Who Was the Best Coach in Final Round of WCQ 2014 AFC?

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by EST-06, Jun 22, 2013.

1. EST-06

EST-06 Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    I do not like to post thread at all but I was curious to know your ideas about the question I posted.

Do you think who was the best coach in final round of WCQ 2014 AFC?

Here are the list of coaches that you can choose the best coach from them in your opinion:

Alberto Zaccheroni
    Holger Osieck
    Carlos Queiroz
    Choi Kang Hee
    Paul Le Guen
    Adnan Hamad
    Mirjalol Qosimov
    Other coach

I think Zaccheroni was the best.

2. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    lol Choi at 4th u nuts?

Mudang repped this.
  3. EST-06

EST-06 Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan

That is not the ranking of the coaches. I just said I think Zaccheroni was the best. After Zaccheroni, I did not say who was the second or fourth best. That is not ranking. I would welcome to know your answer about the question.

4. Abu Dubai

Abu Dubai Member

Jun 20, 2013
    UAE: Abu Dhabi & Dubai
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    Holger Osieck, duh. :p

No really, Holger Osieck. Tim Cahill had to hug and make up after his replacement, Joshua Kennedy, scored the game-winning goal VS Iraq. It was the sign of a good coach.

5. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    i know choi was not good, but he is not as bad as the koreans make it seem here. your team cannot finish. is this chois fault? is it chois fault that your defenders cannot control simple balls? yes i know he chooses lee dong gook but that is only one player. if anything, tactically choi is not as horrible as south koreans make it seem, but i would advise him to never, ever start psychological warfare again.:D

6. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I Choose Alberto Zaccheroni.

7. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Our FORMER manager was good at managing one team and that was Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors. His system and tactics worked well with Lee Dong-Gook. That is how he won the Kleague back 2 years ago and he reached the ACL final that year too before losing out to Al-Sadd.

If anything the best manager was Zaccheroni. He was by far the most consistent coach during the WCQ.

8. Team Melli forever

Jul 11, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Zaccheroni and CQ for sure. Don't see why Osieck is there, if anything Australia regressed under him.

Umid repped this.
  9. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Osieck?

The fuu did AUS do exactly? They barely made it out of the much easier group.

10. Umid

Umid Member

Nov 4, 2012
    Tokyo-Tashkent
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    I think Zack is Ruling but he have asia's best team so my vote will go to Queiroz. Most horrible, worst BS Coach is our Chicken Kasymov!

11. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    CQ definetive. Zack even couldn't win us, also lost o N. Korea.

12. 007GS

007GS Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Carlos Queiroz. Very keen to see how Iran go in Brazil.

Osieck has left it too late to change out the oldies.

13. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Leb's coach has resigned.

CQ is the only surviving coach from start of the round in group A (Uzbeks fired their coach early in the campaign).

That says a lot.

14. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran

AIL1998, do you still want Amir Ghalenoi as coach instead of Quieroz, or have you changed your mind now? hehehe :sneaky::)

15. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

IMO Amir Ghalenoei is currently the best Iranian coach in the IPL. I like Zlatko Kranjcar too.

CQ made some weird decisions in the beginning. Ex: Trusting impotent forward like Ansarifard for full 90 minutes against Qatar in our second game of fourth round. Substituting an AM with a DM against Uzbek. However he fixed the errors for June matches and we made it.

Now I would say that we must support CQ as much as we can for the WC.

teammellieIRANfan repped this.
  16. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    ghalenoi can only perform in Iran. he is clueless about football outside the country. this guy played 3 back in 2007. 2007 asian cup was ours to win but he ensured that we did not advance with his amateur tactics and world class cluelessness.

carlos is also very overrated. tactically, we did nothing. hopefully he works on making us be able to pass because in the world cup we cannot use our individual physical advantages that only work against asian teams such as south korea.

17. Farhad Khan

Farhad Khan Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Asia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Quieroz of course. Not too long ago Iran was playing like shit from time to time and then had 7points from 5 games. Somehow managed to get Iran to win Qatar and S. Korea away and Lebanon at home and not concede a single goal. 9points. 6 goals scored. None conceded. =DQ to WC 2014 and first place in the group.

18. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I would not criticize from Zaccheroni for their away lose against North korea my dear friend Nurafshon. They beat North Korea at home. Odd results happen. Japan is currently the best team in Asia. No doubt they are currently miles ahead of others but they failed to win any match against Uzbekistan (their strongest opponent in round 3) and Australia (their strongest opponent in final round). I expected they get at least 1 point in Confederation cup but they lost all three matches.

The bolded part was the current status of our best team from our confederation and only God know what will happen to other qualified teams in next year and fifth team of Asia against Fifth team of Conmebol (beating Jordan over two leg is the only option Uzbekistan have)

My point was not talking about any coach in this comment. My point is that Asia needs improvement to avoid embarrassment in near future.