Which team will win Super Bowl LI?

Discussion in 'Football' started by Goodsport, Jan 22, 2017.

?

Which team will win Super Bowl LI?

Poll closed Feb 5, 2017.
  1. Atlanta Falcons

20.0%
  2. New England Patriots

80.0%
  1. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Who knows how long it will be until we see another QB start 7+ Super Bowls :notworthy:

3. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Okay, I'll be brave and risk ridicule. :)

Lot of focus on the #1 offense in points scored (Atlanta) vs. the #! defense in points allowed (New England).
    This will be the sixth Super Bowl that the NFL's number one offense in points scored meets the league's number one defense in points allowed.
    In the previous five meetings, the team with the #1 defense won four Super Bowls.
    SB XIII: Dallas (#1 scoring offense) scored 31 points but LOST to Pittsburgh (#1 scoring defense).
    SB XIX: Miami (#1 scoring offense) scored 16 points and LOST to San Francisco (#1 scoring defense).
    SB XXIV: San Francisco (#1 scoring offense) scored 55 points and DEFEATED Denver (#1 scoring defense).
    SB XXV: Buffalo (#1 scoring offense) scored 19 points and LOST to New York G (#1 scoring defense).
    SB XLVIII: Denver (#1 scoring offense) scored 8 points and LOST to Seattle (#1 scoring defense).

But what about the other side of possession?
    The Patriots ranked 3rd in points scored (scoring 99 fewer points than Atlanta) while the Falcons ranked 27th in points allowed (allowing 156 points more than New England).

Average Over/Under is 58 1/2
    I'll take the Over.
    And I'm going with New England and I feel it could be over by the 3rd quarter (three possession lead).

5. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    It's Belichick/Brady tradition for the Super Bowl to come down to the last couple possessions. I don't know if I want to go through another 2014-style win, or even worse, a 2007-style loss :sick:. It would be a dream for the Pats to 'simply' be able to pull away in the 4th quarter.

While maintaining a measure of realism, I'm hoping for something along the lines of 34-24 Pats.

6. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Step aside Terry and Joe.

7. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WOW, what a comeback! That reminds me of Joe vs Bengals Superbowl.

8. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I tried to take Bill Mayer off my cable package. They would not let me do it. So I wanted to take HBO off after all the sopranos went off the air. Then they said if I do that I would lose show time I like Ray Donovan. Then I told them I was a cablevision customer since 1992. They did not care if I left, but said the same thing would happen if I went with Verizon.

I told them even if the same thing happens it would be better to go with someone that wants my business then with someone that already had it and does not care if they lose it.

So I switched and New England won Bill Mahler you scumbag.

9. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    And say hello to Charles Haley. :p