Who will be German Strikers for WC

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Wotan, May 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychosis hsv

Psychosis hsv Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    not all the 5 stirkers get to play.Birgit Prinz is better than Kuranyi. can fifa allow klinsmann to select her

2. MicFW

MicFW Member

Jun 25, 2005
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Fortunately Podolski has regained his form just in time, so we've got a first-rate attack. As long as we don't lose both him and Klose because of injuries, it's not that big a problem who warms the bench. I'd say Asamoah and Kuranyi. Never mind who's going to be substitute no. 3, but I can't see why Hanke is even under consideration. Not a great talent in my opinion, at least not good enough to play for the nt.

3. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'll say it again, when I see Kiessling playing in the Bundesliga and Kuranyi (or Hanke, etc) then it should be obvious who has to be chosen for the NT simply because of the quality. Besides that what do you think Kiessling already weared in the U21 or U20 etc? A nightdress? And what about Lahm, Schweini, etc, they all were in the same situation as Kiessling, they sometime made their first game for the NT and I don't see why there should be any difference. Because of the WC? Germany won't win anyway no matter how is going to be the third or fourth striker, but in contrast to Neuville, Kuranyi, etc. Kiessling has a future

4. Memento

Memento New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    I just don't know why in Germany, there is no chance for surprise from young players.

Is the possibility of a Kiessling much worse than the reality of Asamoah or Kuranyi.

The national team IMO needs to take a chance with some younger players, because older andmore experienced could not be good enough.

Except for Podolski and Klose, I don't really see too much to look for.

5. Lionhead

Lionhead New Member

May 3, 2006
    Giesing Heights
    I don't share your opinion. The WC is hardly the kind of scenario to try newcomers like Kiessling. You wouldn't do him nor the NT a favour.

IMO Klinsmann should reduce to 4 forwards (Klose, Poldi, Kuranyi, Hanke) like England, Spain, Netherlands and try other options with the high scoring midfield canons Ballack and Borowski. With this there would be room for Hinkel or Hitzelsperger.

6. Bayerntone

Bayerntone Member

Nov 7, 2005
    HK
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Hinkel has been one of my favourite but his form is not better than Owomoyela who has a good season with Bremen. Hitzlsperger is not up the international level, imo. Anyway, H and H will not be picked by Klinsi in the final roster.

Hanks sucks as much as Kuranyi but the latter is not in foul trouble and gets more international experience.

7. Lionhead

Lionhead New Member

May 3, 2006
    Giesing Heights
    The options are very limited. I'd rather drop Neuville and choose a more creative and mentally stable player like Brdaric.

My point is that there is no need to have 5 forwards including waverer Neuville and waddling duck Asamoah, but instead have a creative backup option for backline/defensive midfield in Hinkel or Hitzi.

8. Wotan

Wotan New Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Philadelphia (& CAL)
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Good point! Asamoah as a "waddling duck" is quite on point. He's slow, & seems to wobble. I like your suggestion of having , say, 3 or, at most , 4 forwards, & get a good , solid, backline/defensive player. Why not e-mail Klinsi----jkjon@yahoo.com :)

9. Lionhead

Lionhead New Member

May 3, 2006
    Giesing Heights
    I've tried, but only got the automated reply:

Out of office (visiting wife in US), but back soon!
    In my absence Herr Löw will take care of all urgent matters.

10. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    :D :p

11. Bayerntone

Bayerntone Member

Nov 7, 2005
    HK
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I agree the options are extremely limited. I am not sure about Brdaric as much I am not sure about the other forwards than Klose.:(

12. Bayerntone

Bayerntone Member

Nov 7, 2005
    HK
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    He should hire a secretary to do this.

13. TheNameOfTheG..

TheNameOfTheG.. New Member

Apr 30, 2006
    Šibenik
    The fact is at the moment only Klose plays at good level. Podolski, Kurany who are young force and should be future of german atack are in bad form. I dont have faith in Asamoah neither in Neuville. Who is left?

14. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Podolski has been good in the last matches. He'll be the starter alongside Klose, i'm sure.

15. Lionhead

Lionhead New Member

May 3, 2006
    Giesing Heights
    Everybody will expect this line up. I can't see the remaining forwards getting anything else than short appearences. Klinsmann should rather take off either only for tactical switches for example to bring on an extra defender to secure a lead. Hopefully both won't receive any injuries, because there are no alternatives.

16. Psychosis hsv

Psychosis hsv Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i tip podolski to score more goals than klose and to be group A top scorer

17. athena20

athena20 Red Card

Apr 18, 2006
    after bierhoff, I think so far germany still don't have a world class striker. But I hope to see germany play Klose and Kuranyi at the front since their heading abilities is better than the podolski and neuville.

18. Lionhead

Lionhead New Member

May 3, 2006
    Giesing Heights
    Bierhoff was certainly not a world class striker. They only way he could score was with his head. He scored a couple of important goals (England 96), but by no means was he a constant force in the NT. He was a very predictable player. Most dangerous at high crosses. Klose is much more versatile. You don't need a Bierhoff kind of player when you have Klose and Podolski.

19. prymetyme

prymetyme Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Vallendar
    its going to be klose and podolski, no question.

20. Lionhead

Lionhead New Member

May 3, 2006
    Giesing Heights
    Bad news: Neuville has made the cut.

Klinsmann promotes a team of young rising stars and than he calls a 33 year old, no go, low rated blank. If we had to rely on him at any stage, then it's: good night, Germany.

21. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    The fact that we're even thinking about him, Asamoah and Kuranyi is not good.