Who Is The Best Brazil Player Since Ronaldo/Ronaldinho?

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Daniel96, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Uh huh. When you just say that everyone is fluke/nothing, I can't really answer. I mean I think those countries have high quality football culture (of which the all-time number of World Cup wins/top fours is not the only test), you apparently disagree and I'm fine with it.

2. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The measure of success is winning. If you haven't won than you can't be measured as the ones who have it.

3. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Thanks again man, im going to use it now for the Santos vs Paulista game since Australia isnt broadcasting it on TV, it seems preety good.
    And which one is the best out of those 2 links?

And I get all the kick-off times from Soccerway.

4. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I cant believe Neymar isnt playing today :(

does anyone know when he will play?

5. Ribo_2006

Ribo_2006 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Uk
    Lmao, the kid needs rest and alot of it. He played well over 60 or 70 games in 12 months, an insane amount.

6. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If everything goes well, Neymar, Ganso and co. will play next thursday. By law they must have 30 days of vacation ( their last game was december 18th, so they came back at January 18th) and they must do some pre-season training to avoid any injuries through the season, that's why they are only going to play now in the 4th round of the Paulistão.

7. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    So Neymar wont be playing against Palmeiras on Monday?

8. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

9. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Lucas Moura is also very good like Neymar, he reminds me of Brazil Ronaldo and Messi.

He was offered to be the captain for Sao Paulo since Rogerio Ceni and L.Fabiano are injured, but Lucas says hes too young to captain Sao Paulo. http://www.sambafoot.com/en/news/28032_lucas__i_m_too_young_to_captain_sao_paulo.html
    Lucas is a very humble soccer player.

He scored 2 great goals the other day.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx55tVjhwoU"]São Paulo 2 x 1 São Caetano - Golaço do Lucas 2.Tempo - Paulistão 2012 - 28/01/2012 - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhTgorgi7ns"]Golaço de Lucas - Oeste 2 x 3 São Paulo - Campeonato Paulista 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Lucas also done a Lambreta the other day
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv2rIJvg-A8"]Lambreta de Lucas contra São Caetano - Paulistão 2012 - 28/01/12 - YouTube[/ame]

10. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  11. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  12. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Again, I'm not arguing against who has the best all-time record. Also, I too think that those statistics mean a lot. However, when we talk about who "rules" I think it's fair to first define what we mean by "ruling". All-time situation? Then, obviously, Brazil. The team who "rules" in a sense that they are currently/the last few years been the best team? Spain.

Those statements are debatable, especially the 2010. It's difficult not to have biased views, but I suppose player-by-player most would place Spain above Brazil.

Absolutely. Also: I don't think the result of 2014 changes anything as Brazil is always gonna be one of the very tops.

13. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    There has also been rumors of Real Madrid and Chelsea trying to get Lucas Moura, but Lucas will stay in Brazil with Neymar until around 2013/2014.

14. 0-Point

0-Point Member

Jun 5, 2004
    Quantum flux
    Good. Oscar should do the same.

15. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    I think even player-by-player isn't necessarily the best way to judge a team. Oddly enough, I think that the 2006 Brazil team was one of the best teams, talent-wise, that Brazil ever put out. BUT, it was an unbalanced team at that and you could see the fatal flaws from a mile away. (Obviously, Spain's 2010 team was as talented but more balanced). The 2010 Brazil team may have been less talented, on a player-by-player basis, but Dunga was able to maximize all that relatively limited talent into a very strong, coherent, machine. And honestly, I would take this 2010 team, still, over many other Brazil teams of recent memory. Including what we have today.

You really have to look at how the players fit into the general tactical scheme. I mean, by the time Brazil faced Holland, they had lost their two most important midfielders in Elano, through injury, and Ramires, through suspension. One was a starter and the other was a reserve, depending on the opponent. Imagine if Spain lost Xavi/Iniesta and then a reserve, like Cesc. The team would be completely decimated and I highly doubt they would have defeated any of their opponents without those 2, as strong as their team is. It was hard enough at 100%; imagine without them. Obviously, Xavi/Inesta and Cesc are more talented than Elano and Ramires, but it's how they fit into their respective teams.

These days, you really just have to hope you dont lose important players to suspension, especially once you get to the knock-out round. I think the top teams can afford to lose a central defender and a forward in a tournament, but losing a key midfielder (and in some rare cases, two), and you're pretty much doomed. France 2002 and no Zidane is a perfect example of this too. Their core was essentially the same in 2006 and with a healthy Zidane, they made it to the final. How did they lose that game again? Oh right, by losing their most important midfielder. :D

Whatever, this is just a random aside.

As to answer the question, I don't really think it's a hard one. Look at the direction Brazil has been going since the days of original Ronaldo. It's been getting more defensive and physical. Our best and most consistent players, outside of this winger/attacking midfield renaissance of late, have been these defensive beasts. And that really leaves only one truly complete, dominant Brazilian to have come since Ronaldinho -- Thiago Silva.

16. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Oh, I absolutely agree that player-by-player isn't the way to think how good teams really are. Also, teams' quality shouldn't be seen as the same as the ideal starting XI quality, as injuries and suspensions always happen to everyone.

World Cup is also a tricky competition in a way so much is decided by so few matches. Would be totally different to decide the world championship through a league system or a double-legged matches after group phase (that said, I'm not against the current format of WC).

17. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    right now i think hulk is the best brazilian player although he doesnt get the recognition.. the way he's scoring for porto is on par with messi and ronaldo.. he should be moving soon to another league

18. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I see Hulk going to the EPL. Would actually be a good move for him.

19. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Nah man, #1 Brazil player today is Neymar without a doubt.
    2nd is out of Hulk, Lucas Moura or Thiago Silva.

20. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    hard to say. hulk was terrible in this year's champions league and they were eliminated as a result. he's had a decent season so far. not playing as well as last year.

21. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    I wouldn't put that on Hulk. They lost a few players from last year, including Falcao. And AVB bolted to Chelsea. Hulk actually played very well. He was their only offensive threat and scored 4 of their 6 goals. The games I watched, he looked very good, but his lack of support was laughable.

22. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    neymar has more hype and recognition but he is not better than hulk... if hulk was playing in brasil or another big club he would be bigger than neymar... neymar is big and loved because he's at santos and signed to stay there till 2014

23. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ive seen both of them play and in my opinion Neymar is better than Hulk, and Neymar will get heaps better within the next 5 years which will be when he hits his prime years.
    Hulk is 25 years old in his prime right now, while Neymar is only 19 years old.

Neymar is a player that will become on the same level as players like Ronaldo 9, Ronaldinho and Messi if every thing goes right and he reaches his potential.
    Hulk is just a ordinary World Class player like David Villa and Rooney.

24. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I think Hulk is better than Neymar right now. But it is true that Neymar might become substantially better than he is now, while it's hard to see Hulk becoming clearly better than nowadays (although a move to a better team/league could make him better). Then again, Neymar might not. So we'll just see.

As for "ordinary World Class players" like Villa and Rooney compared with Neymar and Hulk, well, Villa and Rooney are both indeed World Class players whereas Hulk has very, very hard time being on their level and Neymar won't be considered a flop a single bit if he reaches their level someday but not the level of Messi, Ronaldo9, Dinho etc.

25. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Neymar is already better than Hulk, Villa and Rooney.
    Dont you think Neymar will reach the level of Messi, Ronaldo 9 and Ronaldinho?
    Neymar is already in the TOP 5 today.