Who will make the Olympic Roster?

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by katie14, Jun 26, 2004.

1. TheWholeTruth

TheWholeTruth New Member

Jul 1, 2004
    Brandi should not be taking a position that a healthy player could fill. April is giving her the slot to finish her career but at the expense of another deserving player. Older players just sometimes have a hard time realizing they are done. I hope Brandi is 100% for the team but don't count on it.

2. j&bontherock

j&bontherock BigSoccer Supporter

i don't think Brandi will play in Athen at all, she has another job, an assistant to AH, i saw her wrote something & analyzed the game with AH on a certain occasion

3. impact_player

impact_player New Member

Apr 13, 2004
    The only one that should be off the team is APRIL
    She is a horrible coach; her last few seasons is proof to that. They need a coach that is open to letting the players be creative; That's the beauty of football!! Her robotic way of coaching needs a tune up.

4. CRays6

CRays6 New Member

Sep 8, 2001
    Oh, no you didn't!

Brandi is the kind of player who will leave it all on the field. She played the end of the 2003 WUSA season with a dislocated hip. How many people would be crazy enough to do that? (the papers said it's a strained quad or hamstring I can't remember exactly).

I think that you greatly underestimate her importance to this team. And that is so very, very sad. If you don't believe me catch her again in the second half of the Japan friendly from a few weeks back. That was the performance I am the most proud of in being a BCHaz fan. And it speaks volumes of where she's still at competitively.

If you want to talk about a player that doesn't belong on this team, talk about Heather Mitts.

You are so wise beyond your years, what are you like 12? Brandi is one of the game's greatest students, always analysing, always learning.....her importance to this team will live on for many years to come when she hangs up her cleats and decides to coach. Even though, she'd much rather be on the field LIVING IT!

You, you can stay, I like you......and you're right.

5. CRays6

CRays6 New Member

Sep 8, 2001
    Nobody puts Brandi in the corner!

6. rbatc

rbatc New Member

Jul 8, 2002
    San Fran. Bay Area
    Yeah, I have a little bit of experience with actual injury v. what the public is told, but I've yet to see Brandi on crutches with the most recent injury, and unless full weightbaring has suddenly become an accepted treatment wirh fractures, she doesn't have a fracture now, stress or otherwise.

Here's a hint for you...I work in Sports Medicine. I know how injuries are managed. But, hey, if you have real information, please feel free to tell us where you got it from so we can decide for ourselves if it is, in fact, reliable rather then just your opinion. Thanks.

7. TheWholeTruth

TheWholeTruth New Member

Jul 1, 2004
    Just wait and see for yourself when it becomes public. Then you too will know TheWholeTruth, Doc.

8. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Brandi belongs on the team and Mitts belongs on the team. Both will contribute. This is a good roster. The GOLD is ours!

9. sregis

sregis Member

Nov 5, 1999
    Hoboken, USA
    dear pollyanna- i shall hold you to your bold prediction.

10. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    I'm no metrosexual or doctor, but I play one in the closet, and Brandy needs a new wardrobe person!:

[​IMG]

11. TheWholeTruth

TheWholeTruth New Member

Jul 1, 2004
    You couldn't further off the target with these two!

12. j&bontherock

Why she wasn't playing in the last friendly ?? ....if she's not playing on the next july 1st friendly, i'll have every reason to believe that she's not healthy enough for the Olympic.

13. rbatc

rbatc New Member

Jul 8, 2002
    San Fran. Bay Area
    LOL...I'd be willing to bet that Fouds dared her to wear that on the show!

14. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    I heard that she didn't play not cuz of a bum foot, but cuz of a tummy ache from eating alot of candy!!!

[​IMG]

15. rbatc

rbatc New Member

Jul 8, 2002
    San Fran. Bay Area
    It's quite possible that she's good to go, and had it been a more important game, she would've played, but they are erring on the side of caution and letting her get more time off before the Olympics. Why not take that extra time when the team is playing friendlies? It serves a dual purpose of getting other defenders valuable playing time as well.

16. rbatc

rbatc New Member

Jul 8, 2002
    San Fran. Bay Area
    ROFL! You seriously woundn't believe how much junk food this team eats. It's pretty amazing.

17. FawcettFan14

FawcettFan14 Member+

Mar 19, 2004
    Colorado
    LOL! That pic is classic....totally captures the spirit of our Nats! :D

18. j&bontherock

who is the guy (or girl ?), next to Lilly ?

19. PortlandPilots15

PortlandPilots15 New Member

May 23, 2002
    My world.
    The two kids are the girls neighbors.

20. NYC ugly

NYC ugly Member

Aug 7, 2000
    Very near my computer
    With this team and clueless Ape, they'd be lucky to win BRONZE.

21. speedoblobb

speedoblobb New Member

Sep 1, 2003
    CHAPEL HILL
    I predict that the HO, if allowed to play, will provide the difference needed to win the Olympics.

22. Arcangel

Arcangel New Member

Mar 6, 2003
    Bold prediction sob. :)