part of the solution is putting a president in place that can enforce the federation rules over clubs, and will back a plan to use youth within reason. Not too complicated.

17. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Its not that simple if the clubs don't adhere or listen to the presidents decisions. If Zampa, DeLaurentis and Agnelli don't go along, you can't bet no one else will. I don't believe anything will change until I see it. Even then, I won't believe it.

18. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Give them no choice.

19. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Make Agnelli prez. Problem solved.

20. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Malesani has offered up his services.

Great press conferences:

:laugh:

Has great hair too...cazzo!

21. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Like Pauly said , a draw based on either seeded vs unseeded or probably just totally random draw

Calcio Pauly repped this.
  22. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Every other word he used the ‘c’ expression! Che risate!

23. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You know, I never cared for his style but looking at other CT’s like Vicini,Cesare Maldini and Ventura, Claudio Ranieri actually has had the most accolades as far as clubs.....

Honours
    Manager

Cagliari
    Fiorentina
    Valencia
    Monaco
    Leicester City
    Individual
    Orders

24. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
  25. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Take it with a grain of salt:

http://www.espn.com/soccer/italy/st...-with-italy-to-become-next-head-coach-reports