Which teams do you wish to face in third round of WCQs next year?

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by +PL+, Nov 8, 2015.

1. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What ban?

2. Football Asia

Football Asia Member

Oct 17, 2014
    You got banned on pfdc youre persianlegion

3. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    PersianLion! How many times should I tell you!

4. Football Asia

Football Asia Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Im not retarded lol
    anyway that was funny have fun with your studies

5. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    :confused::barefoot:

6. Diego Aguirre

Diego Aguirre Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Tashkent
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    now we don't have nothing common with narrow-eyed Asians, we have more similarities with Azerbaijan, Turkish and current Turkmen people (but they were used to be part of our khanate until 1920, all of stan-countries except Uzbekistan didn't have any statehood in their history as they were nomadic tribes. Moreover all of medieval Central Asian states' capitals were situated in the territory of independent Uzbekistan

7. 2002

2002 New Member

Aug 9, 2001
    Qandaysiz, my Uzbek friend. As someone of Korean descent that married an Uzbek girl I have to disagree with your statement above. Our two nations share commonalities that would surprise you. You can confirm this with one of the many thousands of your countrymen that reside in Korea. Another issue I take with your statement is your reference to piskakoz Asians. I am assuming that this is your way of putting us down. In fact I saw many Uzbeks with eyes much smaller than my own when I lived in Uzbekistan. A not so insignificant part of your gene pool is Mongoloid and that's just a fact.

Anyways I think it's great that we have an Uzbek poster on this site. Your team is fast improving and I root for you guys whenever you don't face South Korea. But Uzbekistan has never had much luck against us so be careful what you are wishing for.

TigersOfAsia and Nurafshon repped this.
  8. Diego Aguirre

Diego Aguirre Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Tashkent
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    how do you know about 'piskakoz'?)) hope nobody insulted you with this word. I partially agree with your point on narrow-eyed Uzbeks, they have Mongoloid features, most likely due to the footprint of Sheibanid dynasty which takes their root from current Kazakhstan, Siberia and Altai regions, but there is no relation to contemporary Mongols. They compose only approximately 5% of the whole population.
    It's true that we are always unlucky against your team, that's why we have more desire to play especially against you

9. (De La)Redstriker06

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    If everything goes Palestine's way (we beat UAE and UAE fails to beat KSA) we would have 11 points and at least a +12 goal differential. Jordan isn't beating Australia in Australia so we should be grab one of those 4 runner up spots. The pots would look as such

1. Iran/KSA
    2. Australia/Korea Republic
    3. Japan/Uzbekistan
    4. Qatar/Iraq
    5. PALESTINE/Korea DPR
    6. Syria/Thailand

Ideally, I would have loved to have Australia and Korea Republic in the same group as we've never played them before. Part of me wants to play Saudi Arabia again and beat them the other part of me doesn't want to deal with the drama, political influence, and bullshit that comes with playing them (definitely not keen on giving up a home game again).

Iran (Will definitely travel to that game to see what the Azadi stadium is like), Australia (could have a very good turnout in terms of support in Melbourne/Sydney), Uzbekistan (easier opposition than Japan), Qatar (Our record vs. Iraq is horrible), Thailand (Syria may not agree to play in Palestine plus the Thais don't travel well- we have to make up for what happened in 2014 WCQ).

KiarashM and Zandi360 repped this.
  10. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    I want both Iran and Korea ;)

Parisian75 repped this.
  11. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Add Qatar, North Korea and Iraq (since Lebanon doesn't make it most likely) and we have 2014 WCQs /AC 2015 all over again.

12. Farhad Khan

Farhad Khan Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Asia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Is that because Uzbeks want to miss another WC appearance?

KiarashM and TigersOfAsia repped this.
  13. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Are you sick? U prefer Germany to Fiji in order to loose both games? For us Iran is weaker then Japan, and chances to win you like last time more then them.

Diego Aguirre and Farhad Khan repped this.
  14. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Good luck with that. I guess this Iranian team is stronger than last WCQ with exception of Javad Nekonam and Pooladi we have better players all over the places. I honestly doubt Uzbekistan even manage a draw in Tehran if we will be in the same group.

15. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    be careful what you are wishing. You should probably give up on beating Korea.

The bolded part is not important. The most important thing is qualification which we did it last time and we must do it this time too. btw, I agree that our WCQ 2018 team is more talented than WCQ 2014 with exception of Nekounam and probably Jalal Hosseini (Do not know why you added Pouladi to the list here)

16. Farhad Khan

Farhad Khan Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Asia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I'm not sick. Quite healthy actually.

Germany to Fiji? What?

Regardless of the FIFA rankings and Iran's head to head records, people like you always say Iran is weaker than team X and Y is always said by many fans so we will win but it doesn't turn out as sweet as they want. Ask the Qataris. Ask the Emiratis. Ask the Koreans. Ask your own country. Iran always gives hell to opponents home and away and has the defensive/attacking quality to back it up.

Uzbekistan inconsistency has proved to a factor when they play Japan, Korea, Australia, and yesss Iran.

Secondly, what you are wishing for is likely not possible with the how the seeds are currently:

Seed 1: Iran-Korea
    Seed 2: Japan-Saudi

Even if it's Iran OR Korea with Japan, I'm still confident Uzbeks will not make the WC especially when they will likely drop points against smaller teams.

I might give Uzbeks a chance to finish as top 2 to make it IF it's perhaps Iran/Korea AND Saudi. Saudi currently is as inconsistent as you guys.

The honest truth. What you wish for is basically revenge which is fine if a Korean/Japanese/Aussie wished for since their teams are not as inconsistent as Uzbeks to achieve it.

KiarashM repped this.
  17. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    If you are not sick, or have no chemical reactions on the left part of your brain, then stop asking stupid questions.
    Before we won you in Azadi, you were talking exactly the same words which you are repeating now. There is a high probobility that you [personally you] will be embarrased for your big mounth again if we meet.

Diego Aguirre and Farhad Khan repped this.
  18. Farhad Khan

Farhad Khan Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Asia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    lol at the first part of your sentence trying to insult me. At least I won't go that low to personally insult you for being so butthurt...

My big mouth? Well the Uzbeks are the ones who have been crying for some time now...

With CQ in charge and TM players developed after that transitional period vs. Uzbekistan, the probability of that is certainly not that high. I will personally congratulate you guys if Uzbek NT can get decent results against likes of Iran and Korea to make the WC for the first time just like I would for any team. In the mean time, you are the one talking big and should be worried about being embarrassed in the future.

19. TigersOfAsia

TigersOfAsia Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    You sound really tense and bitter about everything my man. I think the sooner you accept that Uzbekistan isn't going to qualify for 2018, the better. I'm just trying to save you from another heart breaking disappointment.

20. Parisian75

Parisian75 Member

Mar 13, 2015
    Is it confirmed that the draw will be held on April 12?

Suren01 repped this.
  21. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Yes it is.

Parisian75 repped this.
  22. Diego Aguirre

Diego Aguirre Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Tashkent
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    stop talking trash and try not to embarass Asia in WC at least, Korea already proved to be helpless without referees' assistance like in 2002, what a shame was that for your people and the whole nation, you can't even imagine how you managed to spoil the image of South Korea in front of world football community

23. TigersOfAsia

TigersOfAsia Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    So much trash talk coming from an irrelevant country that has never hosted anything, won anything or qualified to anything.
    We've qualified to 9 WC's and you make it seem like everyone of them other than '02 was a disaster. And if anything, our performances along with Japans at the WC has help AFC gain additional WC slots. It's a shame you guys still can't seem to qualify.
    I suggest you do some research before spewing your usual nonsense.

KiarashM, Valkyrie and Suren01 repped this.
  24. Diego Aguirre

Diego Aguirre Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Tashkent
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    again your beautiful eyes are distorting the truth, because you can't see what we achieved up to now in football and sports in general, and participating in how many qualifiers you made 9 WCs? Korea was a piece of smth some decades ago, so we're also undergoing this initial period of football's development but with better achievements

25. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #50 +PL+, Mar 3, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
    Pooladi was our best defense in Fifa 2014 WC and a solid LB. We have Milad Mohamandi in that area now, but he loves to run to the goal and play as a winger (same quality of HajiSafi), I don't know much about Milad Mohamadi's defensive skills. That's why I added Pooladi to my list.

If you remember Hajisafi & Amiri (LB-LW) combo, you should remember the disastrous results. Amiri is a good attacking LW but lacks defensive skills. HajiSafi is a utility player and a good LW with some defensive skills. We need a solid LB to cover the holes in our defense. Pooladi was the right player before his decision to not come back to Iran.

Milad Mohammadi is a great runner, but I am not sure what will happen in a counterattack when our LB position will be left with no coverage. We have three great offensive players in our team's left side with minimal defensive skills. This won't help us when our team is under attack. I have seen so many goals we have conceded just from this gap in our defense.