who will get out of their groups?

Discussion in 'Women's World Cup' started by jd6885, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Silveradinho

Silveradinho New Member

Apr 1, 2006
    Group A
    Germany
    England

Group B
    Nigeria
    USA

Group C
    Norway
    Ghana

Group D
    China PR
    Brazil

2. toepunt

toepunt Member

Aug 24, 2003
    North America
    I totally agree with your predictions.

3. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mods - perhaps this poll should be closed since there is a more recent poll (which is also closed)?

I did a double-take when I checked the poll result, not realizing that this was the earlier poll.

4. nordby1

nordby1 Member

Sep 4, 2001
    SAN DIEGO
    Club:
    Lillestrom SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Final Group D Prediction

I've kept my same predictions for Groups A - C from day 1, but now on the eve of the opening kickoff of the 2007 WWC, I decided to change my Group D prediction one final time. :eek:

My head still says that it will be Brazil finishing first in this group, but my gut keeps telling me that China with all of their home support will play much better than expected in group play and find a way to somehow finish first. My gut is also telling me that Ouying Zhang is going to do something special for China, while Anne Dot Eggers Nielsen will also come up big for Denmark in their 3-2 victory over Brazil that will end up earning the #2 spot in Group D for the Danes. :cool:

5. nordby1

nordby1 Member

Sep 4, 2001
    SAN DIEGO
    Club:
    Lillestrom SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Re: Norway's Euro 2005 Red Jersey

If this thread gets closed kolabear then you will have to start another one for any further discussions about the "all-important jinx factor" associated with the various National Team jersies. ;)

However, in the meantime I'll take advantage of the fact that this thread is still open and mention an unusual siting of a Red Norwegian National Team Jersey that I had this afternoon. I went bowling today for the first time in over four years and right before I left I had this strong feeling that I should wear something Norwegian on the eve of the start of the WWC. I almost went with my "Good Luck" autographed Nordby 1 Norwegian National Team jersey, but at the last minute I decided that I needed to save that jersey until Wednesday so that I won’t do anything to jinx Norway before the Canada match and instead went with my '99 Man. Utd. Solskjær 20 treble jersey in honor of 20LEGEND who as many of you know retired two weeks ago (I’m still in mourning). :(

At the Kearny Mesa Bowl only about 8 miles or so from Qualcomm Stadium naturally almost all of the jersies worn were of the San Diego Charger variety, but I could scarcely believe it when I noticed a few lanes down from me someone was actually wearing a Red Norwegian National Team Jersey. :eek: It turned out the jersey was worn by a Norwegian-American teenager who spends every summer in Norway. He was apparently wearing his new Norge jersey just because it looked cool, in fact he didn’t even know the Norwegian women were playing in the WWC this week. I'm not sure if this was some sort of a good omen or what, but in the 28 years that I have lived in San Diego I honestly don't remember ever seeing someone wearing a Norwegian National Team Jersey who wasn’t either attending a special Norwegian event or a fotball/soccer match at Torero or Qualcomm Stadium…..

…..I’m rambling, it’s late…….. the WWC ’07 kickoff is now less than 4 hours away…….

HEIA NORGE!!!!! .

6. Dr. Mario86

Dr. Mario86 New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Berkeley
    Germany, Japan
    USA, Sweden
    Group C-beats me
    China, Brazil

7. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of my QF picks is out now (Japan).

Canada and China have their work cut out for them. My other 5 look safe.

8. DCUPopeAndLillyFan

Apr 20, 2000
    Colorado
    Got 7 of 8 in the right order :D (tough not picking Japan over England in Asia)

9. jd6885

jd6885 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Tacoma
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe playing in China for the Japanese isn't really much of a home field advantage, seeing as the Chinese still hate them after WWII and all.