Who are the top ten club teams in concacaf?

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by billyboy23, Sep 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thepundit

thepundit Member

Jan 1, 2005
    Tacoma, WA
    the final is a big deal but i haven't seen the Mexican teams really go at the tournament before the latter stages and MLS (2nd best league in CONCACAF) doesn't compete at even close to their top level. hopefully that will change soon, though with MLS perhaps shifting the scheduling.

2. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    last year when dc united played pumas they were already well into thier league campaign

3. El_PoToSiNo

El_PoToSiNo Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Ontario, California
    Club:
    San Luis FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

what was the global score on that?? 6-1 something like that no?

4. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    yep.

5. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    top 20 teams in concacaf at the moment

1. pachuca champions
    2. san luis
    3. chivas
    4. toluca
    5. jaguares
    6. cruz azul
    7. atlante
    8. morelia
    9. dorados
    10. pumas
    11. tecos
    12. america
    13. tigres
    14. atlas
    15. veracruz
    16. monterrey
    17. santos
    18. necaxa
    19. saprissa
    20. alajuela

6. I agree that the top Mexican and Costa Rican clubs will hold a slight advantage over MLS clubs in next years' new CONCACAF Champions' League. Over time, however, I am confident that MLS clubs will narrow the gap as they gain experience. My main question, though, is how the top MLS clubs like FC Dallas, DC United, and the Houston Dynamo would fare next year against Municipal of Guatemala, Olimpia of Honduras, or Portmore United of Jamaica and/or other clubs from UNCAF and the Caribbean.

7. Deathdealer

Deathdealer New Member

May 16, 2006
    USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I feel tha Olimpia Should not not be put in the same league as the teams mentioned before, I understand haters but reality is a whole other world. Olimpia should be between top ten Bottom line most of the other teams should be mexican and Saprisa. Comparing them to Guatemala or Jamacan teams is ********ing offensive, considering there history, so get a freaking life. MLS will be a great league but it is still a baby and it has to pay its dues I believe it will at one time become better then the Mexican league (as long as the follow the same path the are on now and they don't do the same thing as in the 70's). This is not personal but its ********ing offensive.

8. thepundit

thepundit Member

Jan 1, 2005
    Tacoma, WA
    and they probably played their first team but if it hadn't been a Mexican team they would've started a reserve team.

9. Shaydee

Shaydee Member

Apr 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder how many people actually saw that Pumas-DC game. The scoreline flatters Pumas. Pumas were by far the better team but DC fell apart for a few minutes, had a player sent off, and Pumas took advantage. Now I will go shower myself for sticking up for DC Scum.

10. oslomocx2

oslomocx2 New Member

Oct 13, 2005
    Que te importa?
    If we go by history we would have to include Leon, and Puebla on there.

Now if it's not personal why it be offensive?

11. oslomocx2

oslomocx2 New Member

Oct 13, 2005
    Que te importa?
    Don't flatter yourselves, cabrones.

On another note, FAS tied to Boca Juniors so that definitely has to count for something, I mean I know they did not beat them so they can't take the #1 place, because the is reserved for Olimpia, but #2 is a must. So...

1. Olimpia
    2. FAS
    3. Pachuca
    4. San Luis
    5. Toluca
    6. Chivas
    7. Cruz Azul
    8. Jaguares
    9. Atlante
    10. Morelia

12. OK. Let me rephrase the question. Who are the best clubs in CONCACAF outside of Mexico and the U.S.? I am assuming that Saprissa and Alajuela would be at the top of the list. Who would follow? Which of these clubs are capable of beating an MLS club?

13. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

saprissa and alajuela are ranked much better than the MLS teams, you should rephrase saying
    Who are the top clubs outside Mexico? (and/or saprissa and alajuela)

As we all know saprissa and Alajuela have beaten MLS teams lots of times, besides that, I think that Municipal, Olimpia, and some other tico clubs like Puntarenas, Brujas, Heredia and Perez Zeledon are able to beat MLS teams

14. chololo

chololo Member

Jan 7, 2006
    san bernardino
    i dont think that will happen

15. terrible15

terrible15 Big Soccer Hall of Fame

Jan 16, 2006
    long beach, ca

I agree...MLS has improved a lot but so has the Mexican League....I think the Mexican league is growing faster than MLS...

16. CienPre Chiva

CienPre Chiva New Member

May 23, 2006
    I would actually put the list like this:

1 CHIVAS
    2 pachuca
    3 jaguares
    4 toluca
    5 cruz azul
    6 atlante
    7 morelia
    8 saprissa
    9 alajuelense
    10 dallas fc

17. thepundit

thepundit Member

Jan 1, 2005
    Tacoma, WA
    there be no bias in thine post.

18. Saprissa and Alajuela are even with the best MLS clubs, not necessarily better. Both of them beat pre-season lower-table MLS clubs by the slimmest of margins. I would not say that they are ranked MUCH better. They are definitely good, but not superior to MLS competition.

BTW, its just these kinds of discussions that will make this new league exciting and worth watching.

19. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

tip: check all time record between MLS and sapriss/alajuela

20. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Olimpia???? you're overrating them, they haven't done anything important recently.

21. thepundit

thepundit Member

Jan 1, 2005
    Tacoma, WA
    yeah i think it should be clarified whether this question pertains to the current powers or the traditional 10. i still think the current top 10 are all Mexican with Saprissa and FC Dallas knocking on the door.

22. deadhead

deadhead New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    --DC United right now is a lock for the top ten, at probably a #8,9, or 10. The way they play right now, I say they could get a result against any team in the region. Moreno is a crafty striker and Gomez in the midfield is another strong player.
    --FC Dallas has to be knocking at the door with their strong play this season. Carlos Ruiz is one of CONCACAF's most feared strikers and has proven it on an international level.
    --Aside from DCU and FC Dallas, no other MLS teams even come close to a top ten regional spot, at least in my opinion, especially with many playmakers missing for the World Cup.

23. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    1. Club America
    2. Toluca

...the rest

:D