While the USA has made great strides, Mexico still King of CONCACAF

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by truetrini, Jun 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BearFoot

BearFoot BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 9, 2002
    The Nutmeg State
    USA and who?

2. simonb_nyc

simonb_nyc New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    As the European press predicted, a USA win. But they didn't predict how PATHETIC Mexico looked. Slow, boring, lethargic. The US didn't let the "little ants" play their game. Congratulations USA as you are EASILY the kings of CONCACAF.

3. Dooglas

Dooglas Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    ^^ agreed.

some points, if mexico can ONLY beat us at home while we beat them everywhere else.....how can they be considered the king of concacaf?

4. ac1962

ac1962 Member

Jul 10, 2005
    Punta Cana
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Define "everywhere else" pelmazo!!!

5. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    We won't be kings of CONCACAF until we win in Mexico. They haven't beaten us (or scored for that matter) in the US since 1999. So we're essentially joint kings.

Of course that's not acceptable for the Mexican fans.

6. jjr2249

jjr2249 New Member

Sep 4, 2005
    The mexican team is no more, they were crushed on US soil not even scoring a late goal to salvage some dignity. Onyewu marked borgetti to the point were jared was ground into dust and shows that mexico is an old team (where was the old whiner Cuauhtemoc). The Mexi team will be last in their group in Germany. Its a shame really Mexicans love soccer but their team doesn't match their countries love, since so many live here anyway they should embrace the US squad. Just as Landon Donovan said after the game the US 2-0 win will haunt Mexico for the next 3-4 years. The tricolor has been lowered dragged through the mud and spat upon by the efforts of a no heart aging mexican national team, that can't back up the talk.

Peace in the middle east

7. simonb_nyc

simonb_nyc New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I couldn't have put it better myself.

8. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    Mexico lost 2-0 in the last wcq qualifier too didn't they? it wasn't the end of the world for the NT then and it won't be this time either..

i dont know why you're saying it's an old team, the only player in their 30's it's Borgetti...

9. jrod69

jrod69 Member

Feb 19, 2005
    NYC
    who said it wasnt the end??? lol how bout the beat down at the world cup that made u go home and cry gettin beat by the gringos

10. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    are you that stupid that don't know how to read?...i hate repeating myself but oh well...

he said that it's over cuz we lost 2-0 in Columbus and that Mexico wont get out of group stage that long....i said we lost 2-0 last qualifier too and Mexico did a good job in 2002...

i dont know maybe you don't remember, maybe you havent been a fan for that long..

11. USA Cup Champs 06

USA Cup Champs 06 BigSoccer Yellow Card

May 28, 2005
    Hopefully the nonsensical argument that Mexico is still the best team in CONCACAF can be put to rest. The only reason that perception exists is because of the ridiculous conditions that make Aztec Stadium impossible to get a result from. Get them away from the heat, altitude, and palpable smog and they are very ordinary. They surrendered a point at cellar-dwelling Panama before the panamanians began their recent run of good form.

As for the statement that they play a more attractive brand of soccer, that is simply hogwash. While they have a few outstanding individual players, they do not play well together. The US is much more organized and very exciting and you can see it in the covering and switching and interchanging within the formation. Mexico plays pretty much strait up and hopes to win the one-on-ones. When they fail to do that, they lose. Which is exactly why they still need a point to qualify. Borgetti is an excellent poacher, but that's it. Onyewu made Borgetti his little bitch last night.

The USA is also a lot deeper than Mexico right now. Some of the best players the US has weren’t even on the field last night. Cherundolo, John O’Brien, Josh Wolff, and I know I’m forgetting some. All of those guys give the US versatility to change the dynamics of what they can throw at teams. Nowhere else in CONCACAF do you see the depth that the United States has.

Mexico, right now, is inferior physically, technically, and tactically to the United States. Maybe in the future they will regain their status, but as of right now the United States IS THE BEST nation in the region, hands down. No question about it.

12. simonb_nyc

simonb_nyc New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    You are SO right!

13. Dooglas

Dooglas Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    the reason i say usa is the king is because since the late 90's the only place we didnt beat mexico was mexico, but we have results in neutral locations as well and they havent even scored a goal on us in usa....

14. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Not enough, that only means the US has gotten some ground back. US and Mexico are pretty much even right now.

15. simonb_nyc

simonb_nyc New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Yeah I would agree with you. Amigo, shake hands!

16. PTS21

PTS21 Member

Sep 1, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Amen. Until Mexico proves it can beat the US outside of Aztec, US is the king of the region. The changing of the guard happened in Korea and even when we played horribly in Aztex in March, we still were one goal away from tying it. US better be ranked in front of Mexico before the World Cup.

17. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that the US needs to beat Mexico in Mexico to earn that undisputed title though. Outside Mexico in the US and abroad the US since 2000 has been better then Mexico. But to be truly on top, have to beat them at their house.

18. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Flawed logic.

Until the US proves it can beat Mexico in Mexico, then yes. Until then, no.

19. PTS21

PTS21 Member

Sep 1, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How so. US can't beat Mexico in Aztec. Mexico can't beat US in US Northeast. Since US beat Mexico in Neutral place (WC in Korea), US is King.

20. PTS21

PTS21 Member

Sep 1, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think one team in the world has EVER beat Mexico at Azteca. That craphole is a tough place to play. If Mexico hosts a world cup, they'd be a favorite to win.

21. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    They've hosted it twice and only got too the QF on both occasians

22. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    so the king can't even win one single away game?

23. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    US can't beat Mexico anywhere in Mexico, not just the Aztec stadium. Not even once, zero.

Only one team has beaten Mexico in Mexico in qualifiers, but other teams have won there before. And no, if Mexico hosts another World Cup, I doubt Mexico would be favorite to win it. But we won't know it's far away for Mexico to host another World Cup again.

24. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Craphole? YOU wish you had a home field advantage like Mexico does.

25. dmike

dmike Member

Jul 7, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So now all of the Mehikosss have changed their stance on who's superior?

Im so shocked :eek:

In a way I could care less if we ever beat Mexico in the Aztec. What would it accomplish?? Nothing much since we already achieved what we set out to do 10years ago. Proving we can beat Mexico in their smog infected high altitude stadium won't change the fact we can already beat them anywhere else.

-We got a core of players that can actually play "soccer" :D
    -Got a coach that has dissected Mexico from top to bottom
    -Beat Mexico consistently
    -Beat Mexico when it really matters (World Cup)
    -Responsible for the exit of 3 Mexican coaches
    -More players having bigger roles abroad in EPL and Ducth League

I look forward to playing Mexico in the future but im soooooo over you guys already. I was actually nervous coming into Satursday game because we were gonna be minus atleast 5 key starters. BUT when we can win with guys like Ralston,Armas,HeyDUDE and Belhalter it just shows a gap starting to grow.

Are we superior to Mexico? Not yet
    Are we better than Mexico ? Easily

You can talk all about who has better tactics and style but in the end its about results. While Mexico use to dominate and be the class of the CONCACAF, USA is now the team to beat. I know its hard to swallow if your Mexican but reality bites. You can refuge on your Aztec mystic all you want cause thats all you got left. You would of never taught it would come down to that huh??

note: Don't think im sorrounding my whole argument on Satursday result. This is basically what has been happening in the last 5+years. Its almost becoming dejavu year after year. Speaking of Dejavu 2-0 once again.