Who is more butthurt over Portugal's Euro 2016 win?

Discussion in 'Portugal: National Teams' started by ---Z---, Jul 20, 2016.

?

Who is most butthurt over Portugal winning Euro 2016?

1. The English - the anglo media always hates on Portugal and they have zero euro cups still.

14 vote(s)
    42.4%
  2. The Dutch - at least they weren't here to lose to us again

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The French - thought they had it in the bag, but C'est la vie

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. The Germans - Aryan nation destroyed so soon after a victorious WC

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  5. The Jews - angry their control of the media couldn't stop Portugal from winning

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Americans/Canadians - angry their ESPN/TSN soccer analysts got it so wrong

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  7. The Spaniards - as many titles as they may have won, nobody came close to CRITIANO

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Italian - Canadians - Its okay, still got four stars bro!!!

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  9. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Im trying to figure it out, its tough.

which group do you think is most butthurt from Portugal's win?

2. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    From what i've seen, German fans for some reason seem very angry.
    The English & North American media as well.

That's about it.

I wonder why....Could it be that Ou Norte Cagou?

Spaniards (aside from Catalonian's) are generally very happy that the trophy stayed in the Iberian Peninsula and went to Cristiano. They wanted to see him have success on the national level. I'm sure if they wanted to be dethroned by anybody, it would have rather been to us.

joaommx, RedBullSeven, NewLaw83 and 2 others repped this.
  3. artielange84

artielange84 Member+

Aug 7, 2014
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    by far and away the french, theres guys at work that avoid me now

4. NewLaw83

NewLaw83 Member+

Jun 3, 2015
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I will say its a tie between Americans/Canadians and the English. But I voted for the Americans/Canadians since I live here in the states and been hearing about it since Portugal won.

The Americans/Canadians are mad because they don't understand tactical/smart soccer and think that Portugal is a one man team with no other talent.

The English because, as we all know, just plain hate Portugal for losing to them in recent tournaments in the knock out stages.

I would also include Argentina as an honorable mention as well. I think many people are upset to see Messi not have a trophy for his country while Ronaldo finally got his.

5. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I love
    Going in other forums and ending my
    Post with

Campeoes Campeoes Campeoes !!!!

6. raviept

raviept Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Braga
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I think the french respect us, but deep down they are always condescending and feel superior due to past results (and other things). So, I don't think they really hate us, aside from a few idiots; they are just shocked and will never look at us in the same way. It's really the neutrals who look at this tournament from a pure entertainment perspective who loath teams like Portugal. They prefer lots of goals, even if it means poor tactics. Germans, French, Italians, English, and Spaniards all understand how much it means to win a tournament like this for an European nation, so they understand the defensive approach when it works. From the listed options, only the Northern Americans fit my description, but I could add others. Though, I have to say that the French and English media were the worst throughout the tournament, but in the end they did shut up.

JoseEmidio, ---Z--- and artielange84 repped this.
  7. Michael F

Michael F Member

Jun 22, 2016
    United States, NJ
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I feel like the English are the ones that hate us the most. I feel like they think they are superior to Portugal and they have always been even when we knock them out of tournaments (because of luck in there opinions). It must be awful listening to the media and hearing how good your chances are at winning every single tournament and playing garbage futebol at every single tournament instead. They get so hyped up thinking they are good only to realize the media is so biased towards them for no reason and finally coming to the conclusion there team is just bad.

NewLaw83 repped this.
  8. raviept

raviept Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Braga
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #8 raviept, Jul 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    But most of you live in North America, so you get a different perspective. I bet that if you ask a Portuguese, he will say France. The worst articles against Portugal were written by them, like that one calling us disgusting. However, I really think that they, like the English, ended up admitting Portugal's merit. The real butthurts are those neutrals who care only about players, in particular Ronaldo and Pepe haters.

NewLaw83 repped this.
  9. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    That Marco guy should of been a option to select. Lol.

NewLaw83 repped this.
  10. theFOOTBALLlover

FC Porto, SC Freamunde & Fraser Park FC
    Jan 17, 2015
    Sydney
    What about the English guy called James DW. He disappeared for days after we won. I don't know if he has returned.

---Z---, artielange84 and NewLaw83 repped this.
  11. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    The frenchie thought they had it in the bag. The English hate us because they can't beat tiny Portugal.

theFOOTBALLlover and NewLaw83 repped this.
  12. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    No need to add salt to their wounds. Okay, j/k. Definitely the French, we were underdogs and the media underestimated us big time.

13. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    English Anglo media and Canadian/American Anglo Saxons. The English tell them how to feel, and since independent thought is rare, they go with it. Portugal is a team that "rubs them the wrong way". Look at the sportsnet picks before Euro started. Basically everyone that has to puts on spf 100 to walk in the sun for 10 minutes, picked us to lose.

Paposeco, ---Z--- and NewLaw83 repped this.
  14. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Picked the French because they lost on home soil. But I was seriously debating the English as they just have it out for us since '04

15. portugamerifinn

portugamerifinn Member+

Feb 22, 2005
    Bay Area / London
    I voted for the North American crowd. For whatever reason, U.S. fans hold up their performance against that shell of a Portugal team they couldn't even beat in 2014 as some sort of proof that American soccer is right there with Portugal even as Portugal wins the Euro, reaches youth final after youth final, has a wealth of talent in the 17-25 range, and the U.S. starts a Beckerman/Bradley/Zardes/Zusi midfield in a tournament match against Argentina. And because the U.S. only competes outside of CONCACAF once every four years (maybe three years on average if you count the occasional Copa America or Confederations Cup) they place way too much value in the WC alone.

Then there are the lazy stereotypes they steal from the British media about Portugal and Ronaldo, who they still insist does nothing but whine and play act in spite of not doing that stuff egregiously in ages. You'd think the U.S. fans wouldn't hold anything against Portugal because of 2002/2014, but for some reason they have a huge chip on their shoulder that allows them to simultaneously bash Portugal and prop them up as an example of the U.S. team's quality at the same time. They're the worst combination of oblivious yet supremely confident in their knowledge and overly ambitious. It's fine, guys, the U.S. doesn't have to be the best and won't be any time soon. Relax and enjoy playing Panama 37 times during WC qualifying.

As for the others:
    I think the French know they blew it.
    I think the English know they're the butt of jokes and have themselves to worry about.
    I think the Dutch are probably annoyed, but how mad can you be when you didn't qualify?
    I think the Germans are locked in a bunker somewhere making plans to win the 2018 WC.
    I think the Spanish have had enough success for a lifetime.
    I think the Italians are mad about whatever just happened in their lives two seconds ago that they can get way too loud about.

NewLaw83 repped this.
  16. artielange84

artielange84 Member+

Aug 7, 2014
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    [​IMG]

Paposeco and NewLaw83 repped this.
  17. NewLaw83

NewLaw83 Member+

Jun 3, 2015
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That last sentence nailed it!

Paposeco and ---Z--- repped this.
  18. NewLaw83

NewLaw83 Member+

Jun 3, 2015
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Spot on!

19. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    this is epic and signature material. Mind if I put it in my sig? Ill credit you for it. Should be the tag line of our forum.

artielange84, NewLaw83 and Nani_17 repped this.
  20. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Haha, of course, just correct the Grammer.

NewLaw83 repped this.
  21. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    The fake Italians in Woodbridge by far. I know a few Woodbridge Italians who actually go to Italy and speak Italian and congratulated Portugal on the win but I am talking about the 95% of the "Italians" who don't speak a word and never go but go on and on about how Italian they are. I heard many were PISSSSED when Portugal won. Which is hilarious since Italians in Italy were pulling for Portugal to win as they have a rivalry with France LOL.

Paposeco, JoseEmidio and NewLaw83 repped this.
  22. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    When I went to Florence, told our taxi driver we were Portuguese, I thought he would give me a BJ on the spot but the dude was a hardcore Fiorentina supporter with a flor de Lille tattoo on his neck So that explains it. I had similar reaction in Rome. Italians love us pork chops and vice versa.

23. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I was listening to z103 radio they sounded pretty butt hurt we were in the final when we beat Wales

They also said how Italy should have brought giovinco. These clowns actually think having a mls player on the squad would give them a chance of being Campeoes

Stopped listening to that station since I heard their Butthurt , d bags were calling in like "bro France gonna win bro!!!"

24. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    DJ Danny D and the Tony Monaco are the only Italians on that station and neither of them are experts despite Danny D being Juve fan. Everyone else including the hammer know nothing. Who cares what they say on their station.

25. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I'm just reading FourFourTwo magazine and they have a big 10-15 page spread about the euros documenting every game etc

It's the single most biased thing I have ever read in my life!! The way they talk about us is actually hilarious while they wax lyrical about Wales and England. Whoever wrote the segment must be the most butt hurt person hahaha