Who is better?

Discussion in 'Japan' started by chicagofire278, Oct 28, 2007.

1. chicagofire278

Apr 21, 2007
    My friends and I were talking today and we came to a debate:
    Who is better Jozy Altidore or Morimoto? Both same age. Both played for their respective leagues at a very young age. And obviously, both are great players! But the question is who would you rather have on your team?

2. puff redded

puff redded Red Card

Oct 14, 2007
    Germany
    Don't know who they are

3. tako

tako Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Yokohama
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Currently Morimoto is struggling to get playing time in SerieA after he scored a gaol at first of this season. But he is still under 20 year-old, just give him a long look.

4. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Well if Morimoto is too fragile to stay healthy, then I can't choose him.

As for Altidore, have to see him play in a top league first.

5. hafji

hafji New Member

Oct 12, 2007
    japan
    kakitani>>morimoto, Altidore

6. chicagofire278

Apr 21, 2007
    True Morimoto is in Europe but Altidore is performing week in and week out in the MLS. He is such a big factor for NY Red Bulls. On top of that, Altidore's performance in the U20 world cup was simply amazing. But it's true that morimoto is injured and we have yet to see the best in him.

Kakitani? that is questionable. He is only like 2 months younger than altidore, but yet he is not a regular for his team. Yeah, I know its gamba osaka.. but still. And we all know that its just a matter of months before Altidore gets a US MENS national team call up, but we can't really say the same for Kakitani.

But I do have to admit though.. looking at that youtube clip of Kakitani, he could very well be the top Asian Player in a few years.

7. goki154-redded

goki154-redded Red Card

May 28, 2007
    Kakitani is still a raw player physically for a 1st team player.
    But in terms of skills, he is superior to Nakamura or Ono imo.

8. Puckodum

Puckodum Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Sweden
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    In another thread it said Kakitani´s born in 1990 and Morimoto 1988 so Kakitani quite young, dunno how old Altidore is tho

9. Luislb10

Luislb10 New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Portugal
    Morimoto -1988.05.07

Altidore - 1989.11.06

Kakitani - 1990.01.03

Altidore > Kakitani > Morimoto

10. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    now u're cursing in the church here chicago. Kakitani is a Cerezo member, not Gamba. and Cerezo's a J2 club, and still not a regular.

11. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    At the very least, Morimoto is better than Kakitani at the time being.
    Kakitani can't play for his J2 team, while Morimoto when healthy starts or subs on for Catania in Serie A. Not to mention he was rookie of the year in J-league when he was 16 I think.

12. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    When I saw first time Morimoto at Tokyo Verdy jersey,, I saw a Ronaldo junior.

The way of speed, ball move and skill etc.

He is a very talented young player.

I wish him best luck.

Iwa

13. chicagofire278

Apr 21, 2007
    Yeah, that's really true. When I was with India U20, and we played Japan U20, that kid was a Ronaldo duplicate. He had speed and strength, and kinda looks like a japanese version of Ronaldo:).
    For the whole week before the game, the coaches showed us video and told us how crucial it is to shut down Ito Sho. Except during that game Morimoto was the real threat, and Ito Sho didn't do anything more than run really fast.

14. aiueo-redded

aiueo-redded Red Card

Feb 3, 2006
    Japan
  15. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team: