Who is the best Young Player in Concacaf

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by bballshawn, May 2, 2015.

1. Unimane

Unimane Member+

Jul 28, 2009
    Nashville
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Evidence? What evidence? I think you are taking this a little too personally because the Mexican fans have given you grief about your support for Carleton. But, no, I saw both at the u17 level and their progression and Pulisic was clearly special, better than anything I've seen from an American youth at the same age, including Carleton and Sargent.

It's not ignorance, at all. Pulisic was playing, and dominating, at the Dortmund youth ranks at 16 and playing in the Bundelsliga, and scoring, at age 17. He's ahead, and better than, Carleton, at this point, in terms of production, quality of play and performance.

2. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    #5102 ussoccer97531, Jul 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    Or maybe you are just ignorant on the situation and watching one or two games at a certain level does not qualify you to speak on this as well as people like Shawn or myself who have watched a lot more of these players at the U-17 level. Please don't try to assert that I am taking it personal. I don't take anything here personally, what I don't like is when people who have a fraction of information that I have try to assert that they know more than I do when they clearly are making a very flawed argument based on not having enough information. Less than two years ago, I was told by many people that Haji Wright was just the next Quivas Kirk or Stefan Jerome based off two U-17 games, even though if you had watched the guy more than just two games, it was a laughable claim. Now those same people cheer him and prop him up, and forget the crazy small sample comments they made. Jerome Kiessewetter, Romain Gall were supposed to be stars..............if you watched like 6 games of their career, and only those games.

Looking at your posting history in the youth section, you've made one comment in that section in the last year. I don't know, maybe you watch all these games, and just don't post, you can correct me if I'm wrong, but I've seen this argument (without actually having real info on its validity) put forth by many people who just want to believe this narrative that from the beginning that Pulisic was some incredible prodigy from day 1 who was unrivaled. Its just never been true. Wright was flat out better than Pulisic year one, Pulisic was very good his last year with the U-17's, especially at the U-17 WC, but his overall body of work there was not great, it was merely good. Frankly, if anyone takes anything personal, its those who defend Pulisic so vehemently that we are painted into a corner of "supposedly" not liking the player because we refuse to believe he's some messiah who no other player could ever reach.

And FWIW, I do not believe Carleton is currently a better prospect than Pulisic, I'm merely saying that what Shawn has said has a lot of validity to it, and a lot of people in the youth section who have watched a lot of these two say the same thing. Seems like those who haven't watched much of either at the U-17 level are mostly the ones who are sure on this.

3. Unimane

Unimane Member+

Jul 28, 2009
    Nashville
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #5103 Unimane, Jul 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
    I'm not sure what the threshold of viewing games and posting in the youth team section is for being as non-ignorant and smart as you and shawn on the topic, but I feel pretty confident in what I've seen to stand by my comments.

The comment by shawn that there was an argument to be made that Carleton is more skilled than Pulisic was at the same age. Carleton is 17, just having a birthday. I don't think him playing well in preseason games and league cup games against so-so competition is really a good argument in this regards.

4. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Different situations as I stated in my post, but if you watch both of them at the same age carleton exudes more skill, Pulisic is definitely more athletic though.

5. PaltryWings7

PaltryWings7 Member

Nov 16, 2014
    Dude, lozano, Edson Álvarez, pineda, are all better youngsters than Pulisic lol

6. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Forgot Pablo Lopez lol

7. PaltryWings7

PaltryWings7 Member

Nov 16, 2014
    Nah he hasn't progressed much

DankYummy repped this.
  8. Unimane

Unimane Member+

Jul 28, 2009
    Nashville
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now you're just being ridiculous. Only Lozano deserves to be in the discussion.

9. #Vela

#Vela Member+

Jun 25, 2015
    Lainez
    Lozano
    Pulisic

in that order.

DankYummy and It's called FOOTBALL repped this.
  10. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
  11. PaltryWings7

PaltryWings7 Member

Nov 16, 2014
    What has Pulisic actually done besides play for dortmund? He's just a rotational player while the players I've mentioned have been important for liga mx finalists the past year

It's called FOOTBALL repped this.
  12. Unimane

Unimane Member+

Jul 28, 2009
    Nashville
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're joking, right? Pulisic played in nearly every game this year for the quarterfinalist in the Champion's League, scoring the decisive goal to send Dortmund past Benfica in the Round of 16 and had 7 goals with 12 assists during the season. That is significantly more impressive than whatever was done by guys in the Liga MX finals.

I know this "just a rotational player" line has caught steam with the Mexican posters here, but it's still beyond stupid. It suggests the kid plays sporatically for Dortmund and that isn't true. He played nearly every game, and had 22 starts, for a team well beyond what Alvarez and Pineda were playing. Those two wouldn't sniff the field for Dortmund.

bballshawn repped this.
  13. #Vela

#Vela Member+

Jun 25, 2015
    Pulisic is highly overrated by nad fans.

sidspaceman, JRB92, Lukato and 2 others repped this.
  14. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Ironic coming from a guy who just said lainez is better than pulisic and lozano

15. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Having the best young player means nothing if you can't win this current garbage Bootleg Gold Cup.

I'll let the naddies have the best young player for the rest of eternity if it means we'd do better at the WC every cycle.

But again, this current GC is that copy of Makaveli you find at the swap meet on some memorex tape where it says "toopack" written in Bic pen. Mexico is not supposed to win since our A team went to the CC. The nads have the advantage over all other teams due to population, so it's a gigantic L if they don't win this Bootleg Swap Meet Imitation GC.

16. PaltryWings7

PaltryWings7 Member

Nov 16, 2014
    Yea and then what happened when the injured players came back? Oh yeah, he went back to the bench.

17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Davies just scored vs CR, his 3rd GC goal!!! 3 goals in 2 games
    3 goals in 3 games for Canada! A 1 goal ratio!!

DankYummy, Overachiever and PaltryWings7 repped this.
  18. PaltryWings7

PaltryWings7 Member

Nov 16, 2014
  19. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

Time to have that serious conversation. At 16 he's lifting a mediocre team on his shoulders past Costa Rica. Pulisic is talented but he ain't even close to lift Dortmund or the US teams on his shoulders.

Davies has a higher ceiling that Pulisic. I say Lainez has the pure raw skills.

Mr. Pink, DankYummy and Ger90 repped this.
  20. JRB92

JRB92 Member+

Sep 23, 2009
    Kid is legit.

LOL

Mr. Pink, DankYummy and Ger90 repped this.
  21. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    wow good job, he is just 16 years old, alot earlier than Pulisic debuted, but Davies is also scoring, hes going to be a great player for you guys

DankYummy and Ger90 repped this.
  22. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Davies > Carleton

Carleton who hasnt even debuted for his club team while Davies has and scored for his NT team, really no argument there

sidspaceman, Mr. Pink, DankYummy and 2 others repped this.
  23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    he also has been a huge nuisance towards the CR defense with how he's so fast and almost made it in solo a few times with his dribbling past players.

DankYummy repped this.
  24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    you were saying.:D

DankYummy and Robert Borden repped this.
  25. #Vela

#Vela Member+

Jun 25, 2015

In order starting with the best

Lainez
    Lozano
    Davies
    Pulisic

DankYummy and It's called FOOTBALL repped this.