Who is the best Asian footballer of all time?

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by Bayani, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Bayani

Bayani New Member

Sep 28, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Cha Bum-kun
    Ali Daei
    Nakata
    Karimi, nicknamed the 'Maradona of Asia'
    Park Ji-sung
    Kagawa
    Anyone else..

My vote goes to Ali Karimi who probably was the best in Asia technically.
    What do you guys think about Asia's best talents and who is your best asian player?

2. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I feel Mehdi Mahdavikia deserves consideration. I follow the Bundesliga and was always impressed by him.
    And this one is long before our time but Paulino Alcántara was Barcelona's all-time leading scorer (369 goals in 357 matches) until Lionel Messi passed his mark.

But I would go with Cha Bum-kun.

3. LegendarySunrise

Jan 26, 2016
    New York
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #3 LegendarySunrise, Oct 20, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
    For me, it is Nakata and Park Ji Sung. Nakata at his prime had an unbelievable attacking talent and and technique for an asian player. He was even fighting end to end with Totti, who has been long been considered the king of AS Roma and a symbol of the city, for a starting place at his prime. Never have I seen an asian player who could have rivaled his flair and attacking talent. Please never use Nakamura, Ono, Karimi, Kagawa or Honda to compare to Nakata, Never! Not Even Close! For me, the next best Japanese player after Nakata is Endo Yasuhito.

On the other hand, Park Ji Sung had a brilliant career in Man Utd, winning title after title. Park may have been the only Asian player up to date who could stay in a top european team for so long. That in a way says something about his ability and winning mentality.