Whitecaps 2 Thread

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by Prosoccercdn, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Prosoccercdn

Prosoccercdn Member+

Aug 6, 2011
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  2. Prosoccercdn

Prosoccercdn Member+

Aug 6, 2011
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    New Westminster city council today turned down the Vancouver Whitecaps proposed USL Pro farm team for the city.

Whitecaps statement :

Vancouver Whitecaps FC statement regarding decision on New Westminster USL PRO proposal

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/news/2014/09/whitecaps-fc-statement-new-westminster-decision

Other possible Metro Vancouver municipalities for the Cap's farm team are Burnaby, Surrey, and Coquitlam.
    Burnaby has a 5K seat stadium and is about 15 minutes from where the Cap's play now at BC Place.
    Not sure if Surrey has a suitable stadium, Coquitlam has a 1482 seater that was renovated in 2008 and has room to expand (pre reno capacity was 4K+).

3. Sporting Real

Sporting Real Member+

Jun 29, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if Vancouver plans on using the name of the municipality the farm/reserve/residency team is located in with it's own tweaked logo or call them Whitecaps 2? You'd have to think using the name where the team is playing, such as Burnaby Whitecaps, would help draw some people from the area to games

4. Prosoccercdn

Prosoccercdn Member+

Aug 6, 2011
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    They may do that if Burnaby gets the team, but if they put it in Surrey which is somewhat of a rival to Vancouver they may opt for another name to differentiate it and make it seem more of their team.

5. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. cflsteve

cflsteve Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    The New Westminster Project fell through but I like the model of the co ownership with nearby city and ownership group. gives the city its own team.
    One positive is that it is right next to the cooperation project and new field house. he field can also be converted from football to soccer lines and back I think.
    The bad news is that the WhiteCaps are full owner and as far as I have read will be dropping their U-23 team.
    The WhiteCaps former home at Swangard stadium in Burnaby could also be a good site as it was an option to expand when they hit the NASL. Although SFU Clan will be playing football there again it is still a soccer stadium and a bit newer I think. Is there any potential for an ownership groups to take on the Burnaby 'Caps?

7. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Pollard7545

Pollard7545 Member

Philadelphia Union
    May 17, 2009
    Bear, Delaware
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would like for some help from you guys in relation to a project that I am doing. I am using the FIFA 10 PC game to create the teams of MLS, NASL, USL and some NPSL teams. Since you guys know the players can you rate the players for this team? Also if you know who the captain of the team is that would be helpful as well. Please keep in mind that ratings for MLS players are between 60s and 70s and NASL players from MLS are between 50s and 60s. So USL players should be between 40s and 50s. Here is the team I need help from you guys to rate:
    Whitecaps FC II
    Squad correct as of March 27, 2015.[3]
    No. Position Player Nation
    41 Defender Jackson Farmer Canada
    54 Defender Craig Nitti United States
    55 Defender Chris Serban Canada
    47 Forward Jovan Blagojevic Canada
    49 Forward Mackenzie Pridham Canada
    51 Forward Billy Schuler United States
    39 Goalkeeper Spencer Richey United States
    53 Goalkeeper Mark Village Canada
    37 Midfielder Mitch Piraux Canada