Who is the "A" broadcast team for univision now?

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by texanballer, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Kikin is a good color commentator

manuel sol as well

CyberAce100 repped this.
  2. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  3. Talisman

Talisman Member+

Aug 5, 2011
    Stamford, CT
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Don Boppero 3000 and LGRod repped this.
  4. Atlas10

Atlas10 Member+

Jun 18, 2005
    high in the sky!
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    they are all trash........

AMLO2018 repped this.
  5. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    LGRod and Rebaño_Sagrado repped this.
  6. Don Boppero 3000

Jan 15, 2001
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Elba Navarro ain't got shit Lindsay Cassanilli..

[​IMG]

^^that safe landing. .

LGRod, Colima24, Kaney and 2 others repped this.
  7. texanballer

texanballer Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Univision all star copa america commentary team headlined by the return of Jose Luis Chilavert

SGuerrilla and CyberAce100 repped this.
  8. Milk!

Milk! Member

Jan 6, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    "Si, si"

sizal9, LGRod, SGuerrilla and 4 others repped this.
  9. josescorp

josescorp Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I still remember during the 2010 WC this dude used to butcher a bunch of players' names. " Robbie Van Pierce" lol

beat junky repped this.
  10. ninjew

ninjew Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Discordia 2.0
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I can't believe how many of you like Pablo Ramirez. Dude is garbage. I hate that he's always trying to get replays of inconsequential shit. I mean, once it's fine, but dude goes over it a bunch of times. And then he gets in his low analytical voice like he's some rare connoisseur of the intricacies of the sport. He sounds like an elitist asshole... but he only sounds like it.

Reminds me of that Colombian on BeIn that's always shitting on Vela.

LGRod, Ron Mexico, beat junky and 4 others repped this.
  11. TGO

TGO Member+

Jul 4, 2011
    Ramirez and and every NADvision commentators out there are fkin terrible. Martinoli and his crew are borderline unwatchable as well -- how much shit they talk about during the game isn't funny..like at all. In matter in fact, most Spanish-speaking commentators who commentate on the Mexican NT is pretty bad. There is a reason why I switch over watching the Mexican NT in English first. I'm so glad that Mexico's Copa America games are covered with FS1.

Ron Mexico, beat junky and ninjew repped this.
  12. ninjew

ninjew Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Discordia 2.0
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Honestly there's no good commentators out there. lol The guys on FS1 sound like they're at a funeral.

blue4211 and TGO repped this.
  13. TGO

TGO Member+

Jul 4, 2011
    The commentators from FS1 are usually ex-nad players or commentators that usually commentate for nad games. With that being said, they actually done a pretty good job at being impartial whenever they commentate for the Mexican NT games. As long as they commentate on the game and not put themselves ahead of the action (aka most Mexican NT-commentators), I'm fine with that.

One of the few Spanish-speaking commentator that I like is John Laguna. That guy goes HARD for Mexican players and does a pretty damn good job balancing his ideas and words together. Whenever he commentates for a game that contains a Mexican player, he has always been pro-Mexico. Even though he is pro-Mexico, you never sense that he is an entirely large homer though. The guy is simply giving the well deserve props to the player.

14. Don Boppero 3000

Jan 15, 2001
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #189 Don Boppero 3000, Jun 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
    FS1!

smh..

FS1!

English-speaking announcers..

not even @Kaney would go there..

FS1!

lmao..

Fernando Fiore en inglés. .

ok that's beyond turrible.

imma be alright.

Mr. Pink, Colima24, Mejia FC and 6 others repped this.
  15. ninjew

ninjew Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Discordia 2.0
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Ufff que asco.

16. Don Boppero 3000

Jan 15, 2001
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    you all could at least do like @Rafael Hernandez and listen to some music rather listening to that fs1 nonsense.

word on the streets is my guy rafita listens to Sandy y papo tumingbout nothing beats the 90s..

ya tu sabes mang..

bop sky points qepd papo!!

CyberAce100, Colima24 and LGRod repped this.
  17. TGO

TGO Member+

Jul 4, 2011
    fs1 is a lot better than all of those self-serving, Spanish speaking announcers. Those guys would rather hear their own voices than pay attention to the action on the field.

Fiore sucks btw in any language.

Ron Mexico repped this.
  18. Don Boppero 3000

Jan 15, 2001
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm a big fan of Pablo Ramirez and his calls are great. ..

Tubo poste metal..

these english guys are mimicking baseball pbp guys which doesn't suit the way I was raised watching the game. it's lacks passion and some of the stupidity that I've grown to love.

Martinoli is too much of that. I agree there. Im not a fan Bermudez but I can deal with it..

LGRod, SGuerrilla and slkdave repped this.
  19. SGuerrilla

SGuerrilla Member+

Sep 8, 2014
    en la cueva
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think that dude just shits on Mexicans in general (and is an asshole with his Spaniard co-commentator). A while back I posted an exchange he had with some Mexican duse who also worked at bein, they were beefin on twitter. Talmbout how Memo is shit because of no play time, and how Vela is mediocre (this was sometime back in December maybe, idk). Mexican dude chimes in and criticizes him for being impartial. Colombian dude still shits on Vela. Mexican dude comes back with "Jackson couldn't even last longer than 6 months at Atleti. He ran to China". Lols were had.

I concur. He is one of the few tolerable spanish announcers. Stoichkov, the Chilean on Univision and the Salvi on BeIN are good.

TGO and ninjew repped this.
  20. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    I just saw they have Fernando Fiore in Fox Sports1. His jokes must be worse in English.

21. ninjew

ninjew Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Discordia 2.0
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Just look at the pre-show right now and tell me Pablo Ramirez is not a magnificent dumbass.

22. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Wut?

:sick::thumbsdown:

Colima24, LGRod and Rebaño_Sagrado repped this.
  23. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    en la cueva

Colima24, sizal9, LGRod and 5 others repped this.
  24. Don Boppero 3000

Jan 15, 2001
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    que vale verga fiore!

Mr. Pink, Colima24, LGRod and 4 others repped this.
  25. blue4211

blue4211 Member

Jul 22, 2012
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I agree John Laguna is easily the best Spanish announcer, he was great with Christian Bozzo years ago. Now with Trujillo I think that Laguna and Trujillo are the best in English or Spanish with their knowledge of the players and game. They don't rely on stereotypes when describing players and teams, they actually do research and watch the games and use that knowledge in their announcing.
    Univision has some good people but having so many people announce each game makes it terrible listening. Pablo Ramirez is good but his schtick makes it unlistenable at times, Bracamontes refuses to criticize anyone, Luis Omar and Perez Navarro are solid and if they have a good color commentator they can be very good. Bermudez I know has a good reputation but he also refuses to criticize anyone, he always seems to be trying to pump everyone up like they are the best ever. Enrique Borja is pretty good, I like Felix because he criticizes players (maybe not goalkeepers), Stoichkov and Balboa are ok nothing special except that Stoichkov can be unpredictable which makes him fun to listen to. I remember being impressed with Chilavert at the World Cup hopefully that continues.
    As for Telemundo, Andres Cantor is great at calling a game but he complains too much about the referees. Cantor and Alejandro Blanco were unlistenable because they just complained about the ref's. I didn't get a chance to watch a lot of games this season, but I remember being impressed with Carlos Hermosillo and Manuel Sol, I thought they were great and we all know Hermosillo doesn't bite his tongue even though I don't always agree I admire him for giving his opinion.
    By the Way: I haven't listened to it but they did a podcast with Richard Deitsch from SI where he interviews Fiore, and a few months back he did a podcast with Cantor that was really good.

SGuerrilla, TGO and beat junky repped this.