which seeded team will do the worst in the wc 2006?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by Colm, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Argentina, Brazil, England, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Spain

are the seeded teams but which one will do the worst in the world cup 2006?

2. Sinter

Sinter New Member

Oct 12, 2003
    New York City, U.S.A
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    last world cup I fairly remember Spain reaching the quarterfinals and Mexico only the round of 16... love how people are underestimating Spain now. In fact Spain would've reached the semis if that game wasn't pretty much fixed. On European soil, I don't see Spain doing worse than Mexico.

3. Pauncho

Pauncho Member+

Mar 2, 1999
    Bexley, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, who voted for Brazil?

4. fearmor123

fearmor123 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Dublin
    Ok if people leave all biases aside I can't believe that anyone on paper would vote for anyone ahead of Mexico and then altho they knocked us out, its clearly France

5. fearmor123

fearmor123 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Dublin
    Ok if people leave all biases aside I can't believe that anyone on paper would vote for anyone ahead of Mexico!!! They are hte only tea that you'd bet on not getting out of thier group (right noe b4 we've seen the groups- they could have Holland, Serbia and USA tho!!!! After that tho I reckon they'll qualify and altho they knocked us out, its clearly France and altho thay have home advantage Gerany that are the weakest of the seeded teams

6. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd say wait for the draw to vote.

7. peteo

peteo Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Daly Citay, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I suppose "do the worst" is relative here (not advancing past the 1st round, losing in the 2nd round, etc.) but I'd choose Mexico or Argentina. Home field (European soil) is an advantage and can't see how Brazil will do worst of that bunch. A biased vote for Mexico to do worst of all the number one seeds...

8. fireballil

fireballil Member

Jun 22, 2004
    Litchfield,Illinois
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think most of the people who voted for Spain-and I must confess, I am among those-did so because of their underachieving past. I do think that I should have voted for Germany, even though they made the final match last time, because they may have over-acheieved in Korea/Japan.

9. athyrob

athyrob New Member

Sep 22, 2004
    If england won the world cup it wouldnt surprise me, if england lost in the first round it wouldnt surprise me. Any team that can lose to northern ireland and then beat argentina in the space of a few months shows how unpredictable they are. I think with sven in charge or mr charisma as we know him, england will have an enjoyable 7 days.

10. FMF_LFP

FMF_LFP Red Card

Aug 19, 2005
    Piss Peru
    Welocme to Big soccer my friend !!!! , Juts glad you have a wide look of things and are Objective .

11. FMF_LFP

FMF_LFP Red Card

Aug 19, 2005
    Piss Peru
    Welcome to Big soccer my friend depends on the forum mostly !!!! , Juts glad you have a wide look of things and are Objective .

12. El_PoToSiNo

El_PoToSiNo Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Ontario, California
    Club:
    San Luis FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

5 huge DUMBA$$ESS!!!! :D

13. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I personally feel it will be Mexico though one of the other seeded teams could suprise and do worse and get knocked out in the first round.

14. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    haha. yeah. these are just like those guys in Florida who can't vote. hanging chads!!!

15. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whoever gets drawn with the USA, obviously. ;)

16. dasoccerplayafosho

Jun 30, 2003
    Utah USA
    honestly and non-byasedly, it would be between france and mexico. they have both choked a lot in recent years when they really wanted/needed to come up big.

but if we're comparing dissapointments with our expectations, then probably brazil, because we pretty much expect them to win by 5 after so long of having "brazil is the best team" forced into our brains for forever

17. SharpshooterTom

Oct 27, 2005
    Although I fancy England not to be the worst finished seeded team in this tournament, it really depends on the draw.

If we get ourselves into a pickle in the group stages and draw Brazil in the second round, I wouldn't fancy our chances, but if we do reasonably well and get a nice draw, things should work out better and we could go quite far.

18. mrdeeds

mrdeeds New Member

Jun 13, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Wow, where's the love for Mexico? I voted Germany, because I just think they will choke :D

19. NitroGuy

NitroGuy New Member

Oct 30, 2005
    North America
    ---Well for me the team that i predict will choke, will be Spain. They seem to have many problems. The teams that i predict will do a good job will be Argentina, Mexico, Italy and Brasil

20. El_PoToSiNo

El_PoToSiNo Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Ontario, California
    Club:
    San Luis FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    :( ~sigh~ yeah.........i agree with you those two are the ones up for the worst. Not too happy to say that but it is the truth. Oh well i could always root for U.S. :D ..................nah!

21. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oubviously ;)

22. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think probably Mexico will be the worst of the seeded teams but I voted for Spain... not because they're a bad side but because there's just something about them that makes them go tits up in the big tournaments.

Argentina, France and England have enough decent players to make at least a reasonable showing and Germany are playing at home so they will do OK... don't they always!

Italy, on the other hand, will do OK for a while and then somehow forget that the old Italian way of defending - tripping, pushing, punching, pinching,elbowing and grabbing - are NOT actually allowed in the rules of the game and that you can only do that when playing in Italy where the rules are apparently suspended. I can still picture the utterly gormless look on Materazzi's face when he held that Bulgarian fella in the penalty box in euro2004 and who can forget the histrionics when Totti was sent packing after diving against the Koreans and when that Korean fella was rugby tackled to the ground. Still, great fun, eh?

They'll go a reasonable distance though.

Personally I think it's between Germany, (home side and all that), and Brazil like last time.

23. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004
    HAHA !!!..good one.....

24. Goofy

Goofy Member

Jun 10, 2005
    support for oneself.
    So, second thoughts, anyone?

You still think Spain and Mexico will choke? :rolleyes:

25. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You've got to say Argentina now. There may be some conspiracy to get Italy out too. ;)