Which US bubble players should be name to the WC roster?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by sarabella, Feb 23, 2006.

1. JugglinNCWest7

JugglinNCWest7 New Member

Feb 18, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    I really don't know what everyone sees in Berhalter (compared to other options). Sure he's a solid player in the center but Conrad has definitely proven that he is capable of playing in the WC. I think he should be the 5th center back ahead of Berhalter but I guess Bruce feels the opposite as shown by the Poland roster. Now that I've thought a little more about it I think Pope is the 3rd/4th option at center back. I think Gibbs will start with Boca if Gibbs is healthy. Otherwise it will either be Boca and Pope for experience or Boca and Gooch for the scariness factor :D . Usain... drop Ralston from that list and add Hejduk and we basically have the exact same line-up :) (except Eddie Lewis will start at LB). Hahnamann will be the third keep. He's played pretty well recently against the CONCACAF competition he's faced. Oh yeah and the more I look at it... the less I think Zavagnin will make the team (unless O'Brien or Reyna has no chance of playing). It looks like he still has a pretty good shot at being a reserve but any better than that is pushing it.

2. giggshasscored

Jun 5, 2004
    Omaha
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What about Bobby Convey? Is his omission from list because he is seen as a lock to make the squad these day?

3. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    Didn't realize Pope was on the bubble - I voted for him, but I really think he's one of the starting 16

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do not want to see Pope play in Germany for the US. I hope Gibbs gets healthy and they go with Gooch, Gibbs, Steve C. and Beerhalter.

I like the way Twellman is playing today v Poland. He has been on both sides of the ball, too bad he can't move more on offense though.