Who is the best Young Player in Concacaf

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by bballshawn, May 2, 2015.

1. #Vela

#Vela Member+

Jun 25, 2015

[​IMG]

DankYummy repped this.
  2. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I think you are conflated message board hype with fanbase hype. Average young mexicans have like 300k views on their youtube highlight videos. You guys lose it at the sight of a decent player under 19.

3. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    What I am saying is that Pulisic had it easier, if that was Lainez in his shoes, Lainez would of done way better than Pulisic, knowing that Lainez has a higher ceiling the Pulisic lol

4. Unimane

Unimane Member+

Jul 28, 2009
    Nashville
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And, you have no way of knowing this because there's been nothing to suggest that Lainez is in any way better than Pulisic.

5. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Can't we simply enjoy that such a young talent as Davies is currently in MLS and will def give the league a nice amount of $$$ when he's sold.

I can't recall the last big Canadian transfer abroad or Canadian MLS player transferring abroad.

Ger90 repped this.
  6. salvikicks

salvikicks Member+

Mar 6, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And you're basing this on hypotheticals?

bballshawn repped this.
  7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Puli is ancient, he's almost 19. Jeez such an old geezer, not sure how he would fit best young player, when his time has come?:p

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  8. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    you can tell just by player evaluation, how are you going to tell me that when Pulisic had it easier than Lainez, he had no contract with a club no type of agreement so he was able to leave with ease as in with Lainez's case he is currently tied to a PROFESSIONAL club so its alot harder for him to just leave like Pulisic did, again I can bet that if Lainez's was in Pulisic's shoes, Lainez would do better

9. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    On facts, both players have different situations

DankYummy repped this.
  10. salvikicks

salvikicks Member+

Mar 6, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Prognosticating possible scenarios based on guessing games. If Donovan had stayed in Germany instead of getting homesick... blah blah blah, it's all hypothetical.

11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    didn't it also make it easier on Puli having European familial connection from Croatia?

12. salvikicks

salvikicks Member+

Mar 6, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes he got a EU passport through Croatia.

13. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    But Lainez gets the benefit of the doubt because hes in reality been and still is in a tough situation

DankYummy repped this.
  14. salvikicks

salvikicks Member+

Mar 6, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Every youth player in North America is in a tough situation in comparison.

15. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    North America? no I dont believe it, up until now its been very easy for an American kid to leave for Europe, not much holding him back, plus even if they were under contract with a professional club the price tag and back and forth negotiations are tough at all, in Mexico its the complete oppisite

PaltryWings7 and DankYummy repped this.
  16. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    It's a big plus certainly but Pulisic managed to get on the field and prove his worth above other European kids in Dortmund's academy. He's earned his minutes and his play speaks for itself.

Lainez is a top prospect for Mexico but he ain't gonna follow the Pulisic route. He will follow the typical path for Mexicans to get to Europe. He will continue to prove himself in LigaMX and eventually get on the field for the NT followed by a transfer abroad. He's still a year or two away from a feasible move to Europe.

17. salvikicks

salvikicks Member+

Mar 6, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look up Josh Sargent, has to wait a year until he can go to Werder Bremen, Kansas City has his rights, Haji Wright had to go play for the damn Cosmos until he was 18, Weston Mckinnie also had to wait. Plus wasn't liga mx suppose to be sooo much better than MLS, surely staying there a few extra years won't hinder their ability.

18. #Vela

#Vela Member+

Jun 25, 2015
    Pulisic is good and all but he lacks the "IT" factor that Lainez has. Therefor, Lainez has a higher ceiling if he pants out.

DankYummy and It's called FOOTBALL repped this.
  19. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    What "it" factor? Is the lack of end product part of the "It" factor

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  20. Unimane

Unimane Member+

Jul 28, 2009
    Nashville
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's just nonsense, as bad as the hype that Carleton is better than Pulisic was at this age, too (He's not). You can't express in real terms why he's better than Pulisic, so you just go with the vague "it factor" hype because he's Mexican and you want him to be better. At this point, the only Mexican (or American, Canadian, Costa Rican or any Concacaf) young player in the discussion with Pulisic is Lozano. Those are the only two I've seen perform on a high level, though Pulisic has done it in a more competitive environment. The rest will get their shot at the throne, but the best young player in the region is Pulisic with an argument to be made for Lozano.

21. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Hard to compare pulisic and carleton at this age, but a legitimate argument can be made that carleton is more skilled than pulisic at the same age.

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  22. Unimane

Unimane Member+

Jul 28, 2009
    Nashville
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think so. Pulisic was a beast at the u17 age group, an absolute stud with 28 goals in 34 matches, went right into the Dortmund system tearing up their youth teams at age 16 and was playing with their first team at, roughly, the same age Carleton is now. Meanwhile, Carleton is still in the youth ranks with Atlanta. Carleton is very young and looks like a player with a lot of potential, but I totally disagree with the idea that he is in the same vicinity as Pulisic was at the same age.

23. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    He had first team playing time handed to him on a silver platter without earning it, he played poorly, and still got it, they are giving him more, despite playing poorly.

Tough situation? Maybe, I don't know him, can't speak to other tough situations he might have, but certainly not with getting first team opportunities with his club team.

24. Unimane

Unimane Member+

Jul 28, 2009
    Nashville
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I don't know why Lainez was in a tougher spot than a 16 year old kid showing up in another country and culture, trying to make the squad for one of the better teams in the world.

I think ...In My Defense, as usual, has the most reasonable take on the matter. Lainez is a good player and will get his shot in Europe, no doubt. That's not disagreeable, at all. The plugging of him as the best young player and most upside without having done much of anything is a little bit silly, at this point, though.

Wait until he's 18 and not starting every match for Atletico Madrid or whoever like Pulisic wasn't for Dortmund and the silly season will probably continue.

25. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    #5100 ussoccer97531, Jul 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    This is pure ignorance.

First of all, I don't think anyone has said Carleton will definitely be a better footballer eventually than Pulisic or anything like that. When you are comparing two very good players at a similar level, you can't be sure, but Carleton has performed better at the U-17 level than Pulisic. Its hard to deny that. A lot of people forget that Pulisic was not even the clear best player in his age group until the end of his stint with the U-17's. Wright outplayed him the first year of the cycle. Pulisic made big improvements the second year, which is what a lot of people forget (or they don't know and just act like experts on a situation they paid no attention to). From game 1, Carleton was the clear best U-17 player, and it was not close. People have tried to prop up others to make it a competition, and some others have definitely made improvements, he has always been the clear best player in his U-17 cycle, he has always had the biggest impact on games for the U-17's.

Pulisic was one of many the first year and wasn't the team's best player, became the man the second year. Carleton was the man from game 1, so if we are to compare them for the U-17's, Carleton has been better. At the same time, you are also ignoring clear evidence that Carleton has been suppressed by Martino, despite performing better than Martino's foreigners. In all competitions between preseason, MLS, league cup, he has played about 250 minutes in 5 matches, has 1 goal and 2 assists, and in only three of those games did he get significant playing time. All three of those games, he was the best player on the field, he's backed it up with end product. He's not like one of these hype machines with Lainez or Davies who get spoon fed minutes without performing. He performs, but he doesn't really get a chance to perform because Martino has used Atlanta as a team to showcase foreigners for a move to Europe, and is actively suppressing the most talented young attacker in MLS who happens to be American. So thats a terrible argument, unless you totally just ignore all the evidence in front of you. Martino has been caught out as a complete fraud.

And thats not to say he is currently better than Pulisic or will be better, but he was better than Pulisic at the U-17 level and has a higher skill level. Different players though, hard to compare. Someone said recently (I forget who exactly) that so many US fans have started turning on tons of other US players to prop up Pulisic. Every player is compared to Pulisic, every player has to be mentioned in a negative light compared to him. He's great, no one denies that, but Pulisic is not a god-like figure. Like all these young players, he still has to earn his way to a higher level.